Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2001 7:18:24 PM EDT
Tonight's ER show was really anti-gun.  All the main characters on the show weighed in as being against guns.  Pretty hypocritical given that Dr. Greene has armed himself in the past.

I am going to have to consider complaining to NBC and boycotting the show.  Yuck!

GunLvr
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#1]
No kidding!  They even got pi$$ed at the guy who shot the gunman with his own gun.  The desk clerk said guns don't kill people, people kill people and was told to shut up.

The worst offence was when they said it was a 13 round CLIP.  Mother FVCKER$!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Does this surprise you?  I had a Poly Science teacher that was liberal as hell, he openly told us about when he used to carry a .44 mag.  Without a carry permit on top of that.  Hypocrisy at it's fullest.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
My girlfriend always watches that show. She watches that anti show Boston Common too. I try to remove the wool from her eyes, but to no avail.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My girlfriend always watches that show. She watches that anti show Boston Common too. I try to remove the wool from her eyes, but to no avail.
View Quote

Don't you mean Boston Public?  Boston Common was canceled years ago.  It was a sitcom with the annoying Anthony Clark.

OK back to my pathetic TV filled life.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't you mean Boston Public?  Boston Common was canceled years ago.  It was a sitcom with the annoying Anthony Clark.

OK back to my pathetic TV filled life.
View Quote

Yeah, thats it. Scares me that you know! [;)]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Well at least the show proved the point. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Did not Dr. Greene kill the shooter by his own action/inaction? Did he use a gun?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I can stand all the antigun bull but they should say mag instead of clip.
13 round clip
View Quote
 WTF?  At least they could get the terminology right before they bash us! [:(!]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Shut the damn television off.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Network TV sux ass.

the only truly great show that has been on Network, and is now on Cable is Homicide: Life on the Street. It rules. D.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#11]
It is a beautiful thing when the members of this forum are on the same wavelength. See my topic that is along the same lines. As if I needed a reason I am going to buy a new gun tomorrow! Screw them now and screw them latter when I am all nice and cozy w/ my own personal arsenal! [grenade]         [sniper]            
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#12]
LOL, I just came here to post this very same thread.

However, they did state that a CIVILAIN packing a 9mm took down that serial killer, and prolly saved a bunch of people's lives...
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, and the "Civilian" was latter treated for a minor wound and shown to be a moronic wannabe.  The new desk guy who is progun, is at least out spoken, though I don't think he'll ever say anything worthwhile...

Biggest problem I see is Greene allowing the guy to expire in the elevator while repeatedly firing the paddles to cover his inaction.  Sure none of us blame him and feel the bad guy got just what he deserved, but this will help cover all the anti-gun B.S. and help convince all the couch potatoes that a Doctor has more right to meet out vigilante justice than we do to defend ourselves.  

THAT burns me.

Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#14]
After hearing what Carter said to the guy who took down the killer fag, I'll never watch that show again.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Man, I'm glad I don't watch that show. In the beginning it sounded like one of the typical soap operas at night; guess it hasn't changed. What do you expect out of Hollywood, though? [V]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Most all TV shows are, even the one ones with guns. what really pisses me off is when the anti's act with guns.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#17]
national broadcasting communists are on an anti-gun roll. Check out the next episode of turd...I meant "third watch". Another mass shooting incident show.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey lighten guys.  It’s only a stupid movie.  

I bet Doc Greene would have wished he had a gun for his wife, when they brought in the black child psychologist with a bullet wound..

There is a lots of gun rampages scenarios(a la Columbine etc) at the end of the season.  The Practice, Third Watch, ER.  It sounds like those liberals sore losers that the gunners help defeat Al Gore; which is the way I like it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I havent watched TV fiction in years, but it sounds like you all just watched genuine PROPOGANDA.  More than likely some serious legislation on the way...
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:30:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I havent watched TV fiction in years, but it sounds like you all just watched genuine PROPOGANDA.  More than likely some serious legislation on the way...
View Quote

That's great, legislators writing gun control legislation based on fictional stories on television.  No wonder we have gasoline/power crisis here in Calif.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Awwww, man.  Now why did someone go and call "Law and Order" an anti-gun program?  I'm not doubting you in any way, but I'm trying to think of any occurence (and I've seen tons of episodes) where they put more emphasis on guns murdering people over f'ked up individuals being the real problem.

