Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's wrong with that? At least it doesn't have fake scoops and vents like they used too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It looks like someone told a designer to make it “more aggressive” and the designer didn’t really know what to do so they just of pinched things to make the car look angrier. It doesn’t really look purposeful or fit with the initial style of the car, it really looks like they just wanted something that looked angrier. 
What's wrong with that? At least it doesn't have fake scoops and vents like they used too.
By itself, nothing. The initial S550 though, as the first of the “world car” Mustangs, had a really European look to it. It’s not hard to see a lot of Jag/Aston influence in the design. It all looked purposeful and the European influence in the design made sense to mark the Mustang’s push into new markets and also to celebrate the progress from a straight-axle muscle car (I know, pony car) to something with a truly modern chassis that really does stand up to the more “advanced” European performance cars. Everyone knows that a few years in a model will be due for a refresh, but I think they missed the mark here as the new styling elements don’t really fit the theme of the car. It’s like they were looking at the 6th gen Camaro when they refreshed the Mustang and while the Camaro is a fine car I think there are relatively few people who considered it better looking than the first S550 cars. 

As for the scoops/vents I agree completely. Fake stuff is lame as fuck. The S550 didn’t have any of that though so we can’t really use that as an issue here. 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Dual Injection should eliminate the valve deposit issues of Direct Injection.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
We have not started to build the 18 for sale yet. Plant is 2 wks on 2wks off. Launch delayed
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The 2018's have an all digital dash too.

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We have not started to build the 18 for sale yet. Plant is 2 wks on 2wks off. Launch delayed
View Quote
How big of an upset is it, when you have to switch over to a new model?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Not really that big of a deal, planned out months in advance
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It looks like someone told a designer to make it “more aggressive” and the designer didn’t really know what to do so they just of pinched things to make the car look angrier. It doesn’t really look purposeful or fit with the initial style of the car, it really looks like they just wanted something that looked angrier. 
View Quote
That's funny that you used the word "pinched", that's exactly what I was thinking.

Not really digging it.

It reminds me of this:

*runs*
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:59:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agreed. It doesn't look better. It just looks different...and slightly worse.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Thank goodness Chevy brought back the Camaro, never would have seen the current gains without the competition.
View Quote
That's the truth.  Active exhaust, magnaride shocks, and the power bump are all very clearly to compete with the Camaro.  Unfortunately, those options look to pretty much erase the price advantage the Mustang currently has over a comparable Camaro.  I'm really interested to see what the perf pack 2 brings (no details on that yet, AFAIK).  

I do think the new front end (and the optional spoiler) are marginally less attractive than the current version--but not really enough to matter.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The performance pack.  Got mine earlier this year for $30,500.  Don't consider it a great deal but one I can live with for the car I wanted.  Even had it in my color.
View Quote
That seems like you did real good.  I just went to a dealership and I don't think they'll swing a performance pack 2017 for that much but I didn't really try hard.  

They had a 2016 with 8,000 miles, 6 speed, track pack, tinted windows, ground effects and flowmaster exhaust.  Just got it in today. He asked 33k and said he might be able to drop to 31k if it sits a while.  I offered 28.5k and he said no but he took my phone number.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

True. 4-cylinder BMW 3 series are 3800 pounds now
View Quote
Goddamn, that's what my Cadillac weighs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:31:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The killer is that you have to get a $2,000 option 301A to get the magnetic suspension.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Base GT with PP still is 39,990 sticker, you don't need all the bells and whistles to get the PP.
The killer is that you have to get a $2,000 option 301A to get the magnetic suspension.
Only thing I'm really interested in on them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:05:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That seems like you did real good.  I just went to a dealership and I don't think they'll swing a performance pack 2017 for that much but I didn't really try hard.  

