Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2001 5:31:31 AM EDT
I am so sick of government trying to regulate behavior through taxes and laws, that is NOT their purpose.

If people want to smoke, let them, don't tax the hell out of them because some do gooders don't like it.  I don't smoke by the way.

We have a Rep. president and I still don't feel safe about government staying the hell out of my life.  George W. needs to get a pair.

The thing that scares me is that I don't see any end or even slow down to this.

What NEEDS to happen for government to realize its place?  I hate to say it but it looks like they are going to push to far until people snap and fight back.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:35:05 AM EDT
[#1]
We cant even smoke a cigarette in any bar here in Ca.
We voted for the legalization of Marijuana for medicinal purposes and the feds ruled it out. Free country my ass, you can smoke a Marlboro in a bar in Russia, China, hell everywhere but Ca
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:38:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:40:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The thing that scares me is that I don't see any end or even slow down to this.

View Quote

Nor will you I am afraid.

Govt. will continue to squirm its greasy little finger into each and every citizens ass in its ever increasing search for more power and more importantly..........[i][b]control[/i][/b].

The power hungry, the elite, the educated (ha ha) will not stop until they reach total domination, whether openly or covertly of our society.

1984................the answer to what is [b]2+2[/b] will be determined by the legislators and the people will be told what to think, what to eat, where to go to church, school and work.

It will be time.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:46:17 AM EDT
[#4]
They would be too busy that day

It saddens me to have to admit that you are right Beekeeper1.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:08:35 AM EDT
[#5]
It does look bad, but I like to think that the bans like they have had in England & Austaila would get people off there asses.  As far as Bush goes, I didn't really expect a whole lot out of him, maybe that things wouldn't get any worse.  Four more years to stock up.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:27:49 AM EDT
[#6]
After these 4 years pass, then what? Vote in another gun control appeaser in the continuing cycle of trying to delay the inevitable? Just remember: every time you do this, it gets easier and easier to accept increasingly restrictive laws. Then before you know it, there is nothing left.

These many years of seeing this repeatedly happen has turned me into a perennial cynic. People say they are drawing a line in the sand, but when the beast called government crosses that boundary, their only response is to take a step back and timidly scratch another line.  At what point are you going to say "NO MORE!"?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We voted for the legalization of Marijuana for medicinal purposes and the feds ruled it out.
View Quote

And on what authority??  NONE!!!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I already have.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#11]

1.) Live a good life.
2.) Work hard, pay your bills/taxes.
3.) Vote
4.) Speak your mind peacefully to those elected.
5.) Try to  teach others.
6.) Hope for the best.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#12]
the part that really bugs me is when people go well thats it and give up. what can we do work our asses off thats what we can do and when that fails well VIVA LA REVALUTION!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Beekeeper, and Imbroglio,  In what way have you said no?

Awaiting answer with interest....

Godspeed
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By WhoMe?:

1.) Live a good life.
3.) Vote
6.) Hope for the best.
View Quote

7.) Prepare for the worst.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:58:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Originally Posted By WhoMe?:

1.) Live a good life.
3.) Vote
6.) Hope for the best.
View Quote

7.) Prepare for the worst.
View Quote

Took you long enough.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#16]
RE: #7.....

That's what I thought, just checking.  

Godspeed
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Force Multiplier. Create as many gun owners as you can. I have helped arm many of my co-workers and friends. Nothing lights up the eyes of a newbie like emptying a magazine. More guns for us=more power. If only a small % make a stand, it's better to have a large pool to draw from.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:30:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:After these 4 years pass, then what? Vote in another gun control appeaser in the continuing cycle of trying to delay the inevitable? Just remember: every time you do this, it gets easier and easier to accept increasingly restrictive laws. Then before you know it, there is nothing left.

These many years of seeing this repeatedly happen has turned me into a perennial cynic. People say they are drawing a line in the sand, but when the beast called government crosses that boundary, their only response is to take a step back and timidly scratch another line.  At what point are you going to say "NO MORE!"?
View Quote

Damn straight. BTW, I already say no more.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Go out and vote!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Stock up boys and girls SHTF days are coming!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#22]
The dumbing down and enslavement of the american sheeple will never stop.  history repeats itself, so that means our great Republic is doomed to eventually fall to the desires of statist polictians and the ignorance of the uneducated massess. this however does not mean i will not stick up for what i think is right, or even die to protect the constitution, but our best method of perserving liberty is the groundwork we lay for some future generation to look back upon. how we conduct ourselves is very very important. essentially we are ambassadors of freedom.  one of my friends suggest that it is far better to bounce ideas off of people, so i try to provide as much information as i can to people who seem interested.

i know this sounds negative, but i really beleive that america is permanently lossed. we dont have another continent to move to like our founding fathers did. the snakes are in our house and they have poisoned the minds of the public. the only antidote is knowledge, but the victims refuse treatment because they dont think or feel like they are poisoned.

snake kicking lib
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top