Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2001 9:05:57 PM EDT
I'm looking at purchasing a 16" Flat top AR.
The two that caught my eye was the DPMS Panther Bull Sweet Sixteen and the Bushmaster XM15 E2S Carbine.  Are there any other flat top ARs I'm overlooking?  Also, are there any good online dealers I could contact?  I really don't want to sit around trying to outbid someone in an online auction.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
ArmaLite AR15A4(T) carbine.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 10:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]www.youngsguns.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 2:42:37 AM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/announcement.html?id=16#lastPost[/url]
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 5:00:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I would say it depends on what you want to do with it...  

For myself, I would get the Bushmaster if you want a lite, easy to carry gun that you can blast the heck out of.  Bushmaster has a great barrel and I would highly recommend it.

In the same breath, if your looking for the bull barrel look and a little more accuracy, I would suggest the DPMS bull barrel.  I have a 24" from them and it shoots so good it is scary!!!  But these barrels aren't really made to be heated up under rapid fire.

I own both of these company's uppers and recommend them both, it just depends on what you want to do with them...

One more side note, when people pick up my bull barrel, the first thing that comes out of their mouth is..."boy thats heavy!"  On the other hand, before the lift, they say, "that is one cool looking rifle!"

Good luck,

fuatos
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I target shoot with M1 Garand & M1A rifles.

Weight really isn't an issue, provided it doesn't weigh more than 16lbs.  As for rapid fire, I don't plan to install a "Hellfire" on the trigger.

I checked out the armalite; just a little out of my price range.  Very nice rifle though.

Link Posted: 5/12/2001 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Between me (2), my gay brother Marcel (4), and my dad (5), we own a buncha AR's.

Bushy's, Colt's, Oly's, Arma's, and 1 DPMS.

And y know what?

We all agree that if we could only take "1", it would be the Sweet Sixteen.

DPMS makes an U_N_R_E_A_L product for the $$$.
When Shawn get's me my CAV lower, I am dropping a DPMS 16" flat-top on it.
I could choose any company out there, but I am DEFINITLEY going DPMS.

McUZI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top