They had a 2016 with 8,000 miles, 6 speed, track pack, tinted windows, ground effects and flowmaster exhaust.  Just got it in today. He asked 33k and said he might be able to drop to 31k if it sits a while.  I offered 28.5k and he said no but he took my phone number.  
View Quote
Keep an eye on Fords site, they'll list current offers and incentives and they're constantly changing.  What they list now is kinda crappy but earlier in the year they were decent.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:09:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
18s have a lot more power from a new fuel delivery setup and they have a ten speed auto. Lots of tweaks to the performance offerings also but my guess is that if those mattered to you, you'd be willing to pay for the 18.
View Quote
When you post this kind of thing, more power, ten speed auto, tweaks, etc.  You endanger a lot of people's financial situation but enhance the possibility of their joy.  Please continue.  Well done.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:44:18 AM EDT
[#15]
http://www.lebanonford.com/the-727-hp-mustang.htm

Lebanon Ford Performance (LFP) has found a way to build a 727 horsepower - 2017 Mustang GT for:  $39,995. This is not a misprint and you are not buying a pre-owned vehicle. This is a brand new, 2017 GT with a ROUSH Phase 2 Supercharger.   When we are finished, you are a set of tires, a few suspension tweaks and a good driver away from a 10.95 quarter mile.....
View Quote
Dumb question on the performance pack versions...does that mean they come with Brembro brakes (at all 4 corners)?

I am thinking my 2015 GT is a "premium pack"
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:48:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Here on St. Louis Craig's List there was a dealer selling a GT350 for $53K.

My local dealer has a 350...possibly a 350 R...with something like an extra 40K tacked on for market adjustment.  so that brought the total sticker to 110K.

That's fucking nuts!
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:21:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Dumb question on the performance pack versions...does that mean they come with Brembro brakes (at all 4 corners)?

View Quote
17 GT PP includes:
• 19" X 9" (F) 19” X 9.5” (R) Ebony Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels
• 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R (R) Summer Only Tires
• Brembo™ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors
• "Engine Turn" Aluminum Instrument Panel
• Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
• Heavy-Duty Front Springs
• K-Brace
• Larger Radiator
• Spoiler Delete  
• Strut-tower Brace
• Unique Chassis Tuning
• Upsized Rear Sway Bar
• Unique Stability Control, EPAS & ABS Tuning
• TORSEN® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What's the cheapest track ready GT cost right now?
View Quote
I paid 32 for my 2017 GT Performance pack  Threw another couple hundred for GT350R springs.  I regularly run her on the track and autocross.  Handles better than my 2013 Boss 302
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:08:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I never cared for digital gauges. Don't think I ever will. Pass.
View Quote
I hate '80s style digital numeric gauges. They don't seem to register as fast at a glance, plus they look cheesy. These analog style digitals are pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Wait for closeouts on the 2018 next year. 25hp more, MagnaRide suspension, launch control, active exhaust, stealth mode for the neighborhood, lower hood profile, LED lights and much more. I've been waiting to get one for a year now. Waiting for the upgrades. May have to wait until 2019 because I really want green and there is none offered.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
I've always been a techie so I really like them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:58:08 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a 2010 V6 with 150K.  I figured I can get a few more years on it as it has been trouble free to this point, but I was debating pulling the trigger on a close out 2017 V6 if the price was right.  

If they start dropping below 20K when the 2018's hit the lot, I may move up my time for replacing mine.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have a 2010 V6 with 150K.  I figured I can get a few more years on it as it has been trouble free to this point, but I was debating pulling the trigger on a close out 2017 V6 if the price was right.  

If they start dropping below 20K when the 2018's hit the lot, I may move up my time for replacing mine.
View Quote
Since the V6 is being dropped I expect those prices to be hit hardest.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'll go be poor somewhere else.  I like my car payment at $0/mo, or as close as possible
View Quote
I hear ya!  Wouldn't it be nice, though to pick one up?  
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:40:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lebanon Ford Performance (LFP) has found a way to build a 727 horsepower - 2017 Mustang GT for:  $39,995. This is not a misprint and you are not buying a pre-owned vehicle. This is a brand new, 2017 GT with a ROUSH Phase 2 Supercharger.   When we are finished, you are a set of tires, a few suspension tweaks and a good driver away from a 10.95 quarter mile.....

You can have the dealer install a Roush Supercharger on new Mustangs, buddy of mine just did it. it was $7,000 for the Roush Phase 1 SC, $1,100 for installation and another $900 for the Roush warranty (Installing a SC voids your Ford warranty), total of about $9,500.

