BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:28:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Retail net profit margins are incredibly low, typically around 3-5%.  On a million dollars in sales, that's only $30k-$50k.  Profit is necessary to grow a business, so I don't find 3% to be an insult.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed.  And if you are going to advertise and brag about giving back to vets, try to kick in a little more than 3% of profits.  That is an insult.
Retail net profit margins are incredibly low, typically around 3-5%.  On a million dollars in sales, that's only $30k-$50k.  Profit is necessary to grow a business, so I don't find 3% to be an insult.
yep, people that have never ran a retail business in a competitive market always assume 3% is no big deal.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:36:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
GD is bipolar, didn't you know?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i thought arfcom had a major hard on for this coffee?

starbucks and illegal somalis ftw
GD is bipolar, didn't you know?
Not so much bipolar, as a lot of posters do not want to appear confrontational. There's a huge solidarity, "team" psychology at play. Thus, you avoid threads where your opinion runs counter to the prevailing one, and participate in those where yours does not.

We have had threads running concurrently that illustrated this phenomenon perfectly.

What's amazing to me is when people don't even realize there are so many opinions counter to theirs, as they just avoid those threads or dismiss them as trolling.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:49:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Folgers?!? You can't come into a coffee thread and start talking about Folgers.. That stuff isn't coffee. Also, i'm pretty sure 90% of the posters in this thread secretly drink Starbucks coffee but are ashamed to admit it. I tried BRC once. It was okay but I wasn't thrilled. I'll stick to Cafe Verona.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:13:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I love these guys. They funny, offensive, and unapologetic. Yeah, their coffee costs a bunch and you have to subscribe, sorta. Boo hoo. Boo hoo. Go to Starb if you wanna whine like a Democrat.
View Quote
Yeah, those are great reasons to pay ripoff prices for mediocre coffee.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:28:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love these guys. They funny, offensive, and unapologetic. Yeah, their coffee costs a bunch and you have to subscribe, sorta. Boo hoo. Boo hoo. Go to Starb if you wanna whine like a Democrat.
Taste is a personal thing though.  It's pretty good and on par with what I normally get, so no issues with the 'rip off' pricing as you put it.  The value is what people put on it, and the market says that BRCC's pricing is just right considering the volume they sell.

Better quality than Starbucks but less expensive than a premium bean.  ~$1 per oz of beans isn't too horrible all things considered.  Basically a buck fifty per day for me is doable, and I'm picky as hell on my coffee.  Downside of making it for a living and running coffee shops for ~10 years of my younger life.

That said, I've only tried one of their coffees (Silencer Smooth) earlier in this thread as a local FFL had some.  My above opinion can change based on consistency across multiple bags, roast flavors, acidity, etc.  Figure I can try a bag every month if I have a few spare bucks here and there.  At least the Silencer Smooth impressed me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:27:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to add "dicksucks" to my vocabulary.   Thanks OP

9/10 rant also, good show mate.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I prefer going to Starbucks wearing some obnoxious gun shirt to buy coffee.

My favorite is my Springfield Armory "Bring enough gun" shirt.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I drank CAF for quite awhile. Great coffee through a French press, but the price, 12oz bag, and cost of shipping keeps me away.

Definitely good coffee and hilarious commercials, but not the only people slingin good coffee.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:30:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Exactly how do you use a three pronged dildo?
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Do they sell decaf?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do they sell decaf?
View Quote
No but Alpha Coffee another vet owned coffee business does.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No but Alpha Coffee another vet owned coffee business does.
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm going down to the brick and mortar store tomorrow to grab a couple more bags, I can print off this post and hand deliver it to them if you'd like.

I like it, and since they're local to me they tend to be much fresher than the local grocery stores. I also usually end up buying one bag and leaving with a second one for free, so it ends up being cheaper for me than other options.
View Quote
I had no idea they were in SLC. I will head down there next weekend.

I was a little disappointed that I never got any of their coffee before it became uncool on GD.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
someone had too much coffee this morning.
View Quote
8.5/10
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#16]
CAF in kcups is my daily coffee... Order it off Amazon Prime. $50 for 50 cups of coffee. I can live with that.

Coffee is excellent (I drink it black and strong) and has a good caffeine kick.  I'd rather give my money to some like minded individuals than Starbucks.

In true arf fashion, go be poor somewhere else.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I own a small BBQ shack in a small town.  When I say small, my kitchen is 200sf and dining room (including front counter, drink station and waitress station) is 400sf.  My profit margins are much less than these guys and I can find room donate far more than 5% to worthy causes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed.  And if you are going to advertise and brag about giving back to vets, try to kick in a little more than 3% of profits.  That is an insult.
yep, people that have never ran a retail business in a competitive market always assume 3% is no big deal.
I own a small BBQ shack in a small town.  When I say small, my kitchen is 200sf and dining room (including front counter, drink station and waitress station) is 400sf.  My profit margins are much less than these guys and I can find room donate far more than 5% to worthy causes.
You are guestimating their profit margins though.  I haven't seen a good shot of their roasters so I can't say what they are, but each machine is likely $50k or higher per.  The 15kg roasters I've used started around $20k.  Not to mention the utility costs, square footage, etc.  

