Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2001 2:43:54 PM EDT
The anti's are wrong again. Was at the gym today (yeah, I know [:D]) and saw a piece on CNN about dubya's speech saying that we need to enforce the law we already have on the books, not make new ones. That got a pretty good "whoo-hoo" from most folks there as we all have fairly similar views. Then the reporter said a gun "safety" group, which I am smart enough to read between the lines, critisized Bush for what he was doing and "pushed for background checks at gunshows".

???????????????????????????

Excuse me, but there ALREADY ARE background checks at gunshows. An FFL is still an FFL whether in his shop or on the road. As far as private sales, those are protected under federal law. You cannot expect average joe citizen to utilize the NICS. Since they are not engaged in the business of selling guns, how would they regulate this?

Silly anti-gunners, fighting for something they [i]already[/i] have and something they [i]can't[/i] have.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, they know what they have.  They just want to end private transfers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I know. I just hate the manipulative way they do it. Some of the things they try to pull off are just downright hateful. And I [u]hate[/u] people who are hateful. [:P]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Anti Gunners make me [puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top