Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2001 7:12:34 AM EDT
i have always had a bunch on hand, but i find the brass breaks after two or three uses.

is there a fix for this problem or a better stripper out there? i like to keep some ammo on hand in these but after they break there pretty well useless, and i am down to about four good ones.

help please
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#1]
You will get better mileage out of these if you just bend the tabs up *slightly* enough to hold the rounds in.  I also have my kids mark the ends as I use them so that I can rotate which end gets bent out during each use.

These were designed to be disposable, so there are not any "durable" versions out there.  I can usually get 10-12 charges out of one end before a tab breaks.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#3]
i am in reserves so getting more isnt much trouble. (its just makeing them last untill next years range fire), i can also get a bunch of the guides too, anyone interested.

i was just wondering if anyone made strippers like for example the ak/sks strippers in 223, that would be awsome.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#4]
If you are in the reserves and only have 4 stripper clips, we need to have a talk, son. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#5]
sorry bud, its been 11 1/2 months since i got my last batch. there worn out, i have about 200 of em, but only about five or so good ones.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#6]
If your really want to be cheap, try this:
Carefully remove the brass liner from the steel sleeve.  You have to kind of wiggle it out.  Now, bend the sides of the brass part up slightly, then reassemble.  Doing this holds the rounds in the clips better, so you don't even have to use the end retainers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Carefully remove the brass liner from the steel sleeve.  You have to kind of wiggle it out.  Now, bend the sides of the brass part up slightly, then reassemble.  Doing this holds the rounds in the clips better, so you don't even have to use the end retainers.
View Quote

now thats the kind of answer i was looking for, thanks man,
works real good too...
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:32:19 PM EDT
[#10]
thats not really nesesary but thanks, i have a ton of em too, all with one or more tabs broken off. now i can put em back into service.  (as you can tell i am a packrat when it comes to guns and mil-surp)
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#12]
All of my reloads go on stripper clips, so I almost bust a gut laughing when you said that you were down to four.  Buying them by the thousand isn't that big a deal.  As for New River Salvage, I used to live right by them.  They are located near Camp Lejeune.  The owner personally delivered me my order from the back of his pickup when we met in town.  Good service, but the clips were nasty.  I never did see his storefront, but someone told me that he has this gigantic hill of stripper clips out in his yard, out in the elements.  I would suggest you order them from someone else.

As far as their service life, they were only intended to be used once.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

This does work well - if you keep your clips in cardboards and in an ammo pouch - they're not going anywhere...

Also the tip on just bending the tabs slightly will extend the mileage of your clips.

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top