I'm not saying that's fact for them, just that a lot of the specialized machines are expensive and likely are needing loan payments and drive up utility costs pretty well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I know you fuckers read this site. Listen up. Quit with the fucking spam email product announcements about your latest trucker hat or three pronged dildo.  Get some motherfucking focus on your motherfucking core business: coffee.

Sell bigger bags of fucking coffee, not this limp dick 12oz bullshit.  Maybe have your husband explain to you that he lied about how long 8 inches is and figure out that nobody wants a soda can sized (12oz) bag of coffee.  Sell it by the pound like fucking men.  Impress your parents and sell it in 5 pound bags, god damnit.  

Respectfully,
dillehayd

P.S. Fuck off with your subscription bullshit too. I want a good pot of coffee not some jelly of the month wanna-be retreated marketing reach around bullshit, dicksucks!
View Quote

Okay.  Gonna call that a legit rant.   9/10.

PS>  He's right, you know.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Okay.  Gonna call that a legit rant.   9/10.

PS>  He's right, you know.
View Quote
Not really. The bigger the bag of coffee the more shitty stale coffe you drink to finish off the bag. My guess is that if they made 16oz bags the next rant would be OMG why did you raise your prices.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Arfcom sees through BRCC's bullshit? Am I dreaming? I remember we had a thread like this last year and everyone was going on about how good their coffee was and how great their commercials were.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Arfcom sees through BRCC's bullshit? Am I dreaming? I remember we had a thread like this last year and everyone was going on about how good their coffee was and how great their commercials were.
View Quote
Some guys could find a brick of gold on the street and complain how heavy it is.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Had the AK-47 stuff and it was fine. But not 36 oz for $40+$10 shipping(6 biz days)good.

But kudos to them for a great business model that makes peeps happy to spend their money on them. Were it a 1lb bag for a better price I'd be down.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
http://dailycoffeenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/costco_coffee.jpeg

Costco coffee is the best I've had and under $30 bucks for the "man size" can
View Quote
Here's my go-to Costco coffee:

Attachment Attached File

$14.99/ 3-lb bag of whole bean dark roast.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Coffee is free at work. So I drink the free stuff. Save money. Spend it on fun stuff. Not something I'll piss away in 30 minutes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I ordered once. 1 bag of Silencer Smooth and 1 Bag of CAF. Good coffee but I couldn't justify the cost vs quantity ratio. I agree with OP on this one.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#26]
The dude cracks me up, so I get 2 bags a month to support his shenanigans. When I stop being amused, I'll stop my order.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

When I watched that video, I was like "MAC working for Monster now?"

It was obviously there for a reason, then he draws attention to it.
View Quote
Mat Best from BRCC wifed up the only good thing about MAC or Copper Customs.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Good coffee, but I am cheap and blessed with mediocre tastebuds.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:08:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:11:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Only one "never heard of them" in five pages, that's better than Taylor Swift. They must be doing something right.
View Quote
Matt Best has a way better ass then Taylor Swift obviously.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I tried a bag of Beyond Black from a gun shop I was at to pick up something special (as in not local) and thought it was great, so did the wife. So I signed up for a 2 bag/month subscription, the first month was great tasted just like the bag I had bought before.

Then this months batch arrived and it is weak and tasteless. I sent them an email yesterday, haven't heard back yet. 

Black Silk is my normal.
View Quote
BRCC is sending me two new bags, we will see how they are
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Was about to buy some one day but the shipping was way too high.  I can get bags of Buddy Brew from Tampa cheaper just up the street from me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I like the marketing and the coffee.  It's pricey, so I'll only buy on occasion to support the videos.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
1/10 rant.  Would have been 10/10 but you gave away the 8" secret.  N
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I ordered once. 1 bag of Silencer Smooth and 1 Bag of CAF. Good coffee but I couldn't justify the cost vs quantity ratio. I agree with OP on this one.
View Quote
No, you don't agree with OP on this one.  You, like most of the people dog piling on, give a shit about the cost. I don't and that's why cost was not mentioned at all in the OP.

I like the coffee (Beyond Black) and IDGAF about the price. Honestly, the times I've ordered I've paid no attention to the cost.

Sell me a motherfucking 5lbs bag of whole beans. They sit in the freezer and get put in the machine half a pound at a time (about 4 pots) to be ground by my automatic machine seconds before the coffee is brewed.

I mean, fuck. Who buys ammo in 50 round boxes? Fuck that. I buy 1000 rounds at a time and I want pounds, not fucking ounces, of coffee.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#37]
OP is drinking decaf again.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Folgers?!? You can't come into a coffee thread and start talking about Folgers.. That stuff isn't coffee. Also, i'm pretty sure 90% of the posters in this thread secretly drink Starbucks coffee but are ashamed to admit it. I tried BRC once. It was okay but I wasn't thrilled. I'll stick to Cafe Verona.
View Quote
I drink Starbucks almost exclusively. I have a gold VIP card that earns me points/stars towards free schwag. I have a "Guns and Coffee" Starbucks logo sticker on the file cabinet in my man cave. I love it.

