Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i thought arfcom had a major hard on for this coffee?

starbucks and illegal somalis ftw
View Quote
I just drink water or whiskey. Love their commercials though.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#3]
The wife and I drink their Silencer Smooth blend.  It's good.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I always found BRCC to be pretty decent coffee.  Though I'd agree, they have a heck of a marketing scheme and their prices and shipping are high.  I'm surprised I don't hear more about Alpha coffee, that used to be Lock and Load Java.  For those looking to support veteran owned companies it's another good choice.  We've always like their coffee a lot and it was traditionally a bit cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I like em.  Local company, nice guys, and support guns.  Works for me.  Would much rather support them than Starbucks or the other local coffee shops that probably think I'm racist and mansplaining them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Never had their coffee

But matbest commercials are fucking great
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know you fuckers read this site. Listen up. Quit with the fucking spam email product announcements about your latest trucker hat or three pronged dildo.  Get some motherfucking focus on your motherfucking core business: coffee.

Sell bigger bags of fucking coffee, not this limp dick 12oz bullshit.  Maybe have your husband explain to you that he lied about how long 8 inches is and figure out that nobody wants a soda can sized (12oz) bag of coffee.  Sell it by the pound like fucking men.  Impress your parents and sell it in 5 pound bags, god damnit.  

Respectfully,
dillehayd

P.S. Fuck off with your subscription bullshit too. I want a good pot of coffee not some jelly of the month wanna-be retreated marketing reach around bullshit, dicksucks!
View Quote

Coffee  is sold vy weight and soda by volume.  Weak rant, shitty logic. 1 - 10.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I always found BRCC to be pretty decent coffee.  Though I'd agree, they have a heck of a marketing scheme and their prices and shipping are high.  I'm surprised I don't hear more about Alpha coffee, that used to be Lock and Load Java.  For those looking to support veteran owned companies it's another good choice.  We've always like their coffee a lot and it was traditionally a bit cheaper.
View Quote
You are right about their successful marketing. I have never heard of Alpha Coffee but just placed an order to give them a shot.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I tried a bag of their coffee.  The first bag was sent to the wrong address, and they sent a 2nd bag for free.  Curiously, the 1st bag showed up the same day as the 2nd bag, so I got a two-for-one deal.  I liked the first bag, nothing special.  I began to dislike it halfway thru the 2nd bag, and never even finished it.  I wouldn't buy from them again.  The coffee I can get at any HEB is better and cheaper.
View Quote
$5.99/lb Southern Roasted pecan FTMFW.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:35:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know you fuckers read this site. Listen up. Quit with the fucking spam email product announcements about your latest trucker hat or three pronged dildo.  Get some motherfucking focus on your motherfucking core business: coffee.

Sell bigger bags of fucking coffee, not this limp dick 12oz bullshit.  Maybe have your husband explain to you that he lied about how long 8 inches is and figure out that nobody wants a soda can sized (12oz) bag of coffee.  Sell it by the pound like fucking men.  Impress your parents and sell it in 5 pound bags, god damnit.  

Respectfully,
dillehayd

P.S. Fuck off with your subscription bullshit too. I want a good pot of coffee not some jelly of the month wanna-be retreated marketing reach around bullshit, dicksucks!

I think you missed his comparison......

There are 16 OUNCES in a pound... BRCC come in 12 OUNCE bags.. 4 ounces less than 1 pound... and they happen to be small about the size of a 12 FLUID OUNCE soda can...

reading comprehension is hard yo.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
But but it's Veteran Coffee from special forces guys!
View Quote
Yeah, and they are all about hiring veterans...yet I couldn't even get an interview for a minimum wage job there.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:40:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
... the, "Unsubscribe" feature a lot of these companies use is worthless too. Biggest complaint for me is fucking PetSmart - they will NOT stop with spam emailing
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Can anyone explain to me how or Why this "Lifestyle Brand" marketing is even a thing?  

I fit their target demographic, yet feel no compulsion to buy their coffee.  

They claim to be veterans and like guns.  Therefore, people feel obligated to buy their product.    

The entire shtick feels like pandering to me.    It's embarrassing.

Maybe I'm just jealous I didn't think of it first.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah, and they are all about hiring veterans...yet I couldn't even get an interview for a minimum wage job there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But but it's Veteran Coffee from special forces guys!
muh service ! muh service!! give me a job I am a VETERAN GOT DAMMIT!!!1!!!!111!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Moving to Utah for a minimum wage job?

Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Overhyped coffee.
View Quote
but, but they're good guys!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#17]
LGS sells their coffee. I don't get their span emails. LGS sells the CasF 12.00 for a 12 Kcup box. It's good stuff but yes, Folgers Black Silk is cheaper and stronger.

Fuck Starbucks!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You know they have a Facebook page that they respond to very quickly, I looked and didn't see your rant there. I assume you emailed as well?

