Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2001 9:37:22 AM EDT
I know that they are generally anti-gun, but I need specific quotes for my arguments.

Could someone please post a link or somethin'?
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#1]
One of them, I think Bono(r) declared war on the NRA.

They and their "music" sucked before he opened his mouth. Now they just suck worse.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure it's just their music, boy it blows. try www.u2.com hear it from their own poofter mouths.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:01:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Aside from them not having any musical talent (where are the screaming guitar solos, ripping bass lines, the killer drum solos) and also being "in the closet IRA supporters (good, bad, indifferent, the IRA kills innocent children) these bunch of Irish fuckwads want to stick their shitstained noses into American Politics.

From the U2 web site:
(look under the news section)
[url]www.u2.com[/url]

U2 Target Charlton Heston reports UK's NME
U2 have declared war on Hollywood legend CHARLTON HESTON over his views on gun control, according to NME.COM

The Irish four-piece have got the 'Ben Hur' and 'Ten Commandments' star in their sights due to his position as president of America's powerful gun lobby, the National Rifle Association.

During their current 'Elevation' tour of North America, the band have been showing footage of the screen legend defending his views on firearms as a somewhat sarcastic introduction to their song 'Bullet The Blue Sky'.

Heston's comments are used as a stark contrast to a clearly anti-gun film that features documentary footage of gun and war violence and plays on video screens behind the band while they perform the popular song from 'The Joshua Tree'.

During the segment, Heston, a staunch defender of the US Constitution's Second Amendment which allows citizens the "right to bear arms" is seen saying: "There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a good person is no threat to anybody, except bad people."

This is followed by stark footage of a small child playing with a gun and violent scenes from Vietnam and other conflicts.

Check the complete story at
[url]http://www.nme.com/NME/External/News/News_Story/0,1004,24922,00.html[/url]

Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Their site shows that they've produced songs for the "Tomb Raider" soundtrack.  Kinda strange that they have no problem making money associating with a "Shoot 'em up" flick.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
They're just friggin' musicians, nothing more.

I care what those pr|cks think about American politics, and gun control issues in the U.S., the way I care about what that Penthouse Centerfold thinks about world peace and global warming.

Nada.

Eric The Hun
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#6]
It's that guitar with only 2 freakin' strings on it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They're just friggin' musicians, nothing more.

View Quote

And that is debatable!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top