Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2001 3:23:55 PM EDT
If your state in the future requires registration, will you register?? I'm in Washington State on the Eastern side, the more populated liberal Western side, determines everything in this state. Just like, California more counties voted for Bush, but the more populated voted for Gore. I'm not going to register, screw it!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Just register your damn guns already. It isn't worth risking your family and career for just some pieces of metal. Confiscation will never happen in the U.S. and if you don't register, you will just show that gun owners are not law abiding and will be doing irreparable harm to the 2nd Amendment.

Link Posted: 5/9/2001 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
Just register your damn guns already. It isn't worth risking your family and career for just some pieces of metal. Confiscation will never happen in the U.S. and if you don't register, you will just show that gun owners are not law abiding and will be doing irreparable harm to the 2nd Amendment.

View Quote

I used to like you....
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#3]
That's nice to say, but the Jews were nice law abidding citizen's in Germany, look what happened to them. And, during the FFL check it's just for a "long gun", does'nt specify AR-15. They'd have a hell of time checking every FFL, the records are kempt by them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't register and get caught you will be a felon and forever lose your priviledge to own any type of firearm. The law abiding that register will still have a hobby to be able to go to the range to target shoot and participate in competitions without having to constantly look over their shoulders.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:53:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Tim J:
Live free or Die. If that's OK with your legislators.
View Quote

Man, It's gonna take an hour to clean the Coke off my keyboard!
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Tell em Imbro. ;^)

Some people still can't figure you out.  i love it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:30:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Here in Nevada we don't have a registration system, but Las Vegas is full of Californians that wanna f**k up my state. I will register my guns the day I register my schlong as a rapists tool. COLD DEAD HANDS!
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd move.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, I suppose if we have to register firearms, we should have to register baseball bats, kitchen knives, car bumpers, beer bottles, cement curbs, hypodermic needles, cement blocks.......

[-!-!-]register these
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Remember, felons can't vote in most states in the US.  So you basically will assist in  taking all rights aways from gunowners if you don't register and get caught.

Don't think the democrats haven't thought of the felons can't vote issue in their anti-gun efforts.  Make the citizens you don't like felons, and no more problems from them since they can't vote.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 7:59:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Remember, felons can't vote in most states in the US.  So you basically will assist in  taking all rights aways from gunowners if you don't register and get caught.

Don't think the democrats haven't thought of the felons can't vote issue in their anti-gun efforts.  Make the citizens you don't like felons, and no more problems from them since they can't vote.
View Quote

The CT legislature just fixed that problem, by passing a bill restoring voting rights to felons on probation. Assholes!
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 8:10:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I personally have experienced the issue, for as you will note, I am from the PRK.  We registered as appropriate (near as I can tell, some 5% max regisistered).  But you have to remember that if you don't, you can't shoot it, you can't show it off, you're gonna have to hide it.  I've drawn some lines, and it took a while to decide those lines last year, but I know exactly how far I'm going to go along with DiFi, Boxer, and the rest of the loony liberals.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#15]
This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!

- Adolf Hitler, 1935

They can kiss my bum before they get me to register my goodies.
Ice
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Tim J:
Of course most folks will register them
View Quote

On the contrary...

Conservative estimates place over 1,000,000 assault weapons in California, as defined by the AK / AR Series add on to Roberti Roos, and the CA SB-23 guns.  In 1999, over 200,000 new AK and AR series guns were sold in the PRK.  In late March, 27,000 guns had been processed and the CA DOJ advised that they were almost completed.  Let's say that they went to 50,000... beyond "almost completed" to half completed.  That number reflects 5% of the conservative estimates of weapons required to be registered as Assault Weapons in the State of Kalifornia.  Now how does that reflect "most"?

How many of those were exported out of the state?  Placed in storage out of state?  And how many of them were buried for the day that the rest of the country decides to liberate the captives, er um... conservatives that are trapped here in California (behind enemy lines)?
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#17]
id move hell i did
[frag]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 1:33:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:Just register your damn guns already. It isn't worth risking your family and career for just some pieces of metal. Confiscation will never happen in the U.S. and if you don't register, you will just show that gun owners are not law abiding and will be doing irreparable harm to the 2nd Amendment.

View Quote

I REALLY hope you are kidding. From what I have seen in your other posts, this is pretty likely.
Anyway, if registration was required in my state, I'd send pictures of all of my unregistered guns with a note stating:

"These are my unregistered firearms. I have no intention of registering them, as the law requiring it is a violation o Article 1, Sections 21 and 25 of the Pennsylvania Constitution. Come and get me."

Civil Disobedience man.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Folks,and imbrog,THE GOVT. 'weather' you know it have been keeping track/record of all firearms purchases for at least the last decade!NICS check or not you buy it from a dealer your on file!
View Quote

that is why i have nothing on file, havent baught anything from a dealer, ever.

only private sales. ammo too.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 2:53:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I sent in my registration card - right after my AR went for a vacation in a gun safe with all my ClassIII stuff...

