Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2001 7:00:01 PM EDT
But don't rant at them, tell them you're ordering a .50 cal rifle because it's in danger of being outlawed!  Here's their email:

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Post what you sent them. Please.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank YOU.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes the pen is more powerful than the sword...

Let's do it...!

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I wont write, I am gonna tellyou what I am gonna do...

My gun store opens at 10 Am tommorrow.....

Take ONE GUESS what I AM gonna go buy.....

After 12 minutes of this crap , I am so pissed I can scream.....

The Kommunist Manifesto....
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:35:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I basically said thanks for your piece.  I was never really interested in 50 cals until you ran your piece and showed how there is legislation being drafted to outlaw them.  I'm going out to buy one as soon as possible while they're legal.  Yours,

Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#7]
"Dear Sirs,
I want to take a moment to thank you for airing that very enlightening short piece on the .50 caliber “cannon”. Judging by what you said in your report I assume that the government will shortly be taking up the cry to ban this “killer bullet”. I was so horrified to find out about the destructive nature of these guns, (why would anyone in a proper state of mind even consider firing one of these things, golly gee give me skydiving and snowboarding any day of the week.). I feel much better knowing that these gangsters and low lives who live in our inner cities will have to turn in their illegal .50 caliber “cannons” and other such weapons soon. All this firepower they are amassing scares my wife and I, and we seldom travel into metropolitan areas anymore for fear of all these snipers running amuck. If only our local laws allowed us to carry guns like the police do we might not feel the need to cower in our home rather than enjoy an evening out. Now though, knowing that even brick walls will not protect us from these monsters out for no good we must take further measures to impregnate ourselves behind multiple layers of reinforced concrete and high tech digital wireless security systems. Thank you again for bringing this horrible situation to our attention.
Sincerely,
Nick and Maria
Concerned citizens for the morals and ethics of our neighbors."
Is this ranting? I just couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#8]
My letter:

Thank you for bringing the power and beauty of the .50 caliber bmg to my attention with your piece on the .50 caliber militias. I will be ordering one just as soon as I can sell my less powerful .308 sniper rifle. I mean, I can barely hit a 12" circle at 1000 yards with that wimpy thing, so the .50 seems to be just the ticket.

And thank you for supplying those deliciously tyranical quotes by Rep. Waxman. They will go nicely on my pro-gun website, and make even better posters for use at pro-gun rallies.

keep up the good work!

Edited: By the way, I'm not really going to sell the .308, I just bought the damned thing and haven't even picked it up yet. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 7:53:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#10]
You think 'THEY' had me??? NOT without CNN coverage.....

Waxman is a blathering idiot. I was amazed at his statements...

I dont think everyone has teh right to a weapon that is used to kill
View Quote

is that steak knives inclusive????

of .50 owners
so fearful to protect their rights, we dont want them to have them.
View Quote

its a circle nimrod, you dont want me too, so I cant, hence I need to, you dont want me to.

I am startin to get pissed at the CA people in here. How the piss did you guys let your liberals get THIS whacked out? Does this guy NOT know the history of the Jews in Germany? NOT know who Pol Pot was? Idi Amin? What friggin planet is this assborn moron from?

I know I am preaching to the choir, BUT I HAD TO RANT! Kommieslime gets my dander EVERYTIME...

FWIW, they kept mentioning OK City and Ron geting shot. I thought it was a bomb and a .22. I had NO KLUE it was a .50.

Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Dear MSNBC, thanks for running the piece on the 50 cal guns.  Although I think you did give the appearance that you were "trying" to be objective, I think that the constant reference to militias (a very small group out of the large group of gun owners in this country) made it very clear about your positions on gun control, specifically your desire for more of it.  

This piece has also made me think very hard about acquiring one of these rifles in the near future as they might soon be banned from production.  This in many ways is much like the call for "assault weapon" legislation (which like most of the 1993/1994 gun grabs has been proven not to have an effect on criminals, just law abiding gun owners).

Thanks for the inspiration to finally get out and buy a . 50!

Sincerely,
Sean from Texarkana TX

Remember, gun control is not about guns, its about CONTROL.
--------------------------------------
Thanks for the heads up!

And yes, I did copy some of yall's more articulate references.
-------------------------------------
AND YOU LURKERS READING THESE POSTS BETTER BE EMAILING THEM!!!!!  [spank]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#12]
If I had the money, I'd buy one tomorrow!! Too bad they are so expensive. I'm sure it would be worth it though! [:)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:42:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Why do these militia whack jobs give interviews to these guys ? Alls they manage to do is come off as total idiots on cue when the camera is on them. Have they ever heard of editing in MI ????? It totally blows that the antis are using these jerks as an excuse to ban guns.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 8:48:32 PM EDT
[#14]
My email:

I am writing to express my disgust and outrage at your recent piece regarding private ownership of .50 BMG target rifles. Nice hatchet job on a small community of law-abiding collectors and afficionados of the .50 BMG. At over $4000 for a rifle, and $2 per round, how many Compton gangsters are buying these to commit drive-bys? How many stick-up men are using them to waylay banks? If you concerned yourselves enough to do some real investigating, you would have learned that these weapons pose no threat to anyone and are have only very rarely been used by criminals. I guess that does not jive with your politics, so you choose to sensationalize and slander a small group of hobbyists, rather than report the truth in a balanced piece.

