Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2001 11:06:54 AM EDT
I'll be going to visit family in Pennsylvania in June, and realized to my horror that PA and TX do not have a CHL reciprocity agreement. Instead of panicking, I hit up [url]www.packing.org[/url] and found out that several county sheriffs in PA are very 2nd Amendment-friendly.

I sent my letter to one of them today, and if the experiences of the folks who posted at packing.org is any indication, I should be in good shape when I go to visit my Dad.

Has anyone else gotten a non-res CHL, even to carry in a third state that recognized a different state's CHL but not your own?

Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.

---------------
"The best way to deal with a person with a gun is to say, 'I know you're upset.' Compassion is the answer. They are human beings and want the same things I do. Try to be compassionate with them and relate to them."
--Jessica Flag, Million Mom March participant
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 2:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I would make sure you check everything out and have everything in writing before you go packing in PA without a license. It is a felony if I am not mistaken in PA. State law requires a CCW. They do give non resident permits also. If I were you I would apply for one or leave the gun in the car or relatives home. I believe if you have a CCW from another state it is legal to carry inside the vehicle. Don't take my advise as gospel. Contact the atorney general or state police!!! I am not an atorney just a house painter!!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]
My non-res PA permit was probably the easiest one for me to get: show up at the courthouse, fill out the forms, go back later and pick up the permit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top