Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/20/2017 3:03:08 PM EDT
a few years ago I posted a thread about my coworker going crazy during a debate on gun control with me, and had to be sent home crying.  Dude was super ghetto, said 'sheeet' a lot.

He was just part time, and was promoted at his full time job to Battalion Chief, so he resigned from the company I work for.

So apparently during the one year anniversary of the Pulse shooting, Disney gave all the Orlando and Orange County cops and firefighters free passes for the parks.  A couple of the firefighters were caught selling the tickets, and Disney found out, and cancelled those tickets.  The people they sold the tickets to demanded a refund, and were told no by the firefighters.

This is where my former coworker joins the story.  He called the people asking for the refund and pretended to be a Disney employee.  Not sure what he thought he could accomplish, but he's a moron.

Now he's suspended.  He should be fired for fraud, but that would be racist.  Here's the full story:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-fire-rescue-disney-tickets-20170719-story,amp.html
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Florida Man
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Which is why you shouldn't do nice things or do people favors anymore.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Once you are given something.

It should be your choice what to do with it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Disney WELCHED!

If no conditions the Firefighters should sue.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Disney WELCHED!

View Quote
Lol, I'm sure the terms of the tickets made them non-transferable. Disney has a fleet of lawyers, they wouldn't fuck up something this simple.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:07:38 PM EDT
[#6]
FSA lives in Florida.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
And it was.  Disney didn't stop them from selling the tickets.

Disney just stopped people from coming into the park.  Your tickets, your rules.  Their theme park, their rules.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Lol, I'm sure the terms of the tickets made them non-transferable. Disney has a fleet of lawyers, they wouldn't fuck up something this simple.
View Quote
They sure do.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Shitbag firefighters should be fired.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So apparently during the one year anniversary of the Pulse shooting, Disney gave all the Orlando and Orange County cops and firefighters free passes for the parks. 
View Quote
In a way, it was Disney's fault.
Why give every cop and fireman passes when only a couple of the firemen and officers were on the scene of that incident?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why give every cop and fireman passes when only a couple of the firemen and officers were on the scene of that incident?
View Quote
Families maybe?

The old saying on out job was "If there was a way to fuck up a deal, a fireman will find it".
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Disney WELCHED!

View Quote
LOL

Rogueboss, is that you?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Families maybe?

The old saying on out job was "If there was a way to fuck up a deal, a fireman will find it".
View Quote
Every organization has its "the ten percent" that fuck up everything.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Typical FSA assholes.

"I know somebody did something nice for me, but I want MORE!!!!''
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Hose draggers, Lolz.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Disney are f'n cheap if they went through the time, trouble, and expense of finding out the ticket numbers and identities of the individuals who sold their tickets and then cancelling them
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:02:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Sheeeeeeeeeeit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Boo hoo.

Disney is trying to be nice, there is no fault.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#20]
"On March 31, Kiture asked Battalion Chief Darion Butler hypothetical questions “to illicit a response on both if [he] gave the tickets away or sold them, what could possibly happen,” according to Kiture’s disciplinary letter."

Whoever wrote that deserves the electric chair.  We have gone over this time after time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
They were given non-transferable tickets.

I guess free non-transferable tickets just isn't good enough, eh?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:12:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Jesus cops and firefighters are the cheapest neediest fuckers on the planet I swear

even though they make more and have way better benefits than a majority of the public
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Disney WELCHED!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Disney WELCHED!

LOL.

The tickets state that they can not be exchanged. The firefighters should go fuck themselves for cheating people out of money

Here’s a different way to get in trouble. When Walt Disney World officials gave four free passes to fire, police and EMS who responded to the Pulse Night Club massacre they had one stipulation — the tickets were not to be resold.
Huntley told the woman who bought the tickets to falsely tell Disney she was his cousin and that he gave — not sold — her the tickets, records show.
When the woman tried to use the tickets, she was refused entry into the park. She tried to get her money back from Huntley, who she said was “reluctant” and stopped communicating with her, according to Fire Rescue documents.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-fire-rescue-disney-tickets-20170719-story.html
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#24]
lol Firefighters
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Disney are f'n cheap if they went through the time, trouble, and expense of finding out the ticket numbers and identities of the individuals who sold their tickets and then cancelling them
View Quote
Disney tracks the serial number of every single ticket they generate. For freebies like this, they probably just set aside a block of serial numbers and flagged them as special.
These days, names and photos are also often associated with the tickets; helps cut down on things like folks getting into the theme parks and then handing their ticket through the fence to a buddy. Just heard recently that Disneyland (California) did away with their practice of hand stamps for park re-entry, instead every single person entering is photographed and the photograph is added to the ticket's electronic file. That way, when someone goes to re-enter a park, the ticket taker scans the ticket and a photo pops up on the kiosk screen. If photo doesn't match person, no entry and I think they can freeze the ticket right there on the spot.