This is the kind of BS that will never let you guys match Fox's success. Too bad.

Owen Loftus
Cumming, GA.
View Quote

Best I could do this tired and liquored up. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Dear Sirs,

As you have already, I am sure, noticed you succeeded in ruffling a few feathers with you latest Anti-Gun message titled the .50 caliber malitia.  Unlike those who are writing you saying they will be headed out to buy one, I am not of the financial means to do so and thus I must use my own methods to voice my displeasure.  I am telling everyone I can about the biased nature of your reporting and your desire to see to it that all gun owners are classified as dangerous.  I also intend to give NRA memberships to my relatives as gifts to insure that I am passing along the message that you "The Media" do not care who died in order for you to freely express your 1st Amendment rights.  What amuses me most is that you find it okay to use your 1st Amendment rights to try and take away my 2nd Amendment rights.  God forbid I should have the legal means to protect my family against an attack by a criminal who I am sure would have registered that stolen weapon of his, had he seem your show.  At least I can feel safe knowing that you are trying to make certain that those nasty gang bangers can’t commit a “drive by” with that monster of a gun the .50 caliber.
Sincerely,
David from California
View Quote

There's my .04¢ worth
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#16]
My letter [:D]

Dear Investigator,
Just wanted to let you know that after your hatchet job on .50 Caliber rifle shooters on Monday night, I am researching the purchace of my next gun. It will be....you guessed it, a .50 Caliber rifle in some configuration. I'm thinking maybe a Barrett M82A1 Semi Automatic. And by the way, what exactly is a "sniper culture"? If I target shoot off a bench rest at a 300 yard target am I a member? I hope so. I don't think a single crime has ever been committed with one of these rifles. I could be wrong, but if there has been it is not more than a handful or less. So nobody but a sniveling politician would have any interest in banning them or registering them. If no crimes are committed with them, what are they afraid of? Hmmmm..
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Well my e-mail is gone.

I tried to be nice, but damn I simply had to equate their style of journalism to the national enquirer. I did make reference to the fact that I would soon be owning one of those beauties.

Oh, an although I was furious with them equating McVeigh as a leader, I was nice in my reference to those who slither in the hall of congress and the white house.

I also suggested that they should take some courses in American History, and perhaps read the Constitution as well as other documents written by the founding fathers.

Probably for naught, since they are of the dark side, and their masters are pulling their chains.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's my rant to the "Transvestigator"---

Thank you for providing a means to respond to your articles.
Please, allow me to be blunt:  your blatant ignorance and bigotry make
me puke!
It's obvious that your staff and the "politicians" you've quoted don't
know much about Firearms.
It's equally obvious that you have no problem in bashing the lawful
American gunowner and the National Rifle Association.

Your practice of hit and miss journalism is one reason this country has
problems.  Perhaps "MEDIA CONTROL" should become the American battlecry
in the near future.  Try a little Truth mixed with Fact, and add a dash
of Balance.  MSNBC's articles have that typical leftist lackey ring to
them.
Get a gun, get some lessons, and get a Life.  You'll be better Americans
for it.
Maybe then, you'll understand the Second Amendment and why it protects
your right to exercise the First.

Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#19]
E-mailed MSNBC, told them what I think about there objective journalism story.Tried not to come off as ranting at them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Transcript for those that missed it:

http://msnbc.com/news/568339.asp
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#21]

[url]http://msnbc.com/news/568339.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Typical Anti-Gun media.  Let em know what you think.

[-!-!-]
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Sent an e-mail. I think I got my point across without sounding like an illiterate, drunken redneck.

Boy, the computer works wonders, don't it?
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Ya know...
Funny thing is...

I never had any interest in a gun chambered in .50 BMG...

UNTIL NOW !!!

750 grains ???
2000 yards ???
shoots through buildings ???
Splits VW sized rocks ???
Takes down helicopters ???

THAT IS AWESOME MAN !!!

I've got to get one !!!

I understand somebody makes an AR upper in .50 BMG ???
IS THIS TRUE ???

I saw a guy shoulder firing one of these .50 BMG's on the video clip...
Was it really a .50 ???
I thought something that big would knock a man on his ass...

DAMN THOSE TV REPORTERS...
NOW I WANT ONE OF THESE GUNS !!!

If the media only knew how badly thier anti-gun reports backfire on them...

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!
All it does is sell more guns...[:)]
Nothing more than...
"Free advertisement for the .50 BMG"
Link Posted: 5/15/2001 12:55:31 AM EDT
[#25]
dragracerart,

Try www.watsonsweapons.com for .50 BMG uppers.

