Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2001 4:47:56 PM EDT
I have an M&A 16 inch flattop HBAR kit on a Bushmaster lower and a Rock River Arms tactical carry handle with A2 sights. When shooting at different distances, 50, 100, 200 and 300 meters my groups all look the same. centered on the target horizontally but scattered vertically across the target. At 50 meters the groups form a single vertical line about 4 inches long in the middle of the target, at 100 meters it looks about the same except about 6-8 inches long, 200 meters is the same but about a foot long vertical spread. At 300 meters I am lucky to hit the target, however the rounds that do hit are normally centered but scattered up and down the target. I am thinking it is either the hammer spring is way too strong and causing movement upon release or I am making some kind of mistake in my manipulation of the trigger. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#3]
prone unsupported
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I tried several times shooting over the cab of my truck while sitting on the side of the bed using a balled up blanket for support. does the same thing.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 5:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I thought of that too Garand Shooter . The reason I asked what position he was using is because I experienced the same thing when shooting off a bench with the mag resting on the bench. Nice group as far as horizontal goes. Vertically....in a perfect line. The mag bounces on a hard surface from recoil.
View Quote

This is what happens when You rest on the Mag, Get a bipod or a blanket/Mat (As was suggested) and Try it again. Keep it off the mag while shooting, otherwise it's like "Teacupping" while shooting a pistol.

Good shooting!,
Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree that it is your breating...  shoot on the natural pause after you exhale naturally.  dont blow the air out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top