Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2001 11:18:14 AM EDT
I just bought mt first preban dpms about a week ago from a guy on the board. He said it shot great. The guns looks great. I fire the second round and the shell dosn't extract. It broke the lip off the casing and had nothing to grab onto to pull it out. The third shot it jammed the bullet into the ramp (i think)and pushed the bullet all the way into the casing. This kept happening. It also jammed another round in behind a shell that didn't get extracted. Should I track this guy down and ask for my money back? What can I do to fix my problem. I'm pretty sure this guy sold me the $1500 pile of junk knowing that the gun had problems...Thanks
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow! track that guy down. What kind of AR is it?
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#2]
dpms preban. He said he put a "heavy" extracter so it would shoot great with all types of ammo.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#3]
What kind of ammo were you using?
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#4]
south african battle packs.
Shoots great in all my others..
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not an expert by any means but I would say his wonder extractor is probably causing the problem. You may just swap the bolt carrier from another AR and give it a try.

It would be worth it just to see if that's the problem....
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 11:30:11 AM EDT
[#6]
The bolt and carrier look brand new. They are coated with some type of silver coating.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#8]
WTS preban DPMS..
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 12:22:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just bought mt first preban dpms about a week ago from a guy on the board. He said it shot great. The guns looks great. I fire the second round and the shell dosn't extract. It broke the lip off the casing and had nothing to grab onto to pull it out. The third shot it jammed the bullet into the ramp (i think)and pushed the bullet all the way into the casing. This kept happening. It also jammed another round in behind a shell that didn't get extracted. Should I track this guy down and ask for my money back? What can I do to fix my problem. I'm pretty sure this guy sold me the $1500 pile of junk knowing that the gun had problems...Thanks
View Quote

My Bushmaster did stuff like that with one particular magazine. It did it today in fact. 3 shots, three different jams. Changed mags and problem solved.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I was using the plastic Iseral Army mags. I tried three different ones. Here is what he said he had done to the gun--------NO SEAR BLOCK, USES STANDARD MILITARY TRIGGER/HAMMER PINS, INCLUDES MILITARY BAYONET WITH SHEATH, AND 12x MULTIPLIER "D" RING TO INCREASE EXTRACTION STRENTH AND RELIABILITY WITH ANY KIND OF AMMO IN ANY SITUATION, (MOUNTS AROUND THE EXTRACTOR SPRING/PLUNGER ASSEMBLY).
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Oubeta, You didn't buy this from a fella by the name of I think it was Bill Wallace did you? You bad, bad anti feline fella. Just being a smart ass and reminding you of your past. Have a great day.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#12]
"I was using the plastic Iseral Army mags."

I think that is your problem.  I bought some of those mags and it never functioned in my Bushmaster.  USGI mags are the only ones I will buy now.

If all else fails don't sell the gun(its a pre-ban), just buy a new upper.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Try another bolt, with a standard extractor.  Those Israeli Orlite mags are iffy, try a USGI or a Thermold, and see what happens.  IMHO, DPMS is definitely a second line manufacturer.  There are worse, but there are better.  If all else fails keep the lower, and put a Bushy top end on it.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll buy it... but I sure as hell aint paying no where near $1,500 for it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 6:11:12 AM EDT
[#15]
What is this gun worth? How do I post a pic of it?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Like a post above. Just put another upper on it and either figure out the problem with the "old" upper or pitch it. BM uppers are good and everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 10:52:29 AM EDT
[#17]
AND 12x MULTIPLIER "D" RING TO INCREASE EXTRACTION STRENTH AND RELIABILITY WITH ANY KIND OF AMMO IN ANY SITUATION, (MOUNTS AROUND THE EXTRACTOR SPRING/PLUNGER ASSEMBLY).

Can someone tell me what exactly this is?
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#18]
It's just a bunch of made up bullshit to pump up his $900.00 preban DPMS (if that) to sell for $1500.

You might want to call DPMS and ask WTF.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Ditch the aftermarket extractor and spring to begin with.  Stuff like that can screw up ANY gun!!!!  Next thing to do is use a excellent condition USGI mag or a U.S. Thermold when testing.  And last try and identify the upper, uppers and barrels are swapped around all the time OR the gun could be a kit gun you can't just say it's DPMS to blame yet.  

Value for a pre-ban DPMS is $900 unless it had a fancy upper or a good list of accessories.
Link Posted: 5/13/2001 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#20]
DPMS rocks,from what I've seen,they make good products.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top