Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2001 5:09:41 AM EDT
What do you guys think of the new Tool album.  I loved Aenima, and had pretty high expectations for another kick ass record.  After listening to Lateralus a couple times I am pretty dissapointed.  

I was expecting something hard and with that edge that tool has, but I think Lateralus is missing that.  I like A Perfect Circle too, but the new album is a bit too weak for me.

Anybody else let down?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I agree.

Undertow and Opiate were incredible. Aenima was pretty damn good. Lateralus is a disappointment.

Look at it this way though. At least we'll get one more chance to see Tool live, which is ALWAYS well worth the ticket price.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:42:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't heard the whole album yet but I've liked what they've released over the radio.  Did you not like it because it wasn't what you expected or because it wasn't good?  

I heard a lot of people bitching about Metallica about 5 years ago when they changed their sound but as musical artists they need to follow whatever inspiration hits them, rather than be confined to what was previously successful.

Just my $1.50 (to account for inflation) [:D]  
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:49:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Tool [size=6]RULES!!!!!![/size=6]

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:53:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Tool?  Tool?  Never heard of 'em.  Are they anything like The Archies?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]
?????
I bought Poison Idea's [i]Feel the Darkness[/i]
in 1996. I haven't had to buy a new
album since.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:27:05 AM EDT
[#6]
There are only three songs on there that I really like:  Schism, Ticks and Leaches, and Lateralus.

I'm kind of dissapointed, but the more I listen to the CD, the more the music "grows" on me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually Tool: its called Lateralis. they messed up the printing on the first few hundred thousand copies.
I like the Cd alot. Ive found though that its not as dark as Aenima was(which is my fav cd of all time) The music rivals that of Undertow, same style. Has anyone gotten the lyrics yet? I want to see what the undertone is for this cd.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I've only listened all the way through once, thought it sounded a bit too much like the same old thing.  They are still the best thing going though.  They are the only concert I've been to in the past couple years (too loud, too old), and the only one I will go back to.  Maynard rocks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2001 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I would have preferred it to have a harder edge to it, but I still like what I'ver heard so far. I remarked to one of the guys I work with, that Tool is starting to make me think of a updated Pink Floyd with maybe a harder sound to them. If I was still in my weed smoking days, this album would go great with a cool buzz.

I got into Tool because they have good lyrics(thought actually put into them) and a nice sound overall(good guitar work-must have screaming guitars). Made fun of their name the first time I heard it, I'm slow to warm up to new bands. Still waiting for them to come out anti-gun( I expect it from everybody in the entertainment business).

Let it swell.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top