When you order, they ask your name so they can write it on your cup to make sure you get your order.

My Starbucks name is Trayvon.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No, you don't agree with OP on this one.  You, like most of the people dog piling on, give a shit about the cost. I don't and that's why cost was not mentioned at all in the OP.

I like the coffee (Beyond Black) and IDGAF about the price. Honestly, the times I've ordered I've paid no attention to the cost.

Sell me a motherfucking 5lbs bag of whole beans. They sit in the freezer and get put in the machine half a pound at a time (about 4 pots) to be ground by my automatic machine seconds before the coffee is brewed.

I mean, fuck. Who buys ammo in 50 round boxes? Fuck that. I buy 1000 rounds at a time and I want pounds, not fucking ounces, of coffee.
View Quote
Call and ask them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
You put coffee beans in the freezer?

GD overall knows about as much about coffee as it does women
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:32:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You put coffee beans in the freezer?

GD overall knows about as much about coffee as it does women
View Quote
Consider the OP.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Coffee drinkers are such pussies. 0/10 OP.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Consider the OP.
View Quote
I just assume that most the folks paying 20$ a bag for BRCC put it immediately in the freezer for safe keeping
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:07:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Is anyone besides myself sick of the "vet owned/made" crap? It's like they are trying to lay a guilt trip on you. WTF is up with that?

Like I'm going to pay twice or better than what something is worth just because some vet made it, blessed it, put a outline of a gun on it, or some other stupid marketing shit.  

Off the top of my head I can think of several small-time holster makers.....What, is you kydex better than the non-vet's kydex? There is a reason you are small-time. Your shit is mediocre and over-priced.

Grip makers....You might be a vet but most of the grips you guys make suck ass but I'm supposed to pay custom grip prices? I don't think so.

Of course each one of them has some "wicked" .mil type logo to wow the rube buyer with. Come on man.

Nope, that shit has about run it's course with me. It's about like the old Union Made labels. That shit got old quick too.

The bottom line is I don't give two shits if you are a vet or not. Bring your product to market for a reasonable price and if it's of good quality, innovative, and does something nobody else's product does I will buy it. You don't get to skin me for a few extra bucks just because you are a vet, have a wicked logo, and include a fucking sticker.

On the positive side the widget a vet marketed that allows you to use mini shells in a Mossberg works like a champ and I did not mind paying for it......That said I did not pay the guy because he was a vet, I paid him because he produced a great product. He was sure blowing his horn about the vet thing but he was from Texas so that's sorta to be expected.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Is anyone besides myself sick of the "vet owned/made" crap? It's like they are trying to lay a guilt trip on you. WTF is up with that?

Like I'm going to pay twice or better than what something is worth just because some vet made it, blessed it, put a outline of a gun on it, or some other stupid marketing shit.  

Off the top of my head I can think of several small-time holster makers.....What, is you kydex better than the non-vet's kydex? There is a reason you are small-time. Your shit is mediocre and over-priced.

Grip makers....You might be a vet but most of the grips you guys make suck ass but I'm supposed to pay custom grip prices? I don't think so.

Of course each one of them has some "wicked" .mil type logo to wow the rube buyer with. Come on man.

Nope, that shit has about run it's course with me. It's about like the old Union Made labels. That shit got old quick too.

The bottom line is I don't give two shits if you are a vet or not. Bring your product to market for a reasonable price and if it's of good quality, innovative, and does something nobody else's product does I will buy it. You don't get to skin me for a few extra bucks just because you are a vet, have a wicked logo, and include a fucking sticker.

On the positive side the widget a vet marketed that allows you to use mini shells in a Mossberg works like a champ and I did not mind paying for it......That said I did not pay the guy because he was a vet, I paid him because he produced a great product. He was sure blowing his horn about the vet thing but he was from Texas so that's sorta to be expected.
View Quote
People have become millionaires just selling good feelings, collecting donations for "veteran" charities. Everyone involved in Wounded Warrior, for example, is set for multiple lifetimes.

I guess we should be thankful these guys are at least offering a product to go with it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

People have become millionaires just selling good feelings, collecting donations for "veteran" charities. Everyone involved in Wounded Warrior, for example, is set for multiple lifetimes.

I guess we should be thankful these guys are at least offering a product to go with it.
View Quote
Thankful? What does that have to do with anything in the business world?.....Are you going to pay more for a run of the mill product that offers nothing more than another manufacturer can offer for much less just because a vet had a hand in it?  That sounds more like enabling mediocrity to me.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thankful? What does that have to do with anything in the business world?.....Are you going to pay more for a run of the mill product that offers nothing more than another manufacturer can offer for much less just because a vet had a hand in it?  That sounds more like enabling mediocrity to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saying it could and has been worse. Not disagreeing it's ridiculous.

You seem a little high strung.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Too much coffee
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Too much coffee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too much coffee
Nope, just tired of the hype but if someone wants to be skinned by a marketing technique that's sole purpose is to either pull at the heart-strings or seem "bad-ass" then have at it.

A huckster is a huckster.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:48:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Never had their coffee

But matbest commercials are fucking great
View Quote
This
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top