Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2001 7:30:15 AM EDT
does anyone have any info on a conversion kit for the AR, price locations cons-pros anything
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Burn,

Last year I finally purchased a Ceiner drop-in .22LR conversion kit for my AR-15.

At first it did not function.  In fact, it ejected the spent casings straight up into the upper reciever causing the "Mother of All Jams."

So I checked to "techy" stuff on this board and decided to disassemble it, hone and polish all surfaces, and then re-form the magazine lips.  When I had finished the necessary alterations I then began to try different ammo.

I discovered that my kit functions best with CCI .22 Long (not Long Rifle) ammo.  Since then it's been ticking away with great reliablity.  

Sure, it's not a tack driver - but it is good (unclean) fun!  So, remember to punch your bore and then shoot 5 round of 5.56mm FMJ to clear your gas tube before you head for home.

These devices are worth the money and the time to get them working.  That's my opinion though, others have found these little doo-dads to be frustrating and down right annoying.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Blast with mine. the best $125 dollars I spent for my AR. To clean the gas tube I shoot some gun scrubber down the gas tube. I use mine alot since there are only a few ranges around here to shoot a Centerfire rifle. But there is a handgun range where I can shoot .22's just down the street. I sometimes just take there to get my AR fix for the week.

Six
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Both my Ciener .22LR conversions worked great, right out of the box. The 1911 platinium is wonderfull.
you can get them at:
[url]www.brownells.com[/url]
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/024/sy/YF/7a/MZ12677.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 3:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I really love mine.  Actually I bought a dedicated A1 upper.  From what I have heard the 1/12 twist is the best (1/16 is optimal).  I can get them all in pie plate at 100 yards!!!

Good shooting!!

Link Posted: 5/19/2001 9:05:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Colt conversion 22 set. I haven't used it in 12 years. I need to get it out and dust it off and give it a try again.
Great idea. I'll go shoot today. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top