Now, granted I'm not as attentive to this as most of you guys are, but still nothing really comes to mind with Law and Order.  Actually, I find it to be one of the most law-orientated, non-"emotion based" (Boston Public, L.A. Law, etc etc etc etc etc) courtroom/investigation shows on T.V.  I haven't watched too much of the "L&O: Special Victims Unit", so maybe you're referring to that instead.
Who Knows.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 5:56:02 AM EDT
[#22]
I've almost completely sworn off of network TV, I still watch Star Trek (Which is ending next week) where _everyone_ is armed, and Jeopardy which has had a couple of subtle pro-gun clues in the last year.

I do watch a couple shows on the Sci-Fi channel though - LEXX and FarScape.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 6:22:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Awwww, man.  Now why did someone go and call "Law and Order" an anti-gun program?  I'm not doubting you in any way, but I'm trying to think of any occurence (and I've seen tons of episodes) where they put more emphasis on guns murdering people over f'ked up individuals being the real problem.

Now, granted I'm not as attentive to this as most of you guys are, but still nothing really comes to mind with Law and Order.  Actually, I find it to be one of the most law-orientated, non-"emotion based" (Boston Public, L.A. Law, etc etc etc etc etc) courtroom/investigation shows on T.V.  I haven't watched too much of the "L&O: Special Victims Unit", so maybe you're referring to that instead.
Who Knows.

Jewbroni~
View Quote

There was an episode last year (I think), where this guy shot an smg into a group of girls at a park... They found out he bought a gun on-line, and had purchased the parts to make it full-auto at a gun show. To make things worse, when the case went to trial, the whole thing turned against the manufacturer, because they were to blame for building "an assault weapon, so easy to turn into a machine gun, blah, blah" I'm sure you guys know the words from memory.
Other little things... Like when the cops interviewed the gun dealer, the BS reason he gave for mailing the gun to the (bad) guy, and that it was hardly a punishable offense... I have never screamed at a television set 'til I watched this f$%^ing abortion!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 6:29:35 AM EDT
[#24]
An NBC show that is anti-gun?  Shocking!
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Pretty hypocritical given that Dr. Greene has armed himself in the past.
View Quote

Hypocritical? How? The liberal agenda is not to remove guns from society, just from us commoners. He's a DOCTOR not sure if he's part of the elite that would be allowed, but I'm guessing he thinks he is, having never seen the show but just saying this from what I've read here.

people that make tv and movies are all fukken wannabe illuminati artsy jerks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#26]
An anti-gun show on NBC?? Who woulda thunk? ;D %|

Why would you waste your time watching junk like that... It will rot your brain! :P

Balu

--
Si vis pacem para bellum!
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Captain Obvious:
LOL, I just came here to post this very same thread.

However, they did state that a CIVILAIN packing a 9mm took down that serial killer, and prolly saved a bunch of people's lives...
View Quote

So that's all nice and good - too bad handgun possesion is illeagal in Chicago.

Link Posted: 5/18/2001 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Man, my smileys did not work. Oh, well... maybe this time:

[:P] [%|] [;D]
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I've never watched a full episode of ER and I didn't see last night's episode but it doesn't suprise me.  The pricks that write these shows know all too well that there are a lot of mindless boobs out there who watch these shows who don't know any better.  Idiots who actually believe you can order a gun through the mail, or that one can walk into their local gun store and buy a full auto machine gun, grenade launcher, etc.  All these people would rather have TV tell them how to think rather than having to exercise their brain a little for themselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top