Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2001 2:08:37 PM EDT
Hey, I just bought a 30mm BSA red-dot sight just for the hell of it to see if I would eventually get a higher end one (yes I know you get what you pay for) but I have a bit of a problem.  I have it mounted on my flat top AR, and when I use my flip up rear sight, the red-dot totally blocks that from happening.  What I would like to do is be able to use my irons and the sight at the same time, so I was wondering if I bought a riser mount, would if kick the sight up high enough to enable me to do this?  I know I would have to cut the riser mount to fit it all on the receiver (so that I have room to mount the  rear sight) and that is not an issue, but I was wondering where, and what size riser mount would I need in order to have the dot and the irons on the same plane?

Thank you so much
Scott
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#1]
scott you might like to post this in the optic's forum.mmk
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 3:20:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Iron sights are for when the dot quits...Dick
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#3]
madman kirk is right about the optics forum - you would probably get more response there.

You might want to look into a quick release mount for your red dot.  They have 2 levers that cam on and off.  These mounts keep your zero intact.  They make see through scope mounts but don't know if things would line up correctly with the flip up sight that you have.  Also make sure you consider the fact that raising the red dot may put it to high to achieve an acceptable cheek weld.

Hope that helps man!

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top