Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2001 11:18:43 PM EDT
Well thanks for all that gave constructive critisms.

I will ditch the idea of 2 gun usage (except for fun) since so many folks thought it was a bad one.  

I think we all have to learn more about firearms and shooting, and I just proved that I do.

But keep in mind, we are all still learning, everyday, so let's keep an open mind, and also be accepting of others, even if we think they are stupid.

Hope you don't kick me out, for having a contrivertial thread!
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Controversy keeps thing interesting.

By the way, welcome, I think you'll like it here. I know I do.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:27:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry about it, you're always welcome in my book.

By the way, my wife also loves to shoot. Her favorite is my Russian Mosin-Nagant M44 WWII rifle.  I nick named it the mule because it kicks my a$$ everytime I shoot it!!  She thinks I'm a softy because to her it barely kicks at all..LOL.  She also is a better shoot with it than I am.

For Mother's Day last year I bought her a .38 snubbie revolver, this year I bought her ammo...she loved both gifts[:)]

sgtar15

PS Like my Father always said:  "The only stupid question is the one not asked"
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:34:05 PM EDT
[#3]
are you guys talking about the good old new york reload?  or is it the stereotypical john woo style?  I played with the two gun idea at the range (buddy of mine had the same p89 as me)  unless you are ambidextrious you won't be very good.  however if you can afford it, it pays to keep a back-up pistol on you, it's faster to draw a loaded gun than to change the clip, unless of course you are superman.
ash
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Come now people, the John Woo method may not suit everyone, but it will work for me.  I taught myself to be right or left eye dominant.  

I tried it with mine and a buddy's Kimber Classic once.  Just put left gun in left hand in front of left eye and the same for the right side.  The trick I learned was that you need a light, short trigger, which these guns have.  I kept two mags, 14 rounds, in about an 8" group at 7 yards.  This is beyond good for putting a bad guy down, especially w/a .45.  This is also great for showing off at the range, like the bump maneuver.

Now mind you, when you go into court to tell the nice people why you found it necessary to dump two mags into a bad guy with two guns no less, you may have a slight problem.

"Mr Hayes, why did you find it necessary to 14 rounds to incapacitate Mr. Bad Guy?"

"Uuuuuuuuhhhhh....after the first round hit and killed Mr. Bad Guy, I saw his body twitching on his way to the asphalt."

You get the point, but to complete the idea, the two gun method can be effective, you must practice and train to make it effective.  All the time, ammo, and practice though, would be better spent on learning to effectively deploy a single handgun.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
TAC-GIRL please don't judge all of us here by the actions of a few.mmk
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Now mind you, when you go into court to tell the nice people why you found it necessary to dump two mags into a bad guy with two guns no less, you may have a slight problem.

"Mr Hayes, why did you find it necessary to 14 rounds to incapacitate Mr. Bad Guy?"

"Uuuuuuuuhhhhh....after the first round hit and killed Mr. Bad Guy, I saw his body twitching on his way to the asphalt."

quote]

Very good point, noone mentioned that yet.
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 12:00:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't let certain people with an attitude problem bother you!!!  
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#8]
tac: you did nothing wrong. go girl!
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tac-Girl....TopCrust is a psychopath...don't listen to any of his ramblings… “…ask Mike Dillon if he’ll sell us an Mini-Gun receiver…”

[img]www.cavalryarms.com/topcrest.jpg[/img]
View Quote

LOL!

Dude, i'm gunna have to make it out to Arizona.

Y'all seem TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO kewl.

LOL!
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Is that USERY pass?
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Controversial" threads are OK.

Those who misspell words are summarily executed.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 5/15/2001 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Well mr. Topcrest should SHARE ....
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well thanks for all that gave constructive criticisims.
I will ditch the idea of 2 gun usage (except for fun) since so many folks thought it was a bad one.  

I think we all have to learn more about firearms and shooting, and I just proved that I do.
But keep in mind, we are all still learning, everyday, so let's keep an open mind, and also be accepting of others, even if we think they are stupid.

