Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2001 9:07:59 PM EDT
Don't know about this, some people say it's legal, some say you could get aressted for it. Is it legal for you to carry, let's just say a AR-15 for simplicity's sake [:D] unloaded and in the back?
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that state law says, "There is no restriction on long guns". As long as it is the federal legal length you should be able to carry it loaded or not. But, I am no legal expert, so research this first.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, don't quote me on this and keep in mind it's almost 3am in the morning, but as long as it's not a "short barrel firearm" which, in regards to a rifle, means something to the effect of rifle with a barrel length of less than 16 inches and over all length of under 26 inches.  Sorry, but I'm too lazy to go diggin' my penal code out of the bag.  It's legal in Texas to carry a rifle that isn't a short barrel firearm in your vehicle loaded or unloaded.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:01:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I all ways carry a 12ga in the back seat of my 72 Chevel with 540 big block.
And then go drage raceing over there on Weshimer. Jadams is still tring to catch that car. DPS got me one night.I new the guy and he let it go with a ticket.  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Long guns no restrictions, loaded or not.

Hangun?  get the permit
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Do not carry a (weapon) long gun on: school property, a secured area of an airport, federal property, penal institutions, election polling places, racetracks, bars, and I may have missed one or two. But other than that, loaded or unloaded (including Beta C's) concealed or unconcealed. But use common sense, sometimes an AR15 in the back window can be probable cause if they want to think that it is an NFA weapon and pull you over to check. I never have any problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top