Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2001 6:22:47 PM EDT
There was some rioting going on at Bosont U yesterday evening.  It started around 5:00 PM and went on for a couple hours.   There were about 800 people involved.  Very little school property was damaged, just some good old civil disobedience.  

Students blocked off Comm Ave., the T tracks outside West Campus, and the enterance to Nickerson field.  The cause of the disturbance was the selling out of the school's Nickerson Field to the Boston Breachers (Pro Women's Soccer).  

This was the straw the broke the camel's back.  We pay $36,000 for tuition, room, and board and get jack b/c the school doesn't spend money on the students.  I find this particularly interesting b/c the school doesn't pay taxes either, as it is a non-profit organization.  Boston University is listed as a multi billion dollar per year organization, so where the hell is all the money?  Just an example of how the school will screw the students:  Everyone with a BU parking permit, which costs $400 PER SEMESTER, had to surrender his/her parking space yesterday, to provide parking for the Breacher's game.  Oh, and we can no longer use our own field for intermural sports.  I just seems like everything and everyone comes berfore us (the students) who foot the bill.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#2]
at Bosont U? slt223, lay off the [beer] &[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Welcome to Collectivism...  now vote Libertarian.  [url]www.lp.org[/url]

-Troy
View Quote

I'd rather hammer a nail into my own head.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Better than a riot--  a "park-in."  Just park all of your cars all over the place and make it impossible for towing.  

Lotsa fun.  :D

Mike
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#7]
They should refund every undergrad an amount equal to one hours salary for the average professor for every hour a graduate student was fobbed off on you. Figure that out and you'll realize how bad you're really getting ripped off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top