Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2001 2:33:56 PM EDT
I work for a state agency and we have several U.S. flags with gold fringe trim around the edges. I thought I read before that this is incorrect for the flag. Is this so?
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 2:40:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I may be wrong, but I thought that if you put gold fringe on the flag, it was no longer the "Flag". When fringed it becomes the "Colors" ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
All you ever wanted to know about the flag:
[url]www.outlawslegal.com/organic/flag.htmp[/url]

"Title 4 U.S.C. 3 provides that anything put on the title 4 U.S.C., 1, 2 American Flag such as gold fringe MUTILATES the Flag and carries a one-year prison term. This is confirmed by the authority of title 36 U.S.C. 176 (g). The gold fringe is a fourth color and represents "color of law" jurisdiction and when placed on the title 4 U.S.C. 1, 2 Flag, mutilates the Flag and suspends the Constitution and establishes "color of law" jurisdiction (Refer to title 18 U.S.C. 242, see Black's Law Dictionary).

As provided by title 36 U.S.C. 173 and Army Regulation 840-10, chapter 2-1(b), the Flag of the united States of America is defined and described in title 4 U.S.C. 1, 2. Civilians must use the title 4 U.S.C. 1, 2 Flag (see title 36 U.S.C. 173 and Army Regulation 840-10, chapter 2-7) and when military flags are displayed by Army Regulation 840-10, chapter 2 and title 36 U.S.C. 175."

According to Army Regulations, (AR 840-10, Oct. 1, 1979.) "the Flag is trimmed on three sides with Fringe of Gold, 2 1/2 inches wide," and that, "such flags are flown indoors, ONLY in military courtrooms." And that the Gold Fringed Flag is not to be carried by anyone except units of the United States Army, and the United States Army division associations."

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The courts have ruled in several cases that gold fringe on a flag means nothing and that it is only a decoration of the flag.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
All you ever wanted to know about the flag:
[url]www.outlawslegal.com/organic/flag.htmp[/url]
View Quote

Hey Imbrog|io,

When I checked out the link I got a 404 error. Do you know if that link still valid or is the site having problems?
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, AeroE, you're quick!  I was just about to get on a soapbox and state how we're not under the Constitution and how we are all "vessels" of the state.

I'mnot sure if I'm totally believing this yet or not, but the theroy and my research is definately getting convincing...sad.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I found the page that Imbroglio was referring to.  I just went back to the parent site of outlawslegal.com  That sight has some very interesting reading on it.  Anyway, the flag link that works is: [url]www.outlawslegal.com/answers/goldflag.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
AeroE is absolutly correct!!!

Not many people know that the US Constitution is currently under suspension!!! Therefore the gold trim.

The constitution was suspended during WWII (a national state of emergency) and it has only returned once on July 4, 1976 (for the bicentenial). But it was only short lived (can't remember, maybe a week or so).

This also explains "Presidential Executive Orders". The president can only issue these orders when the country is delared a state of emergency, and the constitution has been suspended.

Therefore now the president is essentially "KING" of the land, ergo the phrase "King Klinton".

I highly recommend everyone to do some digging around and verify this information for yourself!!

[EDIT]
Just to verify some infomration:
National Emergency Declared on March 9, 1933
Suspended on September 14, 1976
Reinstated ??????? (can't confirm)
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Able to open up the page, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#10]
The "official" version of the u.s. flag has been modified so many times that it would take a considerable amount of time to figure out the 'facts'....there was a period of time (civil war) that gold fringe was the flag carried by the 'u.s.troops'.........
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So does this mean I don't have to pay income taxes? [:)]
View Quote
                                              You just may have something there!!!!![flag]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It won't be long until someone posts here with an explanation that the fringe denotes an "Admiralty" flag, indicates that the Constitution has been suspended, at that we are indeed subject to Admiralty Law.  This is a common teaching of the Posse Comitatus (and probably other political groups).

Flameproofed and ready.
View Quote

Yup. This is what I was thought it meant. I probibally saw it on the John Birch site.
Eric
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#14]
hmmmmmmm?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top