Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2001 4:39:24 PM EDT
I know I should ask in the Full Auto fourm but might get a faster answer here.
A friend of mine is taking out a loan to buy something soon. 1st off he is getting a M16 first and is wating on a guy to tool up for the H&K 21 kits in Texas. But till then wants a Beltfed He likes the Marimount M60's but likes the 1919 more. We really don't know all there is to know on them like the pros and cons. Any info?

He does not have a computer so I told him I will ask around.

Thanks, Greg
Edit due to spelling
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I was on a great 1919 forum board a few weeks ago.  I can't for the life of me remember the link.  If nobody else replies, I'll see if I can find it when I'm at work tomorrow.

Link Posted: 5/6/2001 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Ask and you shall receive!

[url]http://www.1919a4.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Here you go :

[url]http://1919a4.com/[/url]

COLTSHORTY

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 5:56:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Greg -

1919's are great guns - especially for sustained full auto.  They are about the sturdiest thing out there and easy to maintain and keep running.  I've seen guys turn their barrels red hot on 1919's and the guns just keep chugging along.  M60's are also nice guns but IMHO they've gotten far too expensive - especialy for the E3's.  A Maremont or SACO Defense gun is going to run your buddy about $18-24k depending on condition, model, etc.  Even a cheap Rock Island M60 will run a minimum of about $14k.  Add to that the fact that M60's were designed to be 'throw away' guns after about 100krds, I could never justify the expense; I'd rather have two 1919's for the same price.  Sure, you can keep 60's running long after 100krds, but maintenance and repairs are not cheap...nothing about a 60 is cheap.

I put the HK21's in the same class with the 60's.  Nice guns, but parts & barrels are just too hard to find and too expensive when you do find what you  need.  Add to that they are also not designed with a long service life in mind.  According to my HK LE catalog, even the 21E (with the receiver reinforcing rails) only has a minimum service life for the reciever of 60krds.  Well heck, if 60k is the minimum, how much can the max be - 80krds, 100krds, maybe 120krds at the very max?  I guess its not a problem if you have a sear gun and don't mind having to get it completely rebuilt, but on a receiver gun it could be a huge problem.  1919's on the other hand are more in a class with the FN MAG - they're damn near indestructible.

Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#5]
1919a4.com
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info guys.

Shaggy, I understand about the price on the 60's. Way too much for what they are. I think a 1919 would be more fun to unload than a 21B. But my friend wants best of both worlds. Hey, I can't blame him. Now he has me thinking about buying a 1919a4 for myself. Geesh.......I will have to take out a home loan again.
Thanks for the info on the 21's and I will pass this on to him to think about before he turns his G3 into a belt monster.

Greg
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#7]
If you are financially challenged like me go with a semi-auto M1919.  Get your index finger in shape and you can crank out a respectable rate of fire.  Ohio Rapid Fire sells them for $1350.00.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I looked at a couple of Semi's a4/a6 with the 30.06 308 change out kit. It was priced pretty good. But there is something that having a heavy weapon that is for full auto and only shooting it in semi is just not right.[>(]
It would be my first class 3 weapon. Than again I should just get a colt M16 for that price and have a large slection of calibers and uppers to use. Hummmm......Now I am thinking too hard. Should I just get both?
Da*m I should just quit typing.

Later,[s]Greg[/s]Mr.Going Broke
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top