Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2001 5:14:07 PM EDT
Been reading how Auction Arms has sold out to the libereral Anti-gun policy's of Ebay.  Now to list an item for a dollar you now have to pay 25 bucks a month!  They used to have it set up for the small time seller that if they listed less than 300 Bucks a month of junk, there were no charges.. Its what made Auction Arms great.. the small sellers with the treasures.. Now they sell out the gun owners for a buck.  Sigh.  Anyone know of any other free Gun Auction sites for the small guy or gal?

Been reading about a call to Boycott Auction Arms.. Kinda like smith & Wesson selling us out don't you think ?

Comments ?
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#1]
[b]WHAT??????????[/b] When did they decide to do this? I heard Gunbroker/ForTheHunt.com was doing the same thing. (charging if an item sold)Yeah, that kinda sucks. I'm with you Destiny, anyone know of a free auction site to migrate to? [:(] Milldude
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree it was the individual's listing that made it worth while, however the dealer's seemed to be looking for a sucker with most of their crap.  One of the dealers on there is also a founding member of AuctionArms, my Dad posted negative feedback on him once and they deleted it.  My Dad and them went back and forth over it and they cancelled his account.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
try [url]www.ebang.com[/url]  .  just getting started but there are some deals to be found.  let everyone know about just to increase the number of people at the site.

Iso
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Both auctionarms and gunbroker started out not charging.  It was only to gain traffic to their site and get themselves publicity to try and take a marketshare.  Now that they have it they want $$.  Knew it would happen eventually.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 7:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Know of any businesses that are in business to NOT make money? Nothing good ever lasts.Alternative auction sites will eventually start popping up.There are VERY *FEW* DEALS anymore on these auction sites.......they shot their load months ago.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
try [url]www.ebang.com[/url]  .  just getting started but there are some deals to be found.  let everyone know about just to increase the number of people at the site.

Iso
View Quote

You beat me to the punch.  I know the owner of www.ebang.com  I've even handed out flyers for him at gunshows.  I can tell you that he isn't planning to charge any time soon.  I've talked with him about it and he doesn't want to shoot himself in the foot, but still wants to eventually get the site to self-sustain.  After the site builds enough of a customer base, he thinks that he can make most of the money by selling banner ads.  He really doesn't want to charge for the auctions themselves.  He has mentioned that he might eventually charge a 1% or 2% final value fee.  Basically you could advertise as much as you want but not pay unless you sell.  Right now of course, everything is still totally free.  Send him your business and maybe we can all keep a free gun auction site up and running.

Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like I'll be giving ebang.com a look! Some fee is needed to support the site. I don't have a problem paying the final value fee if my item sells, I just don't like the listing fee. I know they charge the fee b/c many dealers and others abuse the free listing with high prices looking for suckers. I don't even visit those sites often, b/c I don't want to waste an hour looking through overpriced crap looking for one lising from a regular guy and a good deal. Shame some jerks always ruin it for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:57:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Yikes.......that's hi!!!!  $25.00

I personally have not listed anything for auction... bit on stuff, but not sell.  Any way, asking for some $$$$ for using them isn't really bad.  The bad thing is, when you're listing something for less then the dang fee!!!!  It should be set up like Guns America.  If they help you sell, it's 10 bucks to them.  NOw I'm not saying 10 is right for acutions, but it should be pro rated...... firearms 15.00 and mags 2 or something.......

It's the little guys/gals that help make something popular....... after they get big...... bam, they forget about the 'little guy'.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:58:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 6:32:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't think it is at all fair of you to say they "...sold out to the libereral Anti-gun policy's of Ebay.", they're only trying to stay in business.  Auctionarms.com is definitely a better deal than Gunbroker.com IMHO.  Auctionarms unlimited auctions work out to be much cheaper than the individual auction charges over at Gunbroker.  Just selling a couple of expensive items at Gunbroker can quickly put you over the $12.95 two week [b]unlimited[/b] auctions at Auctionarms.  If you ask me Auctionarms is easier to browse too, meaning less frustration for potential buyers!!  Auctionarms has also announced they will be doing a single auction charge for individual listings so not to run off a small seller.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top