Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2001 2:05:08 PM EDT
Or do they just have a sense of humor...

[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/011/zF/m3/Me/p267515.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Didn't Clinton authorize this plate design during the last days of his administration?  Wasn't it intended as a dig at those (conservatives) who were against D.C. statehood?
View Quote

I'm not sure when they released this plate, but it made Pepsi squirt out of my nose when I first saw it!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Come on guys that couldn't be a real tag.  Or is it?
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Come on guys that couldn't be a real tag.  Or is it?
View Quote

That tag is on the front of one of our company trucks in DC. I saw thousands of them today.
Still can't believe it!
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 6:19:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe if the citizens of DC had ever made a reasonable decision, we'd let them have representation. Crack smoking former mayor is encouraged to run again??? No weapons without permission of DC police??? Too bad other cities like it aren't prohibited from voting.....
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#6]
When DC finally becomes a state their motto will be "The Crack State"

Which should not conflict with Detroit's motto "Crack City"
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#7]
klinton did push for this plate on account that if the district did get representation it would mean a gauranteed 2 senate seats for the democrats and i don't know how many in the house.  

don't be fooled these liberals don't care about taxation without representation, they only want some seats that are going to always be in the bag.  sloth
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, they are real.  Klinton had them done before he left the White House.  He had them installed on the NEW limo he never had a chance to ride in.  The limo was designed for President Bush.  I'm not sure if Bush had removed the tags or not.  

Washington DC is a FEDERAL CAPITAL and should NOT Be a state.  They are taxed and they do vote on their CITY issues.  They vote for Presidents etc.    

If they ever do squeeze statehood out, then I propose every city in the USA become a state.  I want my own state so I can make myself Governer.  Then I can own all the Class III weapons I want.    Do I get federal assistance and get a M1 tank for my National Guard?  [;)]

Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#9]
This is an attempt by the DC government to get a state status with of course Mr. Clinton blessing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top