It's really not a bad deal. I almost did it, you just go to the dealer, pick your car then have them install the SC.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
you have to buy the package. Without it, the gauges will look just like the current s550.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Should we see some pretty big cuts on the price of the '17s? My wife wants a mustang and she honestly won't know the difference between the two, lol.
View Quote

I wouldnt say huge cuts.   Maybe in some V6 models but not likely on a Premium GT Perf Pack.

They can afford to hang onto them and wait for the next idiot to come along.

I bought a 2015 GT Perf Pack almost 2 years ago to the day.   Was the first time they offered 0% financing ppus any incentives at all.   I know they got their profit from me on the 0% but I made a huge down payment to bring the monthly down and I will be paid off in 5 years instead of 6.

I wound up out the door all fees/taxes paid for just under MSRP.

The 2017s may retain some value as the 2018 is ugly as shit.   Mustang6g is banning people(me) if you say you dont like it(i maybe mentioned it 3 times over 3 months).

The 2018 will be a beast, expensive beast, if you do 10spd auto with full perf pack.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#29]
May look at an eco boost somewhere down the line...... like to have one and do some mods to get the extra oomph
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Same.    I could do digital if it mimics the analog style.

But all the changing layout crap depending on modes?   Nope.

I also hate the push button start on my 2015 GT.   And absolutely detest the shit audio quality of the "premium" sound system.   It is shit, absolute outright shit.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't think there is a meaner sounding car on the road right now than a 5.0 with an exhaust.  It sounds evil like you are unleashing the gates of hell.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't think there is a meaner sounding car on the road right now than a 5.0 with an exhaust.  It sounds evil like you are unleashing the gates of hell.
View Quote
I think the Voodoo is angrier.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think the Voodoo is angrier.
View Quote
Close enough.  The Fords have always sounded better than the GMs.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mine's got JBA long tube headers and an x-pipe. It puts a smile on my face every time I nail it. Angry growl. My wife says it's my "get the fuck out of my way" chorus. 
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My wife has a '16. She got 1,200 off and 0% for six years last year.  

Went to two dealers here on Long Island last week and all they are offering is 2K off and 0% for three years.

I'm waiting for the '18.
View Quote
To get THC best deal you have got to be willing to travel.

I flew to Ohio to save $4k+ on my wife's Acadia.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hellcats sound amazing. They are everywhere here in the Detroit area. I have been hanging out at Woodward cruise every night this week and have heard probably 100 of them accelerating HARD.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
My 5.2 sounds pretty nice stock. 
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My 5.2 sounds pretty nice stock. 
View Quote
I bet.

I was standing behind the 2016 5.0 with the flowmassahs at the dealer last night when he fired it up and it was surprisingly loud.  It should save lots of lives.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I like it...nice touches to an already good design.

On a slightly different note, why are all the cars designed to look pissed off all the time.

lol
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Since the V6 is being dropped I expect those prices to be hit hardest.
View Quote
I sure hope you are correct.  I love the V6, it's a great balance between power and fuel efficiency.  I have never once felt that I wanted or needed more power that my current 210hp Mustang could deliver.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Here's a nice little feature on the 2018's

2018 Ford Mustang GT Quiet Exhaust Start Mode
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#42]
It isn't like F-150's where dealers stock a bunch of them either, so there won't be as many to blow out to make room for the new ones.

Fiance wants one, cosmetically (aside from the interior) they are moving away from what I like, they are doing the same with trucks too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Here's a nice little feature on the 2018's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJulY3_dGMc
View Quote
Interdasting.  I wonder if that is being done with a valve in the exhaust.  

This one sounds just like the one I heard yesterday. I think it sounds just about perfect.  I like loud.

2015 Mustang GT Flowmaster Outlaw
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I sure hope you are correct.  I love the V6, it's a great balance between power and fuel efficiency.  I have never once felt that I wanted or needed more power that my current 210hp Mustang could deliver.
View Quote
The newer ones are 300hp.

I watched a two week old '11 3.7 automatic and stupid high highway gears thrash to late model GTO's (LS1 or LS2 cars) in the 1/8th mile when the 3.7 cars first came out, it has hilarious.  They might have taken him in the quarter but in the 1/8th they didn't have a chance.  Just a boring gray base Mustang.

