Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Last time I played paintball, years ago now, was wearing a BDU top. Got shot a few times in chest quick. Well leaning forward with a loose BDU top on, they all hit and didn't break.

So why do I think this would work any better?

It's a $350 paintball marker pistol, that shoots crazy expensive ammo (even the training ammo, we have pepperball guns at work).

Probably just burst when you fire, blinding yourself.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This has to be some kind of joke.  It's got all the hallmarks of marketing that's targeted to rich liberals - so much so it makes me think it's some kind of satire/parody.

I am looking forward to my local colony of avocado toast eaters getting their shit fucked up when they try to fight an attacker off with 'Salt'.
View Quote
I like avocado toast! Don't toss me in with those fargin sinky bastages!
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So instead of killing an intruder or an attacker I'm going to shoot them with something that causes a lot of pain and enrages them.
View Quote
So you're saying it's roughly equivalent to a 9x19 handgun instead of using a 45 or 10mm? 
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#4]
What a huge vagina........

Wait till someone uses his product and it fails, resulting in rape/murder and he gets sued
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
No shit, they had one of these and the ammo at the local Walmart, it was there for a long time, might still be there.
Last I saw it was marked down to $150.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the paintball pistol that came out 15yrs ago.

Tiberius... Something like that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No, it's a $200 Tippmann.
View Quote
Ah, thanks for the info.

That's a great plan though.

Step 1: buy tippmann
Step 2: sell rebranded tippmann to pansies
Step 3: ????
Step 4: profit
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#8]
lying pieces of shit,they are going to get people hurt/killed with their bullshit.

now available in vibrant safety yellow
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I had one of those TPX paintball pistols - it wasn't bad- about 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was gonna leave a mean comment but then I just felt sorry for the little faggot and decided not to.
View Quote
Don't worry I did it for you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Probably just burst when you fire, blinding yourself.
View Quote
That's an angle I hadn't considered. Maybe dousing yourself in a cloud of  powdered OC is the next logical step in the "pee/vomit on yourself to defend from rape" line of thinking.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Not stopping the threat, just postponing and pissing it off.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:29:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:  Not stopping the threat, just postponing and pissing it off.
View Quote
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (4/10) Movie CLIP - Hitting the Weed Connect (1998) HD
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 3:20:34 AM EDT
[#14]
That looks like an old Survival Games Splatmaster.  Do you have to put 12g CO2 in it too?

Link Posted: 7/23/2017 3:45:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Same design that has been around for 15 years thanks to tiberius paintball handguns, and tippman.

Still a POS that wont do shit
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:00:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHrKZkwUOwgDoesn't look very effective when they are joking about after being hit.
View Quote
Biggest bunch of beta males I have ever seen

Limp ass shooting grip. TERRIFIED of a paintball gun.

wraps himself in fucking cardboard and the ball bounces right off. This is supposed to save your life!?

edit: lol went on amazon, everyone says buy the tippman TPX for $250 with 4 mags and then buy the pepperballs. One posted even said its just a part for part rebrand of the TPX
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:07:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Its a Tippmann... how did they not get sued by Tippmann for stealing their design?

Fucking stupid idea.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 4:17:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not stopping the threat, just postponing and pissing it off.
View Quote
Well, my impression from the video is that it greatly reduces the attacker's depth of field, leaving him struggling to focus randomly on various items in the foreground or background, giving you an opening to make your escape.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:19:30 AM EDT
[#19]
This fucking timid piece of shit needs to understand that people will fucking kill you and the only solution is to kill them right back.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 5:37:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This fucking timid piece of shit needs to understand that people will fucking kill you and the only solution is to kill them right back.
View Quote
This type would rather be killed than have to actually defend themselves.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Video is from 2016.  Zero comments.  And no other videos.  Is this really a thing?
View Quote
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1801855_SALT_A_safe_gun_for_a_safe_home
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 6:33:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey I have that marker as my secondary for paintball!
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Guys, this is a serious threat! The left is going to gobble this up in droves. Then Kali will use the sales data to ban handguns by justifying this POS as a legit replacement (similar to "smart" gun). The rest of the country follows. It's how we ended up with fuel cans with suck ass pour spouts.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Good enough for a police officer to mistake it for a real gun and shoot the user.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Moved from California to Chicago.  Stop right there, enough said you beta cuck.  I have half a mind to drive to the city and kick this guy's ass right now after having watched that.  Didn't even show the SALT weapon of mass destruction in this breakthrough release.  Just him walking the streets and preaching his good metrosexual vibes.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Salt Supply Company's website is down, and the domain is for sale. 

