Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2001 9:46:21 PM EDT
Pro-gun Moms not Letting Million Moms Dominate Debate

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,24611,00.html[/url]

Saturday, May 12, 2001

DAYTON, Ohio — The Second Amendment Sisters, a group of pro-gun activists that includes many mothers, will rally on Mother's Day in opposition to tighter gun control laws.

The group isn't a bunch of "camo-wearing, gun-toting, tobacco-chewing women" as some perceive them to be, said Diana Bucholtz, SAS's co-coordinator in Ohio.

"We're just people," she said. "We are lawyers, doctors, teachers. ... We're just real women who feel we have to fight for the Second Amendment."

Like many members of the Million Mom March -- a national organization that favors more gun control -- members of SAS are loving mothers, Bucholtz said.

"The Million Mom (women) don't speak for all women," she said. "Not all women want gun control. We can't let our voice not be heard."

Bucholtz, the mother of two adult children and grandmother of one, said a shotgun saved her life more than 10 years ago when a man tried to break into her house.

"I pointed the gun at the door," she said. "I hollered, 'I have a gun, and I will shoot.' "

The intruder left, she said.

SAS and Million Mom March chapters will hold dueling Mother's Day rallies in Columbus on Sunday, as well as in 18 other states including California, Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

Million Mom March chapters will rally in 33 state capitals.

Bucholtz said there are already strong gun laws on the books throughout the nation.

"What are women supposed to do?" she said. "There are women out there who've been stalked. There are women out there who have been attacked. It takes two seconds for someone to pull the trigger. It takes up to fifteen minutes for the police to get to some places."

Link Posted: 5/12/2001 9:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I know that Utah is going head to head with the bitches that will be marching for gun control at the state capitol. I wish them well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top