Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 5/17/2001 12:12:43 PM EST
Hey guys,....I picked up an issue of "GUNS" magazine yesterday, and read a letter to the editor that quoted Charlton Heston as saying he feels it is "inappropriate for anyone to own an AK 47"..... Is this old news that I missed? Or is it misinformation? whats the deal? [:\]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:17:56 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:18:32 PM EST
Yes it is true. He said that during an interview at a san francisco radio station. He has since then tried to backtrack saying he meant machineguns, which only pissed off more people. IMO heston is only good for reading prepared statements.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:22:10 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 12:59:15 PM EST
Paul almost had it right...what he meant to say was "Inappropriate for anyone to own an AK47 UNLESS they own an AR first!"
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:04:02 PM EST
He said "It is inappropriate for anyone to own a Semi-Automatic AK47." "They should own Fully Automatic AK47!"[:D] Lynn [uzi]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:04:03 PM EST
Chuck is just a talking head. I appreciate his commitment but He aint the brightest star in the sky
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:09:25 PM EST
I believe he said "I hear AK-47.net is for sale".
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:17:06 PM EST
How about this: It is inappropriate for anyone to own an AK-47 as they are the products of communist nations. Instead people should be purchasing AMERICAN made AR-15 type rifles, and not supporting communist regimes. But if you get a really good deal on a used one, go for it. [sniper]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:33:08 PM EST
My concern over this is wether the NRA will protect our rights to own "EVIL" "MEAN" "NASTY" weapons with those "EXTRA SUPER DEADLY" pistol grips, detachable mags, and "REALLY REALLY REALLY DEADLY" bayonet lugs. Or will they only stick up for deer rifles, and bird guns. I am thinking of joining the NRA, but all of my weapons are "[red]DEVIL GUNS[/red]" I hope they wont punk out.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:45:32 PM EST
Originally Posted By madmedic:I am thinking of joining the NRA,...
View Quote
Stop Right There!! Join Gun Owners of America [url]http://www.gunowers.org[/url] Don't waste your money on the nra
Originally Posted By madmedic: ...but all of my weapons are "[red]DEVIL GUNS[/red]"...
View Quote
Even more reason to join GOA!! [url]http://www.gunowers.org[/url] Also take a look at KeepAndBearArms.com [url]http://www.keepandbeararms.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 2:15:38 PM EST
Should be gunowNers, right? Anyone here signed up for the long distance plan they have?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:48:02 PM EST
Originally Posted By madmedic: Hey guys,....I picked up an issue of "GUNS" magazine yesterday, and read a letter to the editor that quoted Charlton Heston as saying he feels it is "inappropriate for anyone to own an AK 47"..... Is this old news that I missed? Or is it misinformation? whats the deal? [:\]
View Quote
I guess I'm very unappropriate!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:16:13 PM EST
Actually, MOSES does`nt really understand the concept........[uzi]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:39:25 PM EST
Originally Posted By Rich314: Chuck is just a talking head. I appreciate his commitment but He aint the brightest star in the sky
View Quote
What he said.
Top Top