Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't tried the coffee, but Leadslinger Whisky is fucking terrible.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:02:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thankful? What does that have to do with anything in the business world?.....Are you going to pay more for a run of the mill product that offers nothing more than another manufacturer can offer for much less just because a vet had a hand in it?  That sounds more like enabling mediocrity to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People have become millionaires just selling good feelings, collecting donations for "veteran" charities. Everyone involved in Wounded Warrior, for example, is set for multiple lifetimes.

I guess we should be thankful these guys are at least offering a product to go with it.
Thankful? What does that have to do with anything in the business world?.....Are you going to pay more for a run of the mill product that offers nothing more than another manufacturer can offer for much less just because a vet had a hand in it?  That sounds more like enabling mediocrity to me.
To a large degree you aren't wrong. I am inclined to give a vet owned business the benefit of the doubt although a good rule of thumb is that if a business really pushes the vet or Christian thing you should beware.

Now in the case of a company like Alpha Coffee who sends coffee to deployed troops or BRCC who donates to veteran, LEO, and gun rights causes I am willing to spend a little more.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
I didn't think it was that bad. I was actually surprised. It was way too expensive though. I'll never buy another bottle of it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I always found BRCC to be pretty decent coffee.  Though I'd agree, they have a heck of a marketing scheme and their prices and shipping are high.  I'm surprised I don't hear more about Alpha coffee, that used to be Lock and Load Java.  For those looking to support veteran owned companies it's another good choice.  We've always like their coffee a lot and it was traditionally a bit cheaper.
View Quote
Never heard of them.. just placed an order, seems promising! 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I own a small BBQ shack in a small town.  When I say small, my kitchen is 200sf and dining room (including front counter, drink station and waitress station) is 400sf.  My profit margins are much less than these guys and I can find room donate far more than 5% to worthy causes.
View Quote
More importantly, what kind of sauce do you make?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I own a small BBQ shack in a small town.  When I say small, my kitchen is 200sf and dining room (including front counter, drink station and waitress station) is 400sf.  My profit margins are much less than these guys and I can find room donate far more than 5% to worthy causes.
If it's some mustard/vinegar based stuff, log out and don't log back in.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm going down to the brick and mortar store tomorrow to grab a couple more bags, I can print off this post and hand deliver it to them if you'd like.

I like it, and since they're local to me they tend to be much fresher than the local grocery stores. I also usually end up buying one bag and leaving with a second one for free, so it ends up being cheaper for me than other options.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I didn't think it was that bad. I was actually surprised. It was way too expensive though. I'll never buy another bottle of it.
View Quote
Tasted like green apple and rubbing alcohol to me, sucked badly.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Only one "never heard of them" in five pages, that's better than Taylor Swift. They must be doing something right.
View Quote
Never heard of them outside of Arfcom.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#11]
6.5/10
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:21:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I tried the coffee , it was okay but I do not drink a lot of coffee. The Whisky is not good. I bought a bottle and tried it. I still have most of it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:06:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I tried the coffee , it was okay but I do not drink a lot of coffee. The Whisky is not good. I bought a bottle and tried it. I still have most of it.
View Quote
There are probably a lot of people who have bought a bottle of Leadslingers whiskey.   You can probably count on one hand the number of people who have bought a second bottle.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There are probably a lot of people who have bought a bottle of Leadslingers whiskey.   You can probably count on one hand the number of people who have bought a second bottle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/12/2017 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Dredging this thread up.  BRCC is emailing a survey request. Survey is retardedly long but gave me the opportunity to add comments, so I copy/pasted the OP.

Complete the survey and they'll give you a $10 BRCC or Amazon gift card.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dredging this thread up.  BRCC is emailing a survey request. Survey is retardedly long but gave me the opportunity to add comments, so I copy/pasted the OP.

Complete the survey and they'll give you a $10 BRCC or Amazon gift card.
View Quote
To bad they don't have midol on their page for ya
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I like their coffee. My wife likes their coffee. We drink a cup or two every morning. My personal favorite is the AK-47 blend.

It doesn't cost any more than the good coffee I used to buy from the local hipster coffee place. Shipping is basically a wash with the sales tax I'd be paying locally.

