Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2001 4:11:56 PM EDT
Having never been in the military I have never needed to have an ALICE pack, however, I am now taking additional training so I have to carry one with medical supplies in. (Tactical Medic)

We are not using the frames since we are wearing body armor.  My question is where do you put the straps?  The top ones appear to loop into the rings at the top, but where should I put the bottom ones.

Any input from military current/former or even ROTC types would help.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 4:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Never used mine without the frame, but if I remember correctly there are a couple of loops/straps on the bottom used to attach a stuff bag, sleeping bag, etc.  I'm sure someone can give you a better answer, but if not I'll pull mine out of the attic and look.

Eddie
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats what i was guessing, but when I go to my training I didnt wnat to look like an idiot.  Thanks
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 3:47:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree that BlackHawk has the best stuff for carrying medical supplies, however, I can't part with $150.00 right now, and my agency is the king of military surplus.  I got the ALICE pack (new) from my department for free.  Funny thing is it didnt have any straps, so I had to get them from the Army/Navy store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top