Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2001 7:40:16 PM EDT
I posted a reply to someones post a few months back concerning this. I was called a liar and TOLD to post a data point for proof. I stated it`s not the kind of thing they advertise. I knew because I did work there at ther HQ in Pasadena,Ca.
here`s a data point from the LATIMES
Friday, May 11, 2001
Home Edition
Section: Part A
Page: A-1

THE NATION

Co-Founder of EarthLink Faces Claims of $600 Million

By: LIZ PULLIAM WESTON
TIMES STAFF WRITER

SANTA BARBARA -- Few who knew EarthLink co-founder Reed E. Slatkin would have believed he would come to this. But on Thursday, federal regulators, attorneys and government investigators said his crumbling financial empire faces claims of more than half a billion dollars in what is one of the largest potential Ponzi schemes ever probed.

Slatkin took in hundreds of millions of dollars from a nationwide network of investors, which included Internet moguls, fellow Scientologists, venture capitalists, Santa Barbara socialites and Hollywood producers.

mmmmmmmkay?
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Way kool 314. Rightous Vindication.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 8:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Couple of serious questions (asked out of interest, not doubt)

Isnt Earthlink owned by Sprint?? How does Slatkin fit into Earthlinks current management??

What is this ponzi scheme Slatkin is involved in?

Enquiring minds want to know...

G2
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, Earthlink isnt owned by Sprint.

From the Earthlink website:

[i]February 1998

EarthLink and Sprint Corporation announce a long-term strategic alliance to create a single, unified Internet service.[/i]

I will say this, though...apparently they dont want to admit to Slatkin ever being there. I can find no reference to him on the company site. Hmmm.

Tell us more, sir.

G2
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 9:18:49 PM EDT
[#4]
run don't walk!
Link Posted: 5/19/2001 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#5]
More?? There is at least 4 stories related to this scandal on the LA Times archive web site.
As for the link to Scientologist, I have found very little.
I first became aware by doing some work for a company run by Scientologists, Castec Window Shading. Earthlink bought some window covers for their HQ and I was sent to install them.
In order to gain access to various areas I had to sign waivers. These waivers and a couple other things I saw had 'LRH Publishing' at the bottom. Castec had the same forms and other clues.
I asked at E/L if they were affiliated with the church, I musta asked someone not involved and her reply was that yes it is filled with Scient. all are at the management level.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top