Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2001 9:16:00 PM EDT
Has anybody heard the latest on this subject?

It is being reported that the FBI withheld documents from the defense during the diclosure phase of the trial. They are saying that these docs have no bearing on the outcome but McVeigh's lawyers are considering requesting a stay..... here is the link to the full story:

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010511/ts/mcveigh_request_dc_4.html[/url]

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Leave it to the government to try and cheat on an airtight case.  IDIOTS!
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Now come on!!!!
Your not suggesting the FBI would actually withhold evidence on purpose now would you[:o]??

I don't know about you, but I always trust my government 100%...................NOT!!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 10:06:57 AM EDT
[#3]
McVeigh says he was trying to make a "monkey" out of the federal govt, but they made one out of themselves.  Again.

Arock out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#4]
This doesn't speak too well for the death penalty, in my opinion. With all the attention and care that must have gone into this high-profile (and pretty clear cut) case, plus McVeigh sitting in prison for years now, and they discover just days before the execution that the government screwed up again?

What do you think happens when the accused is some anonymous "driving while black" type or some local white trash that nobody cares about? I bet they make bigger mistakes and find out later, huh?

I strongly support the right of law enforcement and ordinary citizens alike to use deadly force in extreme emergency situations, but can't see how you and me together (i.e. society) got any more right to sit back and methodically kill someone than what you and me separately would have. Zero plus zero is still zero.
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I just gotta wonder how an agency that seems to be able to be so secretive and airtight about everything can't keep a lid on the fact that they didn't disclose all the docs in such an high profile case??

Are we sure this wasn't planned out before hand?

Whaddya think about that one?

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 5/11/2001 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By The Sniper:
I just gotta wonder how an agency that seems to be able to be so secretive and airtight about everything can't keep a lid on the fact that they didn't disclose all the docs in such an high profile case??

Are we sure this wasn't planned out before hand?

Whaddya think about that one?

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
View Quote

Once McVeigh's dead, he sure can't implicate anyone.
So, yeah, the FBI might want him kept alive, in the hope that he might eventually talk.
But, with all the ridicule the FBI has recently endured, it doesn't seem likely.
Remember, the FBI's number one rule is to never embarrass itself.

Link Posted: 5/11/2001 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Once McVeigh's dead, he sure can't implicate anyone.
So, yeah, the FBI might want him kept alive, in the hope that he might eventually talk.
But, with all the ridicule the FBI has recently endured, it doesn't seem likely.
Remember, the FBI's number one rule is to never embarrass itself.
View Quote

That is what I am getting at.  There has got to be a reason that they are admitting to this at this point in time.

The Bureau is not going to make themselves look bad for no good reason.  If these documents have no bearing on guilt or sentencing then.... why?

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top