View Quote
Tacgirl..Using two guns at the same time is not a bad idea when there's multiple attackers but how often would you be using both guns on one attacker?Practice shooting two or more targets at the same time a distance apart. Point shooting at its best! Keeping a backup gun on you is also probably the smartest thing you can do.Ask any cop about his backup, some prefer autos, others revolvers, and others bring knives to gunfights. But the premise is the same, you should have a (redundant) backup for your main, and possibly a backup for your backup as well!Most officers keep the ammo the same between the two(or three!)so if needed, reloads are a piece of cake. Some even use the same mags, Glocks for example. And remember, Murphy doesnt discriminate, if it can go wrong it will so be prepared and train for the inevitable. Stay chilly Tac-Girl. Every day is a learning experience. And thats why we're all here.To learn from each other.
                            Synweap223
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#19]
TAC-GIRL, Welcome to the boards...don't let the actions of a few ruin your impressions of the whole.  As a rule, this is a great site....I have learned much about AR's and guns in general. Hang around......Mike
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Tac-Girl, Don't be sorry about your post.  Who gives a crap what "they" think.  If you have a topic which interests you, post it.  What did that French queen say? "Let them eat crap", or something like that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:33:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well thanks for all that gave constructive critisms.

View Quote

Umm....no I think I know everthing and of coarse I have never done anything stupid with a
gun........unless you count the time I shot my parents TV with my 10/22 while messing with it in the living room when I was a kid [:D]

welcome to the site tac-girl!!!!!!

And thank you Ed Avila for giving us such great site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Like I said before, welcome, TAC-GIRL!  Most of the members of this board are great and willing to help with advice.  I could see your intelligence shine through in your posts.  It takes a strong gal to survive such a "flame-fest" on a male-dominated board.  Nobody should be flamed with the intensity and name-calling that you've gotten the other night.  You were asking for feedback and was curious.  Curiosity is part of the learning experience.

As long as you are not an employee of an agency just here to gather info.on us for a database, it would be a pleasure to have you here.  As far as proving you really are a female with pics and such, that really is your own perogative and is not stated as a requirement in the board policy.  It would be nice if we had proof though that you really are a woman,(we could use more women on our side!) but it really is your choice according to the fine print.  

I'm sure some members don't believe all the details about me either.  And frankly I don't really have any incentive to prove anything to anyone who is not standing physically in front of me and I don't know their background. I would rather keep most of my privacy on any public forum anyway.  

Not every member lists their email address on this board for possibly a variety of reasons.  In your case I believe you stated you don't because you are female.  Sounds like a good reason to me!  Too many of us single hound dogs around.  I for one do not list my email address because it is key to putting control in my own life.  The only ones who have access to my email are the mods and Ed.  And that particular email address is strictly for use with AR15.com concerns.  My personal/business email addresses are reserved for university professors/clients/close friends/attorneys/business associates/staff.  There are only 24 hours in a day and I use the time efficiently as much as possible.  And with my recent interests in extreme sports with my college buddies, that will tighten my time even more.  

BTW, I can't help but wonder how many people had a secret desire to shoot with two guns, but you were probably the only one who posted this topic.  Movies do sometimes influence us!   [;)]

