Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/16/2017 1:38:51 PM EDT
Should we see some pretty big cuts on the price of the '17s? My wife wants a mustang and she honestly won't know the difference between the two, lol.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Should we see some pretty big cuts on the price of the '17s? My wife wants a mustang and she honestly won't know the difference between the two, lol.
View Quote

They are $10k off msrp right now, not going down too much more than that, but they will drop a little more.  That also means desirable combos will be harder to get, so pick your poison.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#2]
18s have a lot more power from a new fuel delivery setup and they have a ten speed auto. Lots of tweaks to the performance offerings also but my guess is that if those mattered to you, you'd be willing to pay for the 18.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They are $10k off msrp right now, not going down too much more than that, but they will drop a little more.  That also means desirable combos will be harder to get, so pick your poison.
View Quote
Where are you seeing 10k off? I sell them and I'm not seeing that. At least in my area there is a $2000 rebate and that's it unless you get the military or first responder rebate.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Where are you seeing 10k off? I sell them and I'm not seeing that. At least in my area there is a $2000 rebate and that's it unless you get the military or first responder rebate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All over the country.  I was going to buy one about 2 weeks ago for $9600 under sticker.  39xxx down to 30xxx
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
18s have a lot more power from a new fuel delivery setup and they have a ten speed auto. Lots of tweaks to the performance offerings also but my guess is that if those mattered to you, you'd be willing to pay for the 18.
View Quote
Ford Performance’s Power Pack 2 gets you the same HP/TQ as the 2018 and you can keep your warranty. The new auto is nice if you want an auto, if you’re interested in a manual though obviously it won’t matter. The new gauge setup is nice. Unfortunately the 2018 looks retarded. 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:53:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

All over the country.  I was going to buy one about 2 weeks ago for $9600 under sticker.  39xxx down to 30xxx
View Quote
Maybe I should send a hauler to your place. I do not know how they are getting it that low. I can't buy one that cheap on d-plan. Do you get something like the focus owner loyalty or some other certificate like that?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
My wife won't notice the difference. If it was for me, I'd definitely get the '18, lol.

As for current deals, I'm not seeing anything great locally.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:00:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe I should send a hauler to your place. I do not know how they are getting it that low. I can't buy one that cheap on d-plan. Do you get something like the focus owner loyalty or some other certificate like that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol no.  The one I was looking at sold, but here is a slightly more optioned one that I looked at as well.  They added $500 on to that price for not qualifying for one of the offers though.

https://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=457103995&zip=19044&endYear=2017&pageLayout=list&sortBy=distanceASC&startYear=2017&listingTypes=new&engineGroup=8CLDR&searchRadius=500&mmt=%5BFORD%5BMUST%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:01:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ford Performance’s Power Pack 2 gets you the same HP/TQ as the 2018 and you can keep your warranty. The new auto is nice if you want an auto, if you’re interested in a manual though obviously it won’t matter. The new gauge setup is nice. Unfortunately the 2018 looks retarded. 
View Quote
Or put a power pack on the 18 and have over 500.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Wasn't aware of the redesign:

Don't know if I like that squinty look of the '18.

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It isn’t available. In any case, my point was just that you could do it, and if you can scoop a ‘17 for a better price then you can have the same power in a better looking car for less money. Obviously if the new auto or gauges matter to the buyer then that has to be taken into account too. 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#13]
No more V6.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It isn’t available. In any case, my point was just that you could do it, and if you can scoop a ‘17 for a better price then you can have the same power in a better looking car for less money. Obviously if the new auto or gauges matter to the buyer then that has to be taken into account too. 
View Quote
Soon.

The big thing is the fuel system is new. Port and DI.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Soon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Soon.

With the Port and DI setup, the potential for further power gains should be easier to achieve as well.

Thank goodness Chevy brought back the Camaro, never would have seen the current gains without the competition.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Choke yourself!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Choke yourself!
View Quote
I don't want an auto. But I don't want a mustang either that's a fat pony.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

With the Port and DI setup, the potential for further power gains should be easier to achieve as well.

