Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know ...

Maybe I am.

I've been programmed since 1952 -

We don't have fun.

Is it ok if I bang your GF now?
View Quote
Yep, you're a true intellectual giant. Keep up the hard work fundummy, the world would collapse without you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:33:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't actually understand why this bothers people.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:37:25 AM EDT
[#3]
It's just one day man. To witness an astronomical phenomenon that's not only rare, but has a rich history. 

Someplace around here is having an eclipse party, with food, adult beverages, and "special elixirs. They keep playing the commercials, it sounds like fun. I'm not going but I can see the appeal.

Quite a few people are putting their boats in so they can watch it on the water. 

I honestly don't know why places can't just stop for part of a day. It would make things a lot less complicated. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:41:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's the difference -

I don't love my life.  I don't feel good unless I accomplish something...

Let's get HIGH and have some fun ...

or is this the wrong perspective?

Think about it ARFCOM - where's your line?

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:42:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep, you're a true intellectual giant. Keep up the hard work fundummy, the world would collapse without you.
View Quote
Excuse me, I'm " Old School ".
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:49:28 AM EDT
[#6]
We have had people from all over the country out at our brewery this weekend. Most of them here for the eclipse. I can guarantee you one thing; very few of them fit into your narrow interpretation of who's participating and even fewer would be considered poor.

I'm working tomorrow along with 6 of my employees. Some of us understand what "being productive" really means. And I will see the eclipse.

Go be miserable somewhere else.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:50:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Some of you fellers wouldn't know a good time if it hit you in the head. 

I am employed, and a somewhat responsible father of 3, and damned if I will begrudge anyone getting their party on.

Life is short. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:51:42 AM EDT
[#8]
HA!  My little town (All 800 of us) has gone INSANE!  I went down to the store (We have a store...lol) to get some smokes and beer
a couple of hours ago and there's a damn party going on!  There's also a shit ton of Californians asking about places to spend the
night before the "event" tomorrow morning.

I was in front of the store smoking when this dude (Driving an F-250 with a trailer with Cali' plates) came up to me and asked
me if I knew where a place to camp was(?)  I thought a nano-second about telling him he could pull his rig onto the farm for a few
bucks but told him instead that both parks in town were open to overnight camping.  His response was "Yeah, but they want $50
to camp there tonight and I'm not paying THAT!" lol  Fucking dude probably spent 2 or 3 times that in gas just getting here.

I told him I didn't know of anywhere else close to camp.  He parked his rig in front of the HS.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh, and I just shelled out 4K because wifey decided to take the three girls on a last minute trip to see this damn phenomena, and I'm still not pissed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Some of you fellers wouldn't know a good time if it hit you in the head. 

I am employed, and a somewhat responsible father of 3, and damned if I will begrudge anyone getting their party on.

Life is short. 
View Quote
Yeah ... that's what I'm saying...

Maybe I should get a bong and join the club.

right?

You may have misinterpreted or not read all of my text in this post.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:56:16 AM EDT
[#11]
How many ebt cards do you think are in ops first pic? Also, IBTL!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:56:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh, and I just shelled out 4K because wifey decided to take the three girls on a last minute trip to see this damn phenomena, and I'm still not pissed.
View Quote
Eh, if you've got kids that's cool.  That's a family "Adventure"....
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
HA!  My little town (All 800 of us) has gone INSANE!  I went down to the store (We have a store...lol) to get some smokes and beer
a couple of hours ago and there's a damn party going on!  There's also a shit ton of Californians asking about places to spend the
night before the "event" tomorrow morning.

I was in front of the store smoking when this dude (Driving an F-250 with a trailer with Cali' plates) came up to me and asked
me if I knew where a place to camp was(?)  I thought a nano-second about telling him he could pull his rig onto the farm for a few
bucks but told him instead that both parks in town were open to overnight camping.  His response was "Yeah, but they want $50
to camp there tonight and I'm not paying THAT!" lol  Fucking dude probably spent 2 or 3 times that in gas just getting here.

I told him I didn't know of anywhere else close to camp.  He parked his rig in front of the HS.
View Quote
You need 50 bucks a night or a " gimmie one " on the side.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:58:27 AM EDT
[#14]
With any luck the herd of hippies will be thinned.

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:00:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
She must be the babe at 2 o'clock...

nice
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:04:09 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm going to watch because the school needed a driver.  No pay, but free motel room and a lunch.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:04:52 AM EDT
[#17]
OP is a party pooper.

I'm driving 48 miles to a friend's blueberry farm, where four families will eat breakfast together and watch the eclipse. No moobs, no glitter and dreads, no bongs.

I will be at work by noon (hopefully).
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:04:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm going to watch because the school needed a driver.  No pay, but free motel room and a lunch.
View Quote
She's cute?

Apologize - I misread .
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:06:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OP is a party pooper.

I'm driving 48 miles to a friend's blueberry farm, where four families will eat breakfast together and watch the eclipse. No moobs, no glitter and dreads, no bongs.

