Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2001 4:37:25 PM EDT
Has anyone delt with ohio rapidfire guns? The A4 prices to be very resonable. That is why I wonder on the quality of these weapons. Also is afull auto m11 or 10 worth the invesment?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
levi, you dog! you just struck gold with this one!

ok, ok, here's why, i have both. see 'em at
[url]www.geocities.com/coltm1991a1[/url]

now, my 1919a4 (now an A6) is a lot of fun. the quality is good, not great, i said "good". i bought two at the same time, and i've had minor problems with both. no, big deal, "Todd" at rapid fire is good on his word. if he says he will replace / guarentee someting, he will. have already had experience with that.

i love my 1919 and wouldn't take twice what i give for it. the semi auto .308 is a lot of fun to shoot. best yet, you are just getting started with it. just like the AR-15, the 1919 has a lot of accesories. tri-pods, linkers, belt loaders, tracer ammo, pedestal mounts, scopes or iron sights, an a6 or an a4. buy two and make a "twin set" on a anti aircraft pedestal (this project is on my drawing table). man the options are almost limitless!

the mac-10 in .45ACP is what i have. it's a "powder springs" gun. it's supposed to be the more desired of the Mac family. (don't know why Powder Springs is more desireable than a "Marietta, GA" gun, etc.)
anyway, if you are looking at getting into the NFA, or commonly called "class 3" hobby, the mac is the way to go. it's simply the most affordable on the market (priced a colt M-16 lately?)
mags are cheap for the .45acp mac, they use "grease gun" mags. if you own a reloader (i reccomend for a .45acp) then you are set bud!
sure the 9mm macs are fun, and cheaper on ammo, but i shoot .45acp pistols a lot.
the mac's are cheap, parts are out there and they are fun to shoot.
if you got the bucks, buy them, you won't regret it.
any questions, send me an email.
take care.
colt.

and for those who think the mac is a cheap toy, well, not all of us can afford an $8000 MP5.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw an ad for one in SGN.  Who makes the best one?  There are a lot of builders like ARs.  Who has the best quality? Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard that in a couple of states, you couldn't legally link more than 10 rounds together.  Any truth to this?  

I have been eyeballing the Ohio Rapidfire 1919's, but can't come up with a practical purpose for it at this point.  If it were a .50 at that price, I would be more inclined to go for it.  Besides, that would be a bitch to get in and out of the safe.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top