I have so far resisted their expensive merch. I fully understand that it's a big part of their brand strategy, but I don't advertise my interest in firearms except when I'm already at the range.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You know they have a Facebook page that they respond to very quickly, I looked and didn't see your rant there. I assume you emailed as well?

If not STFU you're just another whiney dude on the internet. Tell them so you know they know what their customers want or you know post about it on a completely unrelated forum that they likely dont even read.
View Quote
Shots fired
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Overhyped coffee.
View Quote
Better than Starcucks 
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not really. The bigger the bag of coffee the more shitty stale coffe you drink to finish off the bag. My guess is that if they made 16oz bags the next rant would be OMG why did you raise your prices.
View Quote
You are aware coffee is shipped in bulk 50 pound bags right?
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#21]
[facepalm]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:26:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I know you fuckers read this site. Listen up. Quit with the fucking spam email product announcements about your latest trucker hat or three pronged dildo.  Get some motherfucking focus on your motherfucking core business: coffee.

Sell bigger bags of fucking coffee, not this limp dick 12oz bullshit.  Maybe have your husband explain to you that he lied about how long 8 inches is and figure out that nobody wants a soda can sized (12oz) bag of coffee.  Sell it by the pound like fucking men.  Impress your parents and sell it in 5 pound bags, god damnit.  

Respectfully,
dillehayd

P.S. Fuck off with your subscription bullshit too. I want a good pot of coffee not some jelly of the month wanna-be retreated marketing reach around bullshit, dicksucks!
View Quote

He's right you know.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:32:20 PM EDT
[#23]
The white knights in this thread lulz
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The white knights in this thread lulz
View Quote
Yeah no shit. I was going to try this coffee until I read this thread. It was actually the fanboys, not the detractors, whose nonsense convinced me not to.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Make those big bags and sell them at Sam's Club, or maybe EE at a fair price.  I get Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, etc. from Sam's.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:27:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
http://dailycoffeenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/costco_coffee.jpeg

Costco coffee is the best I've had and under $30 bucks for the "man size" can
View Quote
Worm dirt.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I know you fuckers read this site. Listen up. Quit with the fucking spam email product announcements about your latest trucker hat or three pronged dildo.  Get some motherfucking focus on your motherfucking core business: coffee.

Sell bigger bags of fucking coffee, not this limp dick 12oz bullshit.  Maybe have your husband explain to you that he lied about how long 8 inches is and figure out that nobody wants a soda can sized (12oz) bag of coffee.  Sell it by the pound like fucking men.  Impress your parents and sell it in 5 pound bags, god damnit.  

Respectfully,
dillehayd

P.S. Fuck off with your subscription bullshit too. I want a good pot of coffee not some jelly of the month wanna-be retreated marketing reach around bullshit, dicksucks!
View Quote

The coffee isn't even that good.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:44:06 PM EDT
[#28]
I can buy fresh bricks of Cafe Bustelo at Aldi for $2.89 each.

Is it snob-level coffee? Nope. Is it caffeinated as fuck? Seems to be.

The YT videos are generally entertaining but as others have posted it's just marketing hype.  Contrary to the CEO's claims I have doubts that they'll reach 600 brick and mortar stores let alone  hire 10,000 vets although it's admirable.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah! What everybody says...said! Stick it to the man! I bought some shit once from a place and it wasn't that good and cost too much in my opinion, so I just went postal on their ass!

Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yeah! What everybody says...said! Stick it to the man! I bought some shit once from a place and it wasn't that good and cost too much in my opinion, so I just went postal on their ass!

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe I got a good batch. I like the apple hint though. Clyde Mays has similar notes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I may as well add my .02 gripe, cause it's so timely to me. My daughter bought me their coffee club membership for Father's Day, try a new new coffee each month thing. For the past three months I've received the same coffee. Ain't that a bitch?

Two daughters, both shoot AR15s, and I get stuck with the same coffee three months running. Damn!
View Quote
You know you can change your coffee right? Just call them up and give them your address or email that was used and tell them you'd like to change which coffee you get. Their CS is pretty good.

I called them up because I get the four bags of coffee a month and had only gotten three in my order. I also wanted to change from ground to whole bean. The woman who answered the phone was very apologetic about the screw up and sent me two bags.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Jokes on them, I watch their silly videos and don't drink coffee or buy their shit.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top