I will be at work by noon (hopefully).
View Quote
I'm sorry -

I call the shots as I see them.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:06:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah ... that's what I'm saying...

Maybe I should get a bong and join the club.

right?

You may have misinterpreted or not read all of my text in this post.
View Quote
Why are you fixated on bongs? I'm willing to bet the vast majority of people excited to witness in some way a total eclipse will not have a bong. Lots of parents and kids. Lots of working people who took the day off. 

Even the working people are going to go outside at some time, if not to look at it somehow just to be with other people looking at it, or experiencing how it gets all dark and shit. Just to feed off the excitement. 

Of course those that gravitate towards bongs are going to do that, they were going to anyway. Now they can say they got stoned during an eclipse.

They are hardly the majority.

I would say the OP isn't any fun at parties but he doesn't seem the type to go, which is good because he would just be a party pooper. 

I found a pic of OP

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:09:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Those pics make me wish the moon was a giant magnifying glass.

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:11:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Why are you fixated on bongs? I'm willing to bet the vast majority of people excited to witness in some way a total eclipse will not have a bong. Lots of parents and kids. Lots of working people who took the day off. 

Even the working people are going to go outside at some time, if not to look at it somehow just to be with other people looking at it, or experiencing how it gets all dark and shit. Just to feed off the excitement. 

Of course those that gravitate towards bongs are going to do that, they were going to anyway. Now they can say they got stoned during an eclipse.

They are hardly the majority.

I would say the OP isn't any fun at parties but he doesn't seem the type to go, which is good because he would just be a party pooper. 

I found a pic of OP

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/7067/4998d62bc50def5b1858de63c591d433be87eba4f55557ca2de19ed4ccec17d0-285978.JPG
View Quote
DANG!

Don't get all fired up - didn't mean to cross your tracks.

You don't know shit about smokin' dope.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:16:52 AM EDT
[#23]
EVERYONE MUST BE MISERABLE LIKE ME
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:19:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:20:55 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm thinkin' the bottom line is:

I should go have fun

I know the Antifa will present me with a " HIT " or two.. just to be cordial.   To be " one of them ".

Experience tells me it's all about living free - having fun, no matter what -

I should forget these are the same MF's that throw shit and protest our National Heritage.

Is that correct ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:23:48 AM EDT
[#26]
How many beers tonight
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:27:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

See whudda mean?

Maybe we, at ARCOM have the wrong mindset.

It's all about FUN man...
View Quote
Well if they walk around naked and stoned....
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:29:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Planet Earth - they like that shit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:35:42 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I should go have fun

I know the Antifa will present me with a " HIT " or two.. just to be cordial.   To be " one of them ".

I should forget these are the same MF's that throw shit and protest our National Heritage.

Is that correct ARFCOM?
View Quote
Stop being a dick.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:39:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

She must be the babe at 2 o'clock...

nice
View Quote
Nah,  she would have 3 girls in-tow if that was the case. 

Damnedest thing, she said last night when going to bed that the girls wanted to see the eclipse.   She woke up,  bought the tickets this a.m. and bailed.

Cool, i guess.  I'm just not that into it.

I am bailing on her next month a solo cross country trek to catch two more Gn'R shows in three days. 

We like what we like i guess,  and have been blessed enough to get to indulge it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:42:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Nah,  she would have 3 girls in-tow if that was the case. 

Damnedest thing, she said last night when going to bed that the girls wanted to see the eclipse.   She woke up,  bought the tickets this a.m. and bailed.

Cool, i guess.  I'm just not that into it.

I am bailing on her next month a solo cross country trek to catch two more Gn'R shows in three days. 

We like what we like i guess,  and have been blessed enough to get to indulge it.
View Quote
Good for you avslash

Live life to the max, independent is what you are.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:42:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like a blast. Fight traffic to go hang with a bunch naked or cross dressing metrosexual dudes, with a sprinkling of ugly, fat, hairy armpit "girls". Woohoo!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:43:07 AM EDT
[#33]
 might I suggest pursuing the skinny hippie chics after your bong hits. 

Fat hippie ass is a real buzzkill.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:46:59 AM EDT
[#34]
 I'm not a leftist,  by any stretch, but I will speak truth to power.

The "hippies" know how to party, and generally do a better job of it.

Sorry if that offends anyone back in Muskogee...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:50:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Looks like a blast. Fight traffic to go hang with a bunch naked or cross dressing metrosexual dudes, with a sprinkling of ugly, fat, hairy armpit "girls". Woohoo!
View Quote
Know how I know that you've been to Portland's nude beach?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:57:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Stop being a dick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should go have fun

Is that correct ARFCOM?
Stop being a dick.
No no, let him continue. It's funny watching someone make sociopolitical projections over a natural phenomenon. And equating enjoyment with being a terrorist.

There is a whole philosophy, maybe even a religion, that consider any kind of joy happiness or pleasure as bad, and from the devil. The term escapes me at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:59:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Know how I know that you've been to Portland's nude beach?
View Quote
I almost added that it looked similar to my last visit to the Saturday Market down there. Lol!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Some people have planned ahead and turned it into a little vacation. I wish I was one of those. Sounds fun.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:05:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No no, let him continue. It's funny watching someone make sociopolitical projections over a natural phenomenon. And equating enjoyment with being a terrorist.

