Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2001 3:44:51 PM EDT
I was in a local gun shop today (Houston) and there was some kid (probably 20-25) looking at an AR10.  The guy behind the counter, probably not much older than the kid had a pretty cocky attitude and was rambling on about blaa, blaa.  The kid asks what size mags the gun comes with and the guy behind the counter says 2 10 round.  This is where it gets good.  He then proceeds to tell him that 20 rounders are available and he could sell him one for [:X*] $150!!!  and them tells him that he could buy an M14 mag for $60 and send it to Armalite along with $100 to have one converted.
Where do these guys get there information???!!!???
After the kid left, I asked him about that price agian.  Then filled him on a little information that Armalite would convert 5 for $100.  He seemed really suprised that they had " lowered their pirce ".
God help the ignorant people.

CH
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
just yesterday I saw a [b]USA MAG[/b] in a store for $45!! I feel sorry for the poor sap who will spend $45 on a paper weight
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I was in a gunshop here that had a big barrel full of M-1 garand clips in good shape.  Each one was individually priced at $2.50 each!  I looked a bit closer to see if there was gold hiding somewhere under the finish.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Please send all ingnorant people to me. I will help them see the light!!! There is a local shop in town like the ones you all talk about. You should hear the stuff people say when they see my prices and realize they have been f#@ked by the guy up the street. I feel sorry for them. Some Assholes get a FFL and think they have a monopoly on the gun business.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Sportsmans Supply--Do you have a website? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 4:36:06 PM EDT
[#5]
heh kinda like how alomost everything is "preban" if it was made pre 94 even if it wanst a gun covered by the bill and "oh yeah i got a preban revolver"
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually in Massachusetts a pre-ban revolver (or any handgun) would be one made before October 1998.  

OSA
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I was in the store I work at part time the other day. One of the girls was showing me the newest catalog with all the sporting goods in it. She said it even "had Colt's in it. I thought Mark said Colt stopped making guns for the public."

I told her the (one-eyed wonder) weasel was just telling people that so he could rape anyone when a Colt does come in. And she should know better than to believe him.

We call him o.e.w.w. because his is blind in one eye and damn near can't see out of the other. And he is a little prick, too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
There are a couple of shops around here that are so far out there the prices aren't just high, they are in the stratosphere.  I have no idea how they even stay in business.  I guess if you really screw people you only have to do one or two a day to make a decent living.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I almost forgot this part.  I have been looking at the Springfield Armory 45's.  They did not have the one I am interested in, so just for grins, I asked if they could get it and how much.  Guess what,  $50 MORE that the MSRP listed on Springfield's web page.  Who pays MSRP anyways much less more.

CH
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 2:59:49 AM EDT
[#10]
The worst place (as far a prices) I have seen lately was a store that is supposed to be mainly for LEOs. I guess the "police discount" comes off those jacked up prices. The place is good for grins though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 3:35:15 AM EDT
[#11]
AR's are hard to find locally. Went up the road a couple of towns and looked at a new Bushy with a 20 inch barrel. $899 + tax. A bit more than I wanted to pay. On the way home I hit the local guy. Sign out front says " Under New Management. Clearance Sale to make room for new merchandise". On the wall hung a Bushy shorty with ak brake, delta style cheekpiece and cheesey scope for the low,low, give it away clearance price of $2000.00. Opps. did I forget to mention they were throwing in a brand new USA mag 30 rounder? What a deal.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 3:48:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Back when they were kicking the "assault weapons ban" idea around, I talked to people and said the hi-cap magazine part of this was going to be a done deal. They give me the old deer in the headlight look and said O.K. Well, sure enough, look where we are now. Scoured the Tidewater area, found 50 30 rounders at 6.00 a pop in Grand Junction in Va. Beach and somebody somewhere else who seen the same thing coming and had ALREADY marked them up to $45. In between mags for my pistols and the AR I am set for Armageddon (almost).The rip-off artist at 45 got no business, by the way, and was blackballed all the way to hell.
Link Posted: 5/12/2001 4:53:31 AM EDT
[#13]
The guys who gouge will most likely be the ones going out of business as America's appetite for firearms decreases.

I was vulnerable to gouging when I got started with my first AR (Colt 6601 for $875 w/tax). Then you learn more...me mostly from the AR mailing list and this website and Shotgun News. I haven't bought a new gun off off a dealer's shelf in years--but have done quite a few transfer sales. There are deals out there available through private sellers and certain distributors and certain shops.

Live and learn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top