-RoadDog
(Carpe Diem!)
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 8:05:36 AM EDT
[#25]
The post that Tac gal found and reposted of Hangfire had to be one of the most hilarious things I have seen in a long time here!!  I laughed my ass off till tears came out (my eyes that is).  Let me re-share it with you:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Oh I get it. The name of the game is DO AS I
SAY AND NOT DO AS I DO! A set of rules for the
in group and a more restrictive set of rules
for the rest of us. I've read every post on the
old board. I know the post history of you
elitist prigs. I watched and I learned! I
wish the old board was up so I could drag you
self rightous, hypocritical,little bitches through your own shit. I watched how you treated
new posters, jumping on them like a pack of
yellow dogs. I watched you back channeling
cowards gang up on posters that did not agree
with the GODS of AR15.com., or did'nt show
proper respect. I watched you and your ilk
slam "newbies"; now isn't that a perjorative
term; for misspelled words,improper 'netiquette', improper subject matter,
and a myrid of very small an inconsequential
offences like posting in color. Colored text
bad-animation good. You cry to the Administrators "he's off topic," and then your
next post is some crack fable or some hissy fit
over something someone said.
You started the pissin contest and when you
start getting wet you want to change the rules.
Well tough shit pal, you are reapin what you
sowed, so my advice to you is "HEY YOU GET OFF
MY CLOUD" I'AM YOUR CREATION! I'AM MADE IN YOUR
IMAGE! "BEHOLD WHAT YOU HAVE CREATED" "DO YOU
NOT LOVE ME"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it says it all doesnt it?  

Welcome aboard Tac-gal

Link Posted: 5/16/2001 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Whatcha got skewered there, a giant marshmello?

Dude, get a haircut. [;)]
View Quote

That was Fluffy![:D]
Oh no Mr. Bill...Fluffy got to close to the B-B-Q skewer!
good luck getting all that fur off the meat.
Lynn
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Good that you have realized that such a technique is not only impractical but also totally absurd.

When I made the comment about you being a "female Rambo wannabe", I made such statement tongue in cheek!

No offense intended and I hope you took none. Anyway, welcome to the board and I hope that you will not make a general statement of the members here based on the rhetoric of a few.

Link Posted: 5/16/2001 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the support!

I was thinking of jetting out of here, but that would be the weak way out.  It's good to see some great people on this board, and only a few jerks.

I'll try not to ask TOO many stupid questions in the future...[;)]

Link Posted: 5/16/2001 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good that you have realized that such a technique is not only impractical but also totally absurd.

When I made the comment about you being a "female Rambo wannabe", I made such statement tongue in cheek!

No offense intended and I hope you took none. Anyway, welcome to the board and I hope that you will not make a general statement of the members here based on the rhetoric of a few.

View Quote

Riddler, I wasn't offended by your comments, I thought it was very funny actually.

Only one guy's comments actually offended me, I'm not too easily offended.  I'm a tough cookie.

BTW I did shoot pretty well 2 gun, and it was a lot of fun.  Oh well, I'll save it for entertainment, maybe I'll get really good, and I can tour the country.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Riddler, I wasn't offended by your comments, I thought it was very funny actually.
Only one guy's comments actually offended me, I'm not too easily offended.  I'm a tough cookie.
BTW I did shoot pretty well 2 gun, and it was a lot of fun.  Oh well, I'll save it for entertainment, maybe I'll get really good, and I can tour the country.[:D]
View Quote

ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey!  Good to see you're still around!  There are certainly some quick-to-provoke sharks around here, but overall it's a nice place.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey!  Good to see you're still around!  There are certainly some quick-to-provoke sharks around here, but overall it's a nice place.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah, stick around TAC-GIRL, in our profession we need more armed females...
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Tac-Girl,
    No need to apologize.  The only stupid questions are the ones that are not asked.  Better you should ask about 2-weapon style on here rather than not ask and try to use it in a situation when your life or someone else's is in danger.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#35]
I didnt see the original thread. But 2 gun shooting at the same time  is not a good idea, so much more control is given to one gun if only one is used.
In the IPSC world there is freestyle hold(2hands), strong hand and weak hand. The time difference in all three are huge.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yeah, stick around TAC-GIRL, in our profession we need more armed females...
View Quote

Where do you 'work' if you can tell me.

I'm doing bank and armored car work now, but I've done just about everything in the past.

BTW I start the academy in the summer, so the real fun will begin.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#37]
2 gun style is too much like movie fiction.  unless if you carry two .22's then it's really controllable.  anything over 9mm probably you'd be shooting pretty wild.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top