BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/20/2017 6:11:08 PM EDT
LivLeak

FLORIDA TODAY

Police and prosecutors say little can be done legally after the revelation that a group of teens filmed the dying moments of a 32-year-old disabled man last week, with the teens mocking, cursing and laughing while the man drowned in a fenced-off pond
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Tough love
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]
That is fucked up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#3]
yutes...
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfuckingbelieveable.  Bunch of little pieces of shit, the lot of them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
"Teens" hmmmmmm
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#6]
GTA generation.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Cases like this remind me that our "civilization" is broken.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#8]
That is psychopathic behavior. That being said, anyone swimming out there to help might have been taken down with him, if he was desperate, irrational and thrashing.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Typical Teen Behavior
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Perhaps KARMA will come about and snatch the life out of these worthless little shits.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GTA generation.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Wonder if the teens can swim?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#13]
"Teens"

COC
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Not saying it's right but there's probably little any one person could have done there.  I wouldn't jump in there either. That's farther than it looks. Now double it, and put a frantic man on your back pulling you down. You'd be lucky not to drown yourself. Gotta be smart before you try to save the world. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#15]
To be fair, it's likely none of them could swim.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
________k Yutes?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Life means nothing to those pieces of shit. One day they will be laying on the street dying and hopefully no one will bother to help them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Not watching the video as I don't want to become enraged but if you can't swim or don't want to risk your own life that's fine. Don't be a vile piece of fucking shit and laugh and mock someone who is drowning. At the least call 911.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Seinfeld Good Samaritan Law?

But, judging from the dialect of the utes in the video...I wouldn't expect they would help...even if they could swim...which is doubtful.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Teens were high "we gonna hit that blunt".

They probably wouldn't know how to perform a water rescue even if they were sober. Most people, even people who can swim, don't.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Agreed. Jumping in to rescue him probably wouldn't be smart unless you're a strong swimmer. I don't really judge them for not jumping in.

I judge them for laughing.
I judge them for recording it instead of calling the police.

Fuck these little pieces of trash.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Urban yutes
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:30:17 PM EDT
[#24]
No one gotz time fo dat.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL.  Let's be real here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Agreed. Jumping in to rescue him probably wouldn't be smart unless you're a strong swimmer. I don't really judge them for not jumping in.

View Quote
Yep.

Their attitude was shit, and they are dirt-bags.

But had I been there, and been drunk. No way would I want to try to rescue someone in the water.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#27]
The Teens are sad examples of the next few generations.

So how did this guy, get into a fenced off area in the first place, nothing mentioned in the article.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#28]
And they wonder why we don't give 2 shits that they waste each other in record numbers....
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Holy fuck, they didn't even have the humanity to call 911 or report it.  

Hope the little fuckers get theirs.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Yep.

Their attitude was shit, and they are dirt-bags.

But had I been there, and been drunk. No way would I want to try to rescue someone in the water.
View Quote
Me neither. Sober, I would have risked it. Drunk? Nope. I'd feel like shit about it though, and there's no way I'd be laughing or mocking, and I'd definitely be calling 911 immediately.

Zero regard for human life.

And people wonder why we supposedly have a "gun violence" problem in this country...maybe it's because shit heads like this don't value life.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
A lifeguard once told me. It's safer to save them after they drown.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My son is a SoCal lifeguard. They use flotation devices of course if they are conscious. They don't touch them for obvious reasons unless they are unconscious. He has like...8-10 rescues in his name.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:39:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Teens or "teens"?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Typical Teen Behavior
View Quote
Not when I was a teen. I got Red Cross certified as a Lifeguard @16yo. It was the typical kind of behavior me and my friends engaged in.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That is psychopathic behavior. That being said, anyone swimming out there to help might have been taken down with him, if he was desperate, irrational and thrashing.
View Quote
Used to live on a busy tourist beach here.

People have drowned trying to rescue normal people in trouble let alone a crazy loon.

You really have to know what you are doing and a crazy loon that gets in to trouble on purpose is not worth my life.