More relevant: I've been given a couple Disneyland tickets over the years as freebies--usually as a "thank you" for volunteering at some event that Disney organized. I was issued and signed for that ticket, so I'm betting they logged my name to that ticket's serial number.
They do have legions of people who scan social media, Ebay, etc. for scams, fraudulent ticket sales, and that sort of thing, so it wouldn't be out of their way to see someone offering tickets on Facebook. Then just open the ticket database and search for the name of the person trying to give them away, and freeze all the unused tickets associated with their name.

Bam. Five minutes of work, tops, for someone who's already doing that sort of thing full-time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Disney WELCHED!

View Quote
Ummm... no..

The firemen acted like assholes...
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#27]
You're a certain level of special when you do something like that. 

Those tickets were given out to individuals by name and were prepackaged. I don't doubt the codes were already tied to a specific name, which is how they were able to pin point who sold what tickets. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Families maybe?

90% of  insert your favorite target  give the others a bad name
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:36:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
LOL

Rogueboss, is that you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disney WELCHED!

LOL

Rogueboss, is that you?
"I would raid them and seize all their guns" is him.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Honestly, the sign of the lowest breeding is anytime somebody is giving a gift or a favor, they immediately try to profit from it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Families maybe?

View Quote
This is true.  I am recalling a couple of free food deals that got boogered up by greedy firemen.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:45:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disney WELCHED!

You don't go to war with the Mouse.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sheeeeeeeeeeit.
View Quote
We wuz kangs!

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sad, but true...
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Leave it to a firefighter to fuck up a freebie. Never fails.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Just to add insight to how this happened, both firefighters listed the tickets on Let go!  One of them was stupid enough to post a picture of the tickets, the other wasn't.  Disney has people that monitor those sites, and they saw the numbers on the tickets, and cancelled them.  

The same family bought tickets from both fire fighters, so only half their group was able to get in.  The half that got in left the park to find the half that didn't get in, and complained, and told Disney they bought their tickets the same way, so Disney cancelled those tickets also.

The family asked for a refund, and the firefighters laughed, so the family reported them to Disney.  

If the firefighters would have just have gave them back their money,  they wouldn't be on trouble right now.

I have no idea what Darion (my anti-gun ex-coworker) was trying to accomplish.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#38]
I am not surprised.  At my department your rank determines how much trouble you get in for lying.  A battalion chief would at most be demoted to lieutenant if they did anything at all.  The sad thing is most of the guys probably used them the way Disney intended and now Disney will think twice before doing something nice like that in the future.

Edit. English is a challenge for me tonight.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:22:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Fire the firemen.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
And it should absolutely be Disney's right to decline to give them any more free tickets.

Which is what I expect will be the outcome.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
You don't think Disney already had that list?

It's not like they just grabbed a stack of tickets and started handing them out.  I'm sure they got rosters from the agencies and issued tickets by serial number to each individual.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Thread truly angers me.   (at the tards screwing up the job)
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Disney WELCHED!

View Quote
Please shut up!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#45]
This can't be true firefighters are all heroes :-)
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
They allocated a numbered block of tickets, they were tracking them anyway for write off purposes, all they did was index those numbers.  A keystroke saved them $100 for every ticket.  That's good ROI.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Sounds like OP's former coworker came in after the other two messed up and tried to smooth things over. Did a poor job of it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:01:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Clay Davis of The Wire "Sheeeeeeeit"
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:07:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Dirtbags in every profession, even ours.

Disney has traditionally been very generous in rewarding First responders.

1n 1998, after the wildfires that burned so much of the state, seemed like we had free passes for every park.

It was great  for me, only way I could afford to take my kids.

Ain't getting rich working for my department.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:09:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sounds like OP's former coworker came in after the other two messed up and tried to smooth things over. Did a poor job of it.
View Quote
He's stupid.  I don't like him after he blamed guns for Sandy Hook.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top