Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2001 11:16:43 AM EDT
Seems that due to "Racial" issues, certian episodes of Bugs Bunny have been yanked from the Cartoon Network.

Fucking Pathetic.

McUZI
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn McUZI, did you just wake up!  There are a large number of cartoons no longer considered appropriate for the sheeple to view.  The ones I miss the most are the WWII Popeye's where Popeye knocks the shit out of the Axis Powers.  Many a funny episode has been sacraficed in the name of the United States of the Offended Moronic Slackers.

Semper Fi

edited kuz i kant sepll[:P]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I love the one when he is fighting the "injuns" and is tally marking all the one's he is killing.  He then erases half of a mark and says, "oops, half breed".  Now that was Saturday morning television at its best. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
The networks have been censoring Bugs Bunny cartoons for a long time.  Back in the seventies, you could still see the "africa" ones with the caricatured black guys.  You could also see "Daffy the Nazi".  I got that last one on tape.  Sure, they were offensive to minorities, but that was back when we were still "one white nation under god".  Now that were are turning into a western version of the Balkans, such things are totally inappropriate .
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Huck Finn & GWTW will be next.
Sorry you banners, this is history.
Some of the banned episodes center on sterotypes that are no longer prevalent.
More amusing than hateful.
I understand Warner is behind the ban, they are worried about decreased sales.

Silliness!
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Some have been edited to eliminate controversial scenes too!

One in particular comes to mind.  Remember when Bugs and Daffy are competing in a talent show trying to out do each other and get the audience to applaud the loudest.  They were on a stage and Daffy gets all pissed and comes ut in a devil costume and a suitcase.

He then goes into a little routine where he swallows "...one gallon of gasoline, some nitroglycerine, uranium 236, copious amounts of gunpowder, shake well(Daffy jumping up and down) and one match"  He then explodes and is floating up in transparent guise.  Well I'm not sure whan it happened but for at least the last five years every time I have seen that episode they ommited the "copious amount of gunpowder"!  Like a kid would watch that and try to blow there guts apart,  HA!  The anti's have even got to cartoons!

It makes you think.  I grew up with Bugs and all of the great cartoons and never tried to do any of that stuff.....well I did actually put D rocket motors on my roller skates to see if I could go faster like Wile E. Coyote but that was the only thing.  Oh, and no it didn't work.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Where can I buy a copy of "Song of the South"?
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#8]
What about the mighty mouse episode where mighty sprinkles some magic dust so he can go real fast? Something like that anyway.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 11:08:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I can't fucking beleive it, what the fuck is this world coming to. Doesn't anybody have anything better to complain about. Remind anybody else of that Hank Jr. song about coalitions?
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 11:17:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I remember watching a lot of these shows.  Recently I saw Yesomite Sam holding his hands up, but he was missing his two trade-mark revolvers. I bet some folks really hate Elmer Fudd, the shot-gun blasting hunter that is always after Bugs.  A lot of these cartoons are now on video tape.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#14]
The same thing happened to Tom & Jerry cartoons.

Ted Turner bought all the rights to Tom& Jerry and started the mass edits.

The one that stands out in my memory, was the black maid yelling "Thoooommmmaaaasss !!!!" Well they edited to be a woman with a scottish accent.

Sigh..... I used to love watching cartoons. Not anymore.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:40:51 AM EDT
[#15]
How about "A Nation is Born," or "Gone with the Wind"
View Quote

Do you mean "Birth of a Nation"?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Where can I buy a copy of "Song of the South"?
View Quote

Ebay.  
I have a bootlegged copy that I bought at a War Between the States battle re-enactment.  Disney sells them overseas, just not here in the U.S.S.A.  Some morals huh?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top