If a kid fell in fine that's the shit sandwich I get and you have to FO, but going near a drowning cary no fucking way.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
What he said.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
To be fair, it's likely none of them could swim.
View Quote
I believe that I smell what you're cooking.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#39]
 am i in before arf's resident know-it-all intellectuals (the usual suspects) arrive to lecture us about how we are all racists for daring to cricitize these fine upstanding young men  and how "dindu nuffin" and " yutes" are some kind of racist white power code talk we use?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My son is a SoCal lifeguard. They use flotation devices of course if they are conscious. They don't touch them for obvious reasons unless they are unconscious. He has like...8-10 rescues in his name.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Wait.  Why are we hating on the yutes and not MYOBing?  GD you're drunk go home.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Typical Teen Behavior
View Quote
No... it's not.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm pretty sure he's banging (or will be soon) one of the chick lifeguards he works with
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
 am i in before arf's resident know-it-all intellectuals (the usual suspects) arrive to lecture us about how we are all racists for daring to cricitize these fine upstanding young men  and how "dindu nuffin" and " yutes" are some kind of racist white power code talk we use?
View Quote
I've literally never seen this happen here before. Who does this? Or maybe you're exaggerating?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Wait, this is Florida...  Gators?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#46]
I bet those teens didn't know how to swim.  Many blacks don't know how and while blacks can be taught, their greater bone density gives them a propensity for sinking.  

They should have at least summoned help.

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#47]
And the common denominator between the teens is what?

fuckin mush mouths!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#48]
...detectives forwarded the case to the Brevard County State Attorney’s Office in Viera...

The Brevard County State Attorney's Office added that the teens do not appear to have violated any laws
View Quote
They saw him walk in on his own, in a fenced off area.  

They were MTOB.  

They apparently broke no laws.

So why exactly are they "pieces of shit"?

In a free society, life carries a certain amount of risk.  It was fenced off, the guy appeared in control of his own actions, and his well being is not their responsibility (yet).  How were they to know he wasn't committing suicide?  There are alligators everywhere in FL, and maybe they couldn't swim?  Were they just supposed to know that he was a disabled father, information we all have the luxury of reading about after the fact?

Are they heroes?  Hell no.  Laughing about knowing he was dead was pretty damned cold, but they are well within their rights.

IMHO Florida did the right thing.  

Problem is they are probably going to use this to try and legislate morality by passing some Good Samaritan law, to broaden the reach of protecting people from their own stupidity.

Net result?:
1) people unknown to each other will be wholly responsible for the well-being of others (i.e. the whole point of the Welfare State)
2) morality will now be further legislated in one of the last free-ish states left
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:55:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
I probably wouldn't have jumped in to save him.   But I would have done something.  I certainly know what I wouldn't have done.   What those shit heads did.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They saw him walk in on his own, in a fenced off area.  

They were MTOB.  

They apparently broke no laws.

So why exactly are they "pieces of shit"?

In a free society, life carries a certain amount of risk.  It was fenced off, the guy appeared in control of his own actions, and his well being is not their responsibility (yet).  How were they to know he wasn't committing suicide?  There are alligators everywhere in FL, and maybe they couldn't swim?  Were they just supposed to know that he was a disabled father, information we all have the luxury of reading about after the fact?

Are they heroes?  Hell no.  Laughing about knowing he was dead was pretty damned cold, but they are well within their rights.

IMHO Florida did the right thing.  

Problem is they are probably going to use this to try and legislate morality by passing some Good Samaritan law, to broaden the reach of protecting people from their own stupidity.

Net result?:
1) people unknown to each other will be wholly responsible for the well-being of others (i.e. the whole point of the Welfare State)
2) morality will now be further legislated in one of the last free-ish states left
View Quote
He CLEARLY wanted help.

They are pieces of shit for laughing and mocking. They are pieces of shit for not calling 911.

It's pretty simple. They shouldn't be charged, as being a shit stain isn't illegal...but it doesn't change the fact they are shit stains. You don't need to know anything more than 1. man drowning 2. I should call for help. That's it. Nobody is expecting them to be heroes. That man's own SISTER said she understands why they didn't jump in. Basic human decency would have told these pieces of trash that this isn't a funny situation and to call 911.

Don't make it more complicated than it is. This isn't some huge moral dilemma.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top