Looks their business model and product line hit the free market and reality struck.

I kinda wanted to try some of their ammo, if it wasn't prohibitively expensive. 

Don't know why some of you couldn't find their other vids - or the product reviews by others.

Youtube Page
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well, my impression from the video is that it greatly reduces the attacker's depth of field, leaving him struggling to focus randomly on various items in the foreground or background, giving you an opening to make your escape.
View Quote
It's being marketed for home defense, but the thing is in my neck of the woods if there's a no shit HD situation then the guy(s) breaking in is/are the one(s) who should be worrying about escaping not the homeowner because we tend to use real guns and are disinclined to leave our houses when assholes break in.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:28:40 PM EDT
[#28]
looks like a fun toy
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#29]
No orange paint on the end of the barrel?

DERP!
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Thithy ith ath thithy doth. 
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm looking at this from a business perspective and it's pure marketing genius.  Who on the left has ever heard of Tippman?  I wouldn't be surprised if the creator is one of us and the guy in the video is an actor who provides credibility for the target market.

ETA:  Beaten.  And apparently it didn't work out for them.  I still think it was a good idea.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Maybe been said before in the thread (admittedly I didn't read anyone's responses, and only watched a few seconds of the clip), but wouldn't it simply be more practical and effective to just use a can of pepper spray? And if it's distance you want, just use a can of bear spray or pepper spray that shoots far. Seems to me trying to deliver the pepper spray in tiny pellet form (small practically ineffective individual doses), from a firearm type delivery system (that could be prone to mechanical failure), that would require fairly accurate marksmanship at a time when your marksman ship may be less than stellar due to an adrenaline dump, is just flat out stupid for a home defense situation.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't believe in a Salt pistols.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Maybe been said before in the thread (admittedly I didn't read anyone's responses, and only watched a few seconds of the clip), but wouldn't it simply be more practical and effective to just use a can of pepper spray? And if it's distance you want, just use a can of bear spray or pepper spray that shoots far. Seems to me trying to deliver the pepper spray in tiny pellet form (small practically ineffective individual doses), from a firearm type delivery system (that could be prone to mechanical failure), that would require fairly accurate marksmanship at a time when your marksman ship may be less than stellar due to an adrenaline dump, is just flat out stupid for a home defense situation.  
View Quote
This is true.  However, if they'd have put a slide on it that can be racked, it would be a game changer.  Come to think of it, maybe we should market slides attached to broomsticks and cans of wasp spray in a package deal.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a heavily modified air-soft MP5 that does more damage than that thing.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:15:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This is true.  However, if they'd have put a slide on it that can be racked, it would be a game changer.  Come to think of it, maybe we should market slides attached to broomsticks and cans of wasp spray in a package deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And mount a laser aim like on the 45 long slide in Terminator...America, Fuck Yeah!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
^^^This

Save yourself a few hundred dollars and buy a can of SabreRed if you want a less-lethal option.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have a heavily modified air-soft MP5 that does more damage than that thing.
View Quote
The irony here is that an over gassed marker and rock hard training balls would probably be more effective.  Just before such a setup would be banned.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Use that indoors --go ahead, probably end up gassing yourself and family as well. Guys that look like Mike Tyson consider pepper spray an aphrodisiac. 
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
The manufacturer said the salt gun was effective at ranges of 150 ft while pepper spray only 10 at the most. Let that sink in.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#41]
HI, backbencher,

Thank you for your interest in the Salt Supply Pepper Spray Gun. We do not price match our gun with Tippman. Because of their expertise in non-traditional firearms, we chose Tippmann as our manufacturing partner in getting the product market ready.  So you will see similarities in the design of our gun.  However, our gun is manufactured, tested and backed for home defense vs. recreational sport like the TipX.

If you would like to stay up to date with everything we are doing, feel free to subscribe to our mailing list on our homepage www.saltsupply.com.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Thanks!

The Salt Supply Team
www.saltsupply.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waiting to hear back as to how the Salt is different from the Tippman.  Perhaps metal trigger bits?  A more deeply rifled bbl?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#42]
First time the left will correctly use the term  "a salt weapon"
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top