Thank goodness Chevy brought back the Camaro, never would have seen the current gains without the competition.
View Quote
Now if only they'd slap a twin scroll turbo on the 5.0 and have an ecoboost 8.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#19]
... shouldn't buy new-year anything, let fanbois beta test
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lol no.  The one I was looking at sold, but here is a slightly more optioned one that I looked at as well.  They added $500 on to that price for not qualifying for one of the offers though.

https://m.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=457103995&zip=19044&endYear=2017&pageLayout=list&sortBy=distanceASC&startYear=2017&listingTypes=new&engineGroup=8CLDR&searchRadius=500&mmt=%5BFORD%5BMUST%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D
View Quote
I'm looking at their car now. If you took all the holdback out, plus all the rebates they list in their disclaimer you still aren't at their price. Also, like $1500 worth of rebates that are listed in that ad aren't around anymore. Like I said, I don't think they are really selling the car for that price.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn near everything is a lard ass nowadays.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#22]
What's the cheapest track ready GT cost right now?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
... shouldn't buy new-year anything, let fanbois beta test
View Quote
Not much on it is actually new.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True but the Mustang did put on far too many pounds, with the move to the IRS.

Here is hoping that the next generation will move to aluminum and be more weight conscious in design.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:24:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What's the cheapest track ready GT cost right now?
View Quote
The straight kind or the bendy kind?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The straight kind or the bendy kind?
View Quote
bendy.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed. I saw the other day the GT40 kits assembled are about 2500 pounds. I need a shop.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
bendy.
View Quote
Sticker around 50k.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have you checked the nearest crowd of people?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sticker around 50k.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
bendy.
Sticker around 50k.
How do you figure? I’ve seen ecoboosts on track and while I’d argue the PP on a GT would be ideal (for cooling mainly) you certainly don’t need to spend a ton for something workable. A GT PP car is well under $40k. 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I've had my eye on this 2017 GT with 6-speed manual, staggered tires and 3.73 Torsen differential.  They have it listed for $2k off at $35k but I want to pay $30k.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
True. 4-cylinder BMW 3 series are 3800 pounds now
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How do you figure? I’ve seen ecoboosts on track and while I’d argue the PP on a GT would be ideal (for cooling mainly) you certainly don’t need to spend a ton for something workable. A GT PP car is well under $40k. 
View Quote
True. I assumed PP and GT.

Although if it wasn't going to be the latest and greatest I'd buy used.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:01:00 PM EDT
[#34]
I like that guys that constantly complain that the Mustang has 'put on too many pounds' when just about every successive year has been heavier, but has also been faster in a straight line and on the track in almost every regard.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Base GT with PP still is 39,990 sticker, you don't need all the bells and whistles to get the PP.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
$25k for a V8? What are you smoking.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I like that guys that constantly complain that the Mustang has 'put on too many pounds' when just about every successive year has been heavier, but has also been faster in a straight line and on the track in almost every regard.
View Quote
Yet it feels heavier at the same time.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Base GT with PP still is 39,990 sticker, you don't need all the bells and whistles to get the PP.
View Quote
The killer is that you have to get a $2,000 option 301A to get the magnetic suspension.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can get a GT for $28k.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've had my eye on this 2017 GT with 6-speed manual, staggered tires and 3.73 Torsen differential.  They have it listed for $2k off at $35k but I want to pay $30k.  
View Quote
The performance pack.  Got mine earlier this year for $30,500.  Don't consider it a great deal but one I can live with for the car I wanted.  Even had it in my color.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The killer is that you have to get a $2,000 option 301A to get the magnetic suspension.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure but that still puts the sticker at 43,685, far below your 50k sticker statement.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A buddy of mine just picked up a really nice '17 performance pack car with the big brakes and all the go fast shit on it for around 31K.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll go be poor somewhere else.  I like my car payment at $0/mo, or as close as possible
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup.  It's what one of my troops paid earlier this year for a base GT.  I expect by the end of the year you'll be able to get one a little cheaper still.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I saw this on my way home the other day, couldn't get a picture of the front.  Looks to be a 2018 GT350. 
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's the only thing I'm not really sure about on the new cars. New=left, old=right.

ETA: http://www.carscoops.com/2017/01/2018-vs-2017-ford-mustang-poll-photo.html

Not to say it looks bad...

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote
It looks like someone told a designer to make it “more aggressive” and the designer didn’t really know what to do so they just of pinched things to make the car look angrier. It doesn’t really look purposeful or fit with the initial style of the car, it really looks like they just wanted something that looked angrier. 
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Wasn't aware of the redesign:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--RucIHJ_1--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/ynih1vqajokdbchuruzq.jpg

View Quote
I sure as hell do! That's got to be the best looking modern Mustang yet!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It looks like someone told a designer to make it “more aggressive” and the designer didn’t really know what to do so they just of pinched things to make the car look angrier. It doesn’t really look purposeful or fit with the initial style of the car, it really looks like they just wanted something that looked angrier. 
View Quote
What's wrong with that? At least it doesn't have fake scoops and vents like they used too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top