Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2001 4:22:36 AM EDT
This state sucks. The libs paid for a bunch of signatures, and now they have found an appelate court willing to BLOCK our CCW law(signed into law by the governor)untill it can be put to a vote in 2002.

I am so sick of whiney libs using courts to screw us out of our rights!

Read all about it at the Detroit Free Press online .

I am too pissed to be coherant. If you are in Michigan, we have to let the State Supreme Court know how we feel!!

sd
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#1]

This sucks!!  Got a link to where I can write??
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Hate to discourage activisim,but the Supreme Court doesn't give a hoot how you feel or what you think.  Save it for other venues.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#3]
This ruling was pretty much expected.  From the beginning we have been saying this will ultimately be decided in the Michigan Supreme Court.  We feel we have a good chance of winning there.  They told the Appeals court to hear our case when the Appeals court threw it out, plus they only gave them 30 days to make a ruling, so that it could be appealed to the Supreme court for a ruling before the law would go into effect.

Stephen Wire
Board of Directors MCRGO.org
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, I guess the next question is - what are our chances in the Supreme Court in Michgan. Are we going to get an mcrgo email about this?

sd
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This state sucks.
View Quote

Yes, it does.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]
It's okay, I bet that at least a couple of those people who signed against CCW are going to get robbed/raped in the near future and regret their ignorance. Oh, the irony.

radioman
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 4:19:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I knew this was comming, I have seen, and confronted these Liberal scum-sucking Bas*ards at several places around here. I've been writing everyone I can think of, and as usual, Our "Wonderful" goverment people are quick to respond with a form letter, having nothing to do with what You've writen to them about. Try calling them, only to have the "Lacky-O-the day, give You the same old lie..."I'll be sure to relay Your message to"XXXXX" Thank You for calling!"
If I could afford to move to AZ or another Gun friendly state I'd be gone in a second.

Yipee! I live in Michigan!!!! [:(]

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#8]
While the new CCW law is an improvement for the average Michigander, it would actually make things worse for many of us here in the Upper Peninsula. By personally applying direct pressure to our county gun boards we convinced many of them to re-interpret the old law and had carved out a large "shall issue" region in this "won't issue" state. Although the State Police still refuse to compromise their supreme dominance over law-abiding citizens, I was able to convince my local sheriff and prosecutor to out-vote the state's man and issue me an unrestricted permit. They even went so far as to make an exception to their own stated policy of requiring NRA certified safety training, in view of my military and competition shooting experience.

So now us Yoopers are faced with a dilemma. We virtually have to lend our support to statewide efforts to "win" this battle and "rescue" a law that mandates absolutely rigid training requirements and creates numerous Victim Disarmament Zones that do not exist for us now.

Lower Michigan sucks. Especially Lansing. And the spineless Republicans who dwell there.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Tall Shadow:
I knew this was comming. . .If I could afford to move to AZ or another Gun friendly state I'd be gone in a second.

Yipee! I live in Michigan!!!! [:(]

Tall Shadow
View Quote

Yep, I thought "This is too good to be true" when Engler signed the bill. Looks like it may be. I'm looking to get the hell out of here in the next few years -- once my son is out of high school.

See you at the Lapeer shoot in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This state sucks.
View Quote

Yes, it does.
View Quote

So does NY. Don't feel bad you are not alone!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top