There is a whole philosophy, maybe even a religion, that consider any kind of joy happiness or pleasure as bad, and from the devil. The term escapes me at the moment.
View Quote
Social political projections is you que.

Most of you guys reading this thread, should understand that I appreciate and admire the independence some of you have.

I would have loved to have gone places, experienced all kinds of shit - but was tied to duty...  ( payin' bills - taxes - shit at home stuff ) all my life..

Now, I see millions of liberals joining into an event, without financial regard, such as this, and it's hard to comprehend the expense.

Really?

Spend a shit ton a vacation to hum with the hippies?

Run an EBT and Visa Gold till you're dead.

gitarmac - why hang out in ARFCOM if you are leftist?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:07:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Some people have planned ahead and turned it into a little vacation. I wish I was one of those. Sounds fun.
View Quote
sorry you're are offended ..

very defensive.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:15:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Gotcha
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:26:34 AM EDT
[#42]
So this thread is where the poor people hang out and get pissed they have to drive a garbage truck tomorrow?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:27:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
 I'm not a leftist,  by any stretch, but I will speak truth to power.

The "hippies" know how to party, and generally do a better job of it.

Sorry if that offends anyone back in Muskogee...
View Quote
Yes they do ...

This thread splits the line -

Party - join in - smoke some " good shit " - live life - fug some dummy's - get laid.

Or  ....

Realize that your taxes feed this, while you work?

Later, they are in the street demanding change and burning shit.

Don't be late on that 1040 - or we'll lock your fuggin' checking account.

But then again " I'm a DICK "
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:29:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Social political projections is you que.

Most of you guys reading this thread, should understand that I appreciate and admire the independence some of you have.

I would have loved to have gone places, experienced all kinds of shit - but was tied to duty...  ( payin' bills - shit at home stuff ) all my life..

Now, I see millions of liberals joining into an event, without financial regard, such as this, and it's hard to comprehend the expense.

Really?

Spend a shit ton a vacation to hum with the hippies?

Run an EBT and Visa Gold till you're dead.

gitarmac - why hang out in ARFCOM if you are leftist?
View Quote
Oh, you had to work and pay bills!

Well, shit I'm sorry. Seeing as how I'm lucky to have a silver spoon up my ass and someone else to pick ip my tab.

Oh, hold on a second...that working thing is all I've done my whole life. That and raise kids with my wife of 28 years and I still don't get all butt hurt because someone else has fun differently than I might.

Just relax, and as long as someone else isn't harming anyone leave them alone.

If you're that unhappy with how you live your life, I urge you to join me in my own search on how to change it without selling out.

It's a pretty interesting project, and I've found that you can't find your own happiness by believing that everyone else has to change for you.

Get over it and focus on your own life. But for Christ's sake, climb off the cross and just breathe a little.

I mean this in the most constructive and supportive way I possibly can to someone I only know from the internet:

Please stop being a dick. Relax, enjoy your life and let others enjoy theirs. The only person paying the emotional bill is you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:30:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Me too - maybe I should do a complete re-assessment.

Get NAKED and go.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:38:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Oh, you had to work and pay bills!

Well, shit I'm sorry. Seeing as how I'm lucky to have a silver spoon up my ass and someone else to pick ip my tab.

Oh, hold on a second...that working thing is all I've done my whole life. That and raise kids with my wife of 28 years and I still don't get all butt hurt because someone else has fun differently than I might.

Just relax, and as long as someone else isn't harming anyone leave them alone.

If you're that unhappy with how you live your life, I urge you to join me in my own search on how to change it without selling out.

It's a pretty interesting project, and I've found that you can't find your own happiness by believing that everyone else has to change for you.

Get over it and focus on your own life. But for Christ's sake, climb off the cross and just breathe a little.

I mean this in the most constructive and supportive way I possibly can to someone I only know from the internet:

Please stop being a dick. Relax, enjoy your life and let others enjoy theirs. The only person paying the emotional bill is you.
View Quote
Thanks Soylent - you got good brains.

eta: I'm gonna be a DICK if I'm floating freeloaders and Anti American Heritage.
These MF's are all in the same nest.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:41:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Posted just anger OP's blood!

Meet Digital Nomads living their dream life in Bali - interview with Lydia Lee
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:44:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Posted just anger OP's blood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLhoSSRIIPc
View Quote
Maybe you can get a job selling trinkets and horseshit to Libs..  

YOU'LL BE A FUGGIN MILLIONAIRE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZthGh758pYY
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:50:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Do I see floppy titties on the chick on the left in the green pants?  In the last pic.  I can't quite tell.
View Quote
Yes lol
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:09:17 AM EDT
[#50]
I'll let this rest for now.

You guys think about it.

Go that way - have fun - associate - mingle - burn some - snort a little - become one.

Realize you've crossed the line

They are all LIBERALS.

- NO SHIT -
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top