Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2001 11:03:37 AM EDT
GW is tring to start drilling in Alaska but the proposal needs to go thru Congress first.  Does it Pass???  If it does will our gass prices hit the $1.00 range again?  What do you think???
[grenade]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
GW is tring to start drilling in Alaska but the proposal needs to go thru Congress first.  Does it Pass???  If it does will our gass prices hit the $1.00 range again?  What do you think???
[grenade]
View Quote

Since I live here in Alaska and did during the Alyeska Pipeline days I can assure you it will drop prices but not as fast as some would like.

The first thing you will see leaving Alaska will be the natural gas that is stored in the ground at Prudhoe bay.

Having lived up here for 28 years I can also attest to the fact that it will not harm the enviroment like the bunny huggers think. I Caribou hunt the North Slope and the land is pristine with thousands of Caribou eating, sleeping and walking by and around that oil field.

Damn bunny huggers really piss me off.

Opening up ANWR will be a great thing for our country, the less we have to depend on the ragheads the better.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I think we should use up the rag head's oil first.  Then the Caspian oil, then Alaska.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in Lea County New Mexico. Our Part of the world revolves around the oil and gas industry. I am 90 miles from G.W.Bush's home town of Midland. The big oil companies Will do anything they can get away with. I made my living for years working in the oilpatch. If you let them drill then you damn well better watch out. The first wells drilled in Lea County were drilled in the 1930's and 70 years of the oilfield has ruined alot of land. If you lived somewhere you could not safely drink the water out of your own well you would understand what I am talking about. I am all for a good energy policy but lets do it right and not mess up something that can't be fixed.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope he does. First, it will piss off the watermelon marxists (green on the outside, red on the inside), plus will more supply, prices should at least stay where they are, and eventually drop. Also, drilling in ANWR will affect no one, and the environment will be fine.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SPORTSMANS SUPPLY:
The first wells drilled in Lea County were drilled in the 1930's and 70 years of the oilfield has ruined alot of land. If you lived somewhere you could not safely drink the water out of your own well you would understand what I am talking about. I am all for a good energy policy but lets do it right and not mess up something that can't be fixed.
View Quote

Sorry to hear the land down there was screwed up by drilling. I guess they learned from their mistakes because up on the North Slope they do it right.

Hunter out..
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Drill it, drill it like Tommy Lee drillin' Pamela. Till she gushes! Then drill it some more. Cheap gas is an American birth right it's payment for keeping the world free. Right? No? Well drill that Mo Fo anyway.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I say do it,
From what i understand they will be drilling out in the boonies anyway. It will also shurely create  more good paying jobs for those that are willing to work hard and earn it

Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn right we should drill it. it is less than 1/100th of a percent of the land in the refuge. Better to drill than remain totally dependent on others for our fuel. I know he is too smer to even touch the reserves like Clinton did.

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I never understood how it messes up the land.

How?

As I understand it... ya drill a hole... oil comes out.. you collect the oil. Done.

Are they complaining about the holes or somethin?
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 1:06:10 PM EDT
[#10]
LMAO Frank..

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I never understood how it messes up the land.

How?

As I understand it... ya drill a hole... oil comes out.. you collect the oil. Done.

Are they complaining about the holes or somethin?
View Quote

Oil spills, construction waste, wells collapsing because they don't refill them with seawater and such there are millions of ways to screw up the land.

I know this, I have been on the oil fields and you would NEVER guess that billions of gallons of crude are pumped out of there. And like I said before the wildlife have no clue what is going on, they birth their offspring right smack in the middle of the oil fields. Foot traffic around yellowstone does more damage then the big oil companys do to the slope.

And thats a FACT I have been there many times.

Hunter out...

EDITED for punctuation
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 1:16:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Now I've drilled in Alaska before and I found some of the best holes were in Anchorage.  Chilkoot Charlie's on a Saturday night to be exact.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Now I've drilled in Alaska before and I found some of the best holes were in Anchorage.  Chilkoot Charlie's on a Saturday night to be exact.
View Quote

Bwaahahahahahahahahaha!

I would have guessed "The Bush Company"

NOT that I have ever been there of course, Cough Cough!

Department Creed "What goes TDY stays TDY"

Hunter out...

Link Posted: 5/18/2001 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Now that I think about it I am surprised Clinton didn't try drilling in Alaska before bush.

Monica must not like the cold.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#15]
i think yes but as an ex roughneck i know there is still plenty of oil/gas in oklahoma.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#17]
You know we're gonna have to fire up more nuclear reactors for energy sometime - why not now?

Why now? 'cause it's gonna take about [b]ten years[/b] for each plant to make it through each regulatory agency's review process before the first spadeful of dirt is turned on the actual construction of the plant.

Hire an outside private agency to conduct safety inspections, and quality control tests,
on all construction, and then another agency to review that company's work and findings!

Eric The Hun[>]:)]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top