Link Posted: 5/15/2001 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#26]
btt
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone gotten a reply from MSNBC?  Or are they just forwarding the e-mails to the Secret Service?
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:09:55 PM EDT
[#28]
done
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My email:

I am writing to express my disgust and outrage at your recent piece -----------------------I guess that does not jive with your politics, so you choose to sensationalize and slander a small group of hobbyists, rather than report the truth in a balanced piece.

This is the kind of BS that will never let you guys match Fox's success. Too bad.

Owen Loftus
Cumming, GA.
View Quote

Best I could do this tired and liquored up. [:D]
View Quote

Way to go, Joe! Have uh'nother drink. [8D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#30]
lol , let me tell you guys,

im a resident of michigan the guys they interviewed are the brain trust of the current of citizen soldiers.

i admire their principals but you never saw such a laughable group of people.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Dear MSNBC-

Thank you very much for your piece on 50 BMGCal. Sniper rifles.
I throughly agree that such devices should be outlawed, and I was glad to see that you were able to present such common sense to the American public in an unbiased fashion.
Once again, thanks for such an outstanding piece,

Sincerely,
McLear Dumarlier
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Post what you sent them. Please.
View Quote

OK, here's mine:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I'm sorry I wasn't able to see this piece when it originally broadcast.  I believe in my time zone it was up against "The O'Reilly Factor".  I did, however, read the transcript available on your web site.  I have more than a few issues with the accuracy of the piece, but it was obvious that accuracy wasn't what you were after.  I must keep in mind that it is May, and this is Sweeps Week.  Therefore the "news" organizations must produce the most hysteria-inducing bits they can in order to boost their ratings.

Well, this piece must have seemed perfect.  As gun-control fervor has apparently died (the truly dismal turnout at the Million Moms Mother's Day rallies attests to that) and it IS high on the agenda of the media (who, of course, know better than the great unwashed public what is best for them), a lurid piece on "a weapon that can’t be traced, pierces armor and is capable of destroying tanks and helicopters at a range of nearly one and a half miles" must have been irresistible.

Who cares if it's largely bovine excrement?  It's sensational!

Take, for example the comment above:  "capable of destroying tanks"??

Excuse me?  Then why do we spend so much on anti-tank missiles if one man with a .50 caliber rifle can destroy a tank from a mile-and-a-half away?

Mr. Waxman's objection to the fact that a .50 caliber rifle can defeat an armored limousine is particularly enlightening, since that seems to be his preferred mode of transportation.  Perhaps if he were not so intent on the complete disarmament of the American public (in direct opposition to the oath he swore to uphold the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic), he wouldn't need to fear the possibility of someone using such a weapon on him.  (Perhaps someone should tell him that any .30-caliber Magnum round is capable of penetrating most armored glass - these are often used as elk rifles.  Maybe he'll sleep better.)

(end part 1)
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#33]
(part 2)

Perhaps you should direct your "investigative journalists" (and I use the term loosely) at the circumstances under which Jerry Michel was raided.  He didn't have a Pawn license - that's a minor licensing infraction.  He was a Federally licensed firearms dealer, and had a city business license.  Why didn't the city government simply contact him and advise him that he needed the additional license?  Didn't they need the revenue?  Why, instead, did a FEDERAL bureau, a bureau tasked with FEDERAL TAX COLLECTION instead raid his place of business and wreck it?  Why is this abuse of government power not suitable fodder for an "investigative report"?  Would you condone federal confiscation of your automobile because you failed to renew your license tags in honest error?

I could go on, but I understand that this is an exercise in futility.  I just wanted you to understand, the reason for the "militia problem" that you want to frighten the ignorant with is exactly the kind of legislation your propaganda piece touts, and the slanted coverage with which you tout it.  After nearly 70 years of boil-the-frog legislative maneuvering - "common sense gun control" that does nothing to make the citizens safer - more people are finally realizing that the end being pursued is total disarmament of the American people.  Some of those who realize it are radical.  You found a few and put them on TV.  

Congratulations.  I think that this report, much like former President Clinton's gun-control legislation efforts, is a more effective recruiting device than it is a gun-control piece.
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Isn't anybody else P.O.'d about this piece of "journalism"?
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#35]
here's what i sent!

I've missed out on the TV version but I had read the online version. i am here to tell you it was done in poor taste. well there are a lot of honest shooter's out there the uses 50 cal weapons for sport. you do not read or here about 50's being used in crimes. 50 cal weapon is about a 30lb weapon that uses a WWI anti tank cartridge but remember back then how the armour was only 4" thick most of today's armour can withstand this type of hit. well my idea with this misinformation is that your intentions is the BAN OF ALL GUNS period. I personally thought we settled this over 200 years ago with the british but i guess that there are forces in this world today has the intention of totally disarming everyone. well do you honestly think we will give up our guns well lets just wait and see. has for my views this is poor journalism twisting word and phrases to make all gun people look like killer's and murder's. i do agree that a
convicted felon should not have guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top