"Your law is unconstitutional, unenforcable, and will solve nothing.  I will not comply.  Do your worst.  (signed) Jon D Kelley, San Jose, CA.  You have my address.  Come talk to me when you are ready to listen to some sense."

I won't hold my breath.  And yes, I gave them my complete and correct address.  They have two years to come talk to me, and then we're leaving. (and I get my ClassIII stuff back!)

FFZ
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 2:58:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
View Quote

I am noticing that many people here have an opinion on this...  Only one responded, but hard to tell from his post if he complied...

I choose to register...  Which is why I replied to this particular post...  I almost agree with everything Imbrog|io said...  All except [b]Confiscation will never happen...[/b]  Hate to tell ya buddy, it already has, people who legally registered SKS rifles only to have the rules changed on them, and forced to sell, destroy, turn-in, hide....

The reason I registered is because it's not worth losing my rights to own a gun by not complying, and I like to take mine out and play, rather than burying them, or going out of state to play, don't always have the time to drive 9 hours to (Front Sight) Las Vegas, but can manage the 15 minutes to the local range.

I also figure that if I am still here when some idiot decides that it's time to take them, I can remove them from the state...

I am not happy that they now know who I am, but then, they already did...  When they 4473'd (DROS'd) me, they learned.  Yup, only says Rifle, but the part that says caliber, barrel length, and serial number tend to give away the secrets, just too easy to cross reference data these days.

Had a friend get a nice letter from the DOJ saying that he failed to register something (strange... How'd they know that?) and to turn it over...  He replied that it had been removed and was now outside the borders, pack sand.

We'll continue to fight, you people in Free Territory will continue to speculate on what 'you'd do'.  Prior to the deadline, I was one saying Never!, but I really had to consider the full ramifications of not doing so.

I am moving...  Not quickly enough it seems, but I will be out of the god foresaken haven of sin & evil by the end of summer, and the only way my life may get complicated is if the FEDS adopt something based on California's model.  That would affect you, and I.

I have fought hard here in CA the last few years, sadly, many of my fellow patriots across the country have not fully supported us.  I've heard things like "Better you than Me", or "Not my problem, won't ever happen here", or insert your favorite Anti-PRK saying here...  Some of our Brothers & Sisters across Amerika have stood beside us though, and some understand that if we lose here, and don't contain this virus, it will show up in NY, Chicago, Boston, and the list goes on...

If you don't think it'll ever happen, then you have underestimated your opponent, it has.  Can it be stopped...  Sure...  Each person here should be a member of the NRA, and they should all recruit every gunowner they meet who isn't.  80 million gunowners in this country, and only 4 million members, something wrong with the math.  Make a commitment to sponsor, or sign-up at least 2 new members in the Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter...  As our numbers grow, we will be able to help solidfy our base, and ultimately defeat our enemy in 2002.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Folks,and imbrog,THE GOVT. 'weather' you know it have been keeping track/record of all firearms purchases for at least the last decade!NICS check or not you buy it from a dealer your on file!
View Quote

that is why i have nothing on file, havent baught anything from a dealer, ever.

only private sales. ammo too.
View Quote

You "used to could" do private sales/transfers here too, except for handguns, and some of what I own were, but that stopped years ago, and now, EVERYTHING must go through an FFL, legally speaking.  I am sure some weapons still transfer in the PRK without an FFL, but I haven't done one in many years.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Registration here in Washington State?  There's been psudo rumblings but...  certainly nothing that I'm presently aware of.  If and when registration becomes the law here, of course I'll register the firearms that I might be keeping at home.
[O:)]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#26]
An illegal gun is an illegal gun. So if failure to register makes your AR illegal you might as well go all the way and turn it into a full auto short brl rifle.
Dont pussy foot around the issue and say I will obey this unconstitutional law, but I wont obey that unconstitutional law. obey they all or grow a pair of balls and break them all. but dont be halfassed about it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
An illegal gun is an illegal gun. So if failure to register makes your AR illegal you might as well go all the way and turn it into a full auto short brl rifle.
Dont pussy foot around the issue and say I will obey this unconstitutional law, but I wont obey that unconstitutional law. obey they all or grow a pair of balls and break them all. but dont be halfassed about it.
View Quote

whos to say some of us havent already gone there. course i havent, but i could anytime.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Unless I miss my guess, all of us who have purchased guns since the inception of the NICS background check have already registered our weapons. Naturally, if they were purchased at gun shows or private party transfers, this point is moot.

Link Posted: 5/10/2001 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#29]
What do you mean DJ?  I *sold* those to a guy at I met at the range years ago.  I sold them so I could afford gas for my car. ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top