Fiance wants an '18, I like the interiors of the 15+ but otherwise they are far from my favorite generation of Mustang.  Too much Beemer and Eclipse in the exterior styling.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I wouldnt say huge cuts.   Maybe in some V6 models but not likely on a Premium GT Perf Pack.

They can afford to hang onto them and wait for the next idiot to come along.

I bought a 2015 GT Perf Pack almost 2 years ago to the day.   Was the first time they offered 0% financing ppus any incentives at all.   I know they got their profit from me on the 0% but I made a huge down payment to bring the monthly down and I will be paid off in 5 years instead of 6.

I wound up out the door all fees/taxes paid for just under MSRP.

The 2017s may retain some value as the 2018 is ugly as shit.   Mustang6g is banning people(me) if you say you dont like it(i maybe mentioned it 3 times over 3 months).

The 2018 will be a beast, expensive beast, if you do 10spd auto with full perf pack.
View Quote
They were knocking $6500 off of the '16s last year, when the '17s came out. I had a deal made, but she couldn't make up her mind on the color and they sold it. She wants a loaded GT automatic, which aren't very common. Plenty of base model GTs though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Damn near everything is a lard ass nowadays.
View Quote
Are you aware that there are cars in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those cars. She is a truck that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those carsI am 6'4" 2045lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Keep an eye on Fords site, they'll list current offers and incentives and they're constantly changing.  What they list now is kinda crappy but earlier in the year they were decent.  Good luck.
View Quote
I've been keeping an eye on it!  

That salesman trying to sell the 2016 GT with 8,000 miles called back wondering if I could come up, and he come down, on price before it gets away from me.  I didn't joinder.

I'm seeing equivalent ones on Auto Trader for about 28k.  Maybe add $500-$1000 because it has the track pack.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
My 1987 LX 5.0 with Flowmasters sounded like a lion of the road. So many people commented on the sound of the exhaust. It was louder than stock, but not too loud, and had a roar to it that nothing else had at the time.

Sold it in '00 when my wife was pregnant with our first child. Still miss that car.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

17 GT PP includes:
• 19" X 9" (F) 19” X 9.5” (R) Ebony Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels
• 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R (R) Summer Only Tires
• Brembo™ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors
• "Engine Turn" Aluminum Instrument Panel
• Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
• Heavy-Duty Front Springs
• K-Brace
• Larger Radiator
• Spoiler Delete  
• Strut-tower Brace
• Unique Chassis Tuning
• Upsized Rear Sway Bar
• Unique Stability Control, EPAS & ABS Tuning
• TORSEN® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio  
View Quote
I'm seriously thinking about a 2018 GT with the Performance Pack.  I had thought of getting a 2017 in the end of year sales, but the wait will be worth it.

The new 2018 engine configuration with direct inject + port injection and compression raised to 12:1 will result in a Mustang GT with 460HP & 420 Ft/Lbs of torque.
Add to that the GT-350's magnetic ride suspension plus the 2017 Performance Package features and you'll have a Mustang GT with 9/10ths of the performance of a 2017 GT-350.

Sounds like 2018 is going to be the Year of the Mustang.  There are already reports and videos of 5.0 Mustang GTs with the 10-speed automatic turning sub-4 second 0 to 60mph times.

And it will get better for Mustang fans.  Because waiting in the wings for mid-year release is the 720HP, twin turbo 5.0 powered GT-500.   With the new 10-speed automatic that thing should set 0 to 60 and quarter mile numbers nobody has dreamed that a showroom stock car could ever do.

Video:  2018 Mustang runs 3.8 second 0-60mph

Video:  2018 Mustang release information
2018 Ford Mustang GT: HORSEPOWER REVEALED (Everything We Know)
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#50]
These HP wars are making it really hard to pass up the american shitboxes that every hillbilly drives.  

My shortlist for my next car; NSX, Lotus Exige, BMW M2 (currently have a 335i). But when you're up in the 7-800s for hp... Jesus, thats hard to pass up. It makes me want to reassess my list. The ZL1 and this new Mustang... crazy.

Corvette needs to finally go mid engineed, then I actually would jump ship.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top