Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2001 10:22:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I see a future for this "new employee" in either the IRS or BATF where he can enforce his interpretation of a rule regardless of its impropriety.

What irony, one of the founding father's monuments, suppression of patriotism by someone who hasn't a clue about freedom and indepedence.

BTW, who "owns" the park police?  Where can I send a venomous email?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:47:04 AM EDT
[#2]
This is the email for the National Park Service for the Jefferson Memorial and the National Mall.  

[url][email protected][/url]

Is this who employs this idiot?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#3]
It's about time they cracked down on things like that....NOT!
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Great way to inspire that patriotic spirit.  Somebody needs to get his rulebook out of his a$$ and realize the bigger picture.  I sure hope that guy feels like a dope.  Somebody hopefully got yelled at.
Ice
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#5]
That is bad enough but if one or two SILENTLY pray on the steps of the US Supreme Court building JBTs magically appear and let it be known that praying is not allowed there.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok.....a new overzealous employee makes a MISTAKE and follows some law to the letter.  I take it none of you EVER made a mistake at work?  Or in the mall?  Or anywhere that caused some sort of personal or public embarrasment?  No "jack booting" went on, no one was beat down, just someone overstepping here.  And he/she was reprimanded (read-fired or transfered to shit job) so its obviously not US policy to forbid National Anthem singing.  

I think some of you get too worked up over certain things.  This is not a "line in the sand" thing when it was acknowledged it was a mistake and action was taken to correct it.  

Another example of our Liberal press sensationalizing a story for the purpose of public outrage.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Gun Toter:
...  I take it none of you EVER made a mistake at work?  Or in the mall?  Or anywhere that caused some sort of personal or public embarrasment?  ...
View Quote

A lot of us would admit to multiple mistakes. But our mistakes are not the kind involving suppression of 1st Amendment rights on public property, by government workers.  What kind of academy did this jerk get his mail-order lessons from?  Or was he on loan from the mall?

[red][size=4]P.R.K.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#10]
There is a case for "repectful silence" in places such as church or military cemetaries, but this is just amazing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top