Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Usually I'm not that guy but I really hated him and his shitty music.
View Quote

Not "that guy" eh? I'm thinking that the ex that you mentioned would probably say you're that guy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I still remember going on a field trip in jr high and listening to hybrid theory on the bus.

I loved that album. And as I got older I fucking hated it. It wasn't that it was bad, just over played.

Still, it feels like a bit of my youth has died.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No such thing as ghosts
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your ass is gonna get haunted and then whose going to be laughing? 
No such thing as ghosts
So you're not afraid of no ghost? 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You should throw some of his crybaby lyrics at me now

And stop shitting in my threads like you usually do before casting stones
View Quote
Dood... meds, you forgot to take yours today.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Lots of people don't quite grasp genuine depression and mental illness.

My grandmother was a nurse in WWII and came out of that with more demons than anyone will ever know. Several mental hospitals, a dozen of botched attempts and she finally succeeded with the good old hose to the exhaust pipe trick.

All she wanted was to escape,  not thinking of the mess left behind. My old man was 11 when he found her in the car.

Lots of badasses in here though giving people shit for a loss in their life.

I wasn't a Linkin Park fan at all, but it truly sucks that he is dead.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm really not sure why some people feel the need to vigorously hate on a guy who committed suicide because he could never get over being molested as a child.  I mean how would YOU deal with something like that  I've got my own problems, but getting molested is an exponentially deeper pit of darkness to crawl out of.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My exwife liked them,every time they came out with a new whiny bitch song I'd have a few weeks of bullshit in my relationship,Glad he's dead.
View Quote
Only people with women like ours can understand this. If Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift followed suit my life would be better.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well... that sucks if true...

Hate me all you want, but I always enjoyed their music.
View Quote
Me too.  I never got to see them in concert.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lots of people don't quite grasp genuine depression and mental illness.

My grandmother was a nurse in WWII and came out of that with more demons than anyone will ever know. Several mental hospitals, a dozen of botched attempts and she finally succeeded with the good old hose to the exhaust pipe trick.

All she wanted was to escape,  not thinking of the mess left behind. My old man was 11 when he found her in the car.

Lots of badasses in here though giving people shit for a loss in their life.

I wasn't a Linkin Park fan at all, but it truly sucks that he is dead.
View Quote
It's just the good ole IDF (Internet Douche Factor) rearing its head again.

And totally agreed regarding depression. Some people just have too many demons in their heads to deal with it productively. And then they shit in internet threads about some guy dying.

Btw... RIP Chris and Chester. You weren't my favorite front men, singing in my favorite bands (I'm a child of the 80s). But I dug some of what you created and it did touch my soul enough that I'm sad that you felt so alone when you chose to check-out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm really not sure why some people feel the need to vigorously hate on a guy who committed suicide because he could never get over being molested as a child.  I mean how would YOU deal with something like that  I've got my own problems, but getting molested is an exponentially deeper pit of darkness to crawl out of.
View Quote
It's probably more to do with the terrible music.

And if Dianne Feinstein killed herself tomorrow because she couldn't handle the anguish of being raped by an elephant how do you think that thread would go?

There is no moral high ground in GD.  We deal in hypocrisy and shit posting is our currency.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And if Dianne Feinstein killed herself tomorrow because she couldn't handle the anguish of being raped by an elephant how do you think that thread would go?

There is no moral high ground in GD.  We deal in hypocrisy and shit posting is our currency.
View Quote
So lemme get this straight... an entertainer [whose music that many did appreciate] dying is the same as an anti-freedom, career politician she-devil dying?

Yes... the shit post expenditures have been impressive.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I liked Hybrid Theory and Meteora, and saw them live at the Projekt Revolution tour in '04, they were good back then imo.
Everything they did after was complete garbage.

I still hate to see 6 kids lose a dad.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Just last night heard ad on the radio for their tour, thought I need to look that up and see if I can get to one.  Kinda the opposite of a couple months ago seeing Soundgarden a week before Chris died.  

LP's first two albums were bomb and a huge part of the soundtrack to some of the best years of my life.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:23:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Or common sense.

The tard that has raped the 2nd amendment in California and nationwide, and who continues to use the Constitution as toilet paper is clearly 100% comparable to an artist that makes music.

By that same logic Mother Teresa is simply Hitler in drag.

Motherfucker...
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Saw them in concert on their first tour.  Quest night club in Minneapolis on February 8, 2001.  I remember spending about 4 days downloading their first album over 56k on napster.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My exwife liked them,every time they came out with a new whiny bitch song I'd have a few weeks of bullshit in my relationship,Glad he's dead.
View Quote
Maybe someone will say the same thing about you. That's usually the reaction to attention whores.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Or common sense.

The tard that has raped the 2nd amendment in California and nationwide, and who continues to use the Constitution as toilet paper is clearly 100% comparable to an artist that makes music.

Motherfucker...
View Quote
So celebrating one person's fall to mental illness is okay if you don't like their ideas or their career?  A lot of people feel the exact same way about Donald Trump but that's TOTALLY different because of the reasons we've worked out internally.

That's the point.

We swim in the deep sea of moral relativism and instead of being honest about it people would rather cloak themselves in mobility.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Was he a rapist?  accusation here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Sad. How you get to that point, where it seems like suicide is the only option?  Must be an extremely lonely feeling.  I liked them, good memories associated with their music.  Too bad...
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What did he have on Hillary?
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Only people with women like ours can understand this. If Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift followed suit my life would be better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My ex wife suicided a week before I got remarried, she was big into bands like Radiohead.  Doesn't mean I will go out of my way to shit on their fans though. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#22]
One of my favs
Given Up [Official Music Video] - Linkin Park
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm not the one QQ ing

Neither are you but there's a lot of it going on in here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You seem to be the salty one
I'm not the one QQ ing

Neither are you but there's a lot of it going on in here
The only one that really hit me was Cornell, to me, he was the best voice in rock.  I listened his work for what 30 years?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Knowing a few folks that committed suicide, I have changed my outlook on it. I used to say they were cowardly assholes. But that's looking at their situation through the filter of rational thought.  After talking to a guy that seriously attempted to kill himself, he pointed out to me that those folks are in a darker place than any rational person can imagine. After the very long discussion with him, all I can say is I hope Chester found his peace and that I hope I never find myself in that dark of a place.
View Quote
I think you are right.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The only one that really hit me was Cornell, to me, he was the best voice in rock.  I listened his work for what 30 years?
View Quote
I agree completely with you on that statement
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Actually, if you do a little research, she was nearly as bad