If not STFU you're just another whiney dude on the internet. Tell them so you know they know what their customers want or you know post about it on a completely unrelated forum that they likely dont even read.
View Quote
"Stop talking about something on a discussion board!"
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I wanted to like their coffee. I ordered some (and paid too much for shipping - IMO). The CAF did not live up to the ad copy.

Maxwell House Max has a better caffeine rush and tastes better in my opinion.

Attachment Attached File

Also, Ignitor is pretty good for a caffeine buzz.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I fucking hate coffee, but I totally agree.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know they have a Facebook page that they respond to very quickly, I looked and didn't see your rant there. I assume you emailed as well?

If not STFU you're just another whiney dude on the internet. Tell them so you know they know what their customers want or you know post about it on a completely unrelated forum that they likely dont even read.
LOL

OP addressed it to the company with the claim " I know you read this", with no proof or evidence that they have ever read anything on Ar15.com. It wasn't a discussion it was bitching about a company that has many avenues of direct contact that would be better suited to resolve his grievances, instead it was just a cuck way of bitching about the company. No different than when people bitch about other companies customer service or issues without contacting the company first to give them a chance to fix it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There are 16 OUNCES in a pound... BRCC come in 12 OUNCE bags.. 4 ounces less than 1 pound... and they happen to be small about the size of a 12 FLUID OUNCE soda can...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respectfully,
dillehayd

This. It's not that fucking hard.

Yeah, their coffee is meh and their prices suck. I said this 4 months ago in a thread and got shot down by their legion of followers. Glad people are finally seeing through this companies bullshit
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Costco coffee is the best I've had and under $30 bucks for the "man size" can
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I like the caffinated  as fuck, but the stuff is overpriced.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
LOL

OP addressed it to the company with the claim " I know you read this", with no proof or evidence that they have ever read anything on Ar15.com. It wasn't a discussion it was bitching about a company that has many avenues of direct contact that would be better suited to resolve his grievances, instead it was just a cuck way of bitching about the company. No different than when people bitch about other companies customer service or issues without contacting the company first to give them a chance to fix it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

This is the internet, it's serious and proof/evidence is ALWAYS required OP!
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:12:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I've never tried their coffee before, but picked up a bag of the Silencer Smooth 2 hours ago from one of the local FFLs.  I'll brew a cup later today and let you guys know what I think.   Figure they do a monthly bulk buy and deliver it for $4 more a bag (considering shipping to AK sucks) that's a good deal IMO.  But I'll pay ~$16 a bag for good coffee.  Hell, the stuff we used to serve at the shop started at $30 a pound + shipping and went up to $60 a pound. 
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#27]

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I like their coffee and they're a good group of dudes. Mat Best and JT are fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd say its one step above something like the bulk Starbucks or Gevalia coffee you can get at any store, but you're honestly paying for the huge production hype section of their budget.

If your hype gets me to try your product, great! But the second part of that equation is that your product is good enough to where I'd keep purchasing it. Not the case, unfortunately. I honestly couldn't tell much of difference between the BRC offering and basically everything at the store besides it just felt like it was less mass produced.

For real coffee you need to look into single origins that taste good to you; kind of like whiskey, and go from there. I particularly love the beans that come from a specific part of Guatemala where the volcanic soil gives the coffee a very specific taste. https://verterecoffee.com/collections/single-origin/products/guatemala-shb-ep-laurel
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I've had it in the past.  But now I'm into Lexington Coffee Roasters.  Better coffee.  Better choices.  Much cheaper.  And I can watch them roasting it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
... the, "Unsubscribe" feature a lot of these companies use is worthless too. Biggest complaint for me is fucking PetSmart - they will NOT stop with spam emailing
View Quote
Have any lawyer friends? Send a C&D on firm letterhead.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

muh service ! muh service!! give me a job I am a VETERAN GOT DAMMIT!!!1!!!!111!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You forgot to thank me for my service.

Quoted:

Moving to Utah for a minimum wage job?

Job while attending college.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#33]
It doesn't do anything my big ass can of Chase & Sanborn does, aside from cost more of course.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'd say its one step above something like the bulk Starbucks or Gevalia coffee you can get at any store, but you're honestly paying for the huge production hype section of their budget.

If your hype gets me to try your product, great! But the second part of that equation is that your product is good enough to where I'd keep purchasing it. Not the case, unfortunately. I honestly couldn't tell much of difference between the BRC offering and basically everything at the store besides it just felt like it was less mass produced.

For real coffee you need to look into single origins that taste good to you; kind of like whiskey, and go from there. I particularly love the beans that come from a specific part of Guatemala where the volcanic soil gives the coffee a very specific taste. https://verterecoffee.com/collections/single-origin/products/guatemala-shb-ep-laurel
View Quote
Same here. Guatemalan coffee is the best, African coffees are at the bottom for me. My local roaster gave me a run down on the differences between the central American varieties, but I don't remember the details. My favorite coffee was World Market Guatemalan Fair Trade. Unfortunately it was discontinued and I can't find it's equal.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've had it in the past.  But now I'm into Lexington Coffee Roasters.  Better coffee.  Better choices.  Much cheaper.  And I can watch them roasting it.
View Quote
It might be "much cheaper" in person but from what I can see the prices online range from the same to "much more".
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#36]
A bunch of hilarious gun loving vets that make imo a good product. Yes why would I want to support that.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
It might be "much cheaper" in person but from what I can see the prices online range from the same to "much more".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I haven't bought online, so maybe so.  I just stop in and stock up every time I drive through there.  I do like that you can sample whatever you want and you can buy from specific regions, and even specific farms.  I got one from Tanzania with a citrus flavor that was pretty good.  

I also found a coffee roaster in Floyd, VA that is pretty good so far.

I'm drinking from a BRCC mug right now.  The shipping is just too much, unless I'm already ordering something from them.  Like a sweet mug.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
A bunch of hilarious gun loving vets that make imo a good product. Yes why would I want to support that.
View Quote
It's just Coffee.        
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:38:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
LOL

Their 'core business' is hyping expensive coffee with silly gun related names to a certain demographic that falls for it.

"But muh AK47 roast!"

View Quote
I haven't tried any of those gun-named types yet.  I don't remember much about the first kinds I tried - Combat Fuel & Blackbeard's Delight.  However I've found that Murdered out is rather good, and Caffeinated as Fuck ... I can't drink more than one cup of it if I plan on sleeping early.

But hey, I know it's probably overpriced.  But I'd rather buy their overpriced coffee vs buying starfuck's overpriced libtard coffee
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Can anyone explain to me how or Why this "Lifestyle Brand" marketing is even a thing?  

I fit their target demographic, yet feel no compulsion to buy their coffee.  

They claim to be veterans and like guns.  Therefore, people feel obligated to buy their product.    

The entire shtick feels like pandering to me.    It's embarrassing.
View Quote
I don't know if I'd go so far as to call it pandering.

All I know is I like coffee, so that means I need to buy coffee.  I can buy it from a company I believe has similar values to me and makes me laugh with their commercials, or I can buy it from someone else.  

People like doing business with people and companies they like.  Sometimes they'll even pay a premium for it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I haven't bought online, so maybe so.  I just stop in and stock up every time I drive through there.  I do like that you can sample whatever you want and you can buy from specific regions, and even specific farms.  I got one from Tanzania with a citrus flavor that was pretty good.  

I'm drinking from a BRCC mug right now.  The shipping is just too much, unless I'm already ordering something from them.  Like a sweet mug.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could see that, apparently the folks near BRCC say it is cheaper to buy that locally too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#43]
I drink 2-3 bags a month. I've been getting their subscription/coffee club for about 9 months now, and the best part, they ship to me while deployed with an APO address.

Is it the best coffee in the world? I have no idea. Is it good coffee, yes. Am I happy to keep buying it, yes. Does the back of every bag I've looked at say "a portion of profits go to veteran, LEO, and gun rights organizations"? Yup.

I'll keep buying.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#44]
A very over hyped company that has a run of the mill product and fan boys everywhere. Sounds very familiar for this place though
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#46]
YEEEESSSSSS

I make this for the snootiest coffee drinkers, they all love it. 
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#47]
I tried a bag of Beyond Black from a gun shop I was at to pick up something special (as in not local) and thought it was great, so did the wife. So I signed up for a 2 bag/month subscription, the first month was great tasted just like the bag I had bought before.

Then this months batch arrived and it is weak and tasteless. I sent them an email yesterday, haven't heard back yet. 

Black Silk is my normal.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
A very over hyped company that has a run of the mill product and fan boys everywhere. Sounds very familiar for this place though
View Quote
/
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Folgers instant and some Coffee Mate creamer. Next?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I haven't tried any of those gun-named types yet.  I don't remember much about the first kinds I tried - Combat Fuel & Blackbeard's Delight.  However I've found that Murdered out is rather good, and Caffeinated as Fuck ... I can't drink more than one cup of it if I plan on sleeping early.

But hey, I know it's probably overpriced.  But I'd rather buy their overpriced coffee vs buying starfuck's overpriced libtard coffee
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL

Their 'core business' is hyping expensive coffee with silly gun related names to a certain demographic that falls for it.

"But muh AK47 roast!"

Have you ever actually bought Starbucks coffee or do you just parrot everything you read on here? Starbucks is 8 bucks a pound. How is that even comparable to BRC? BRC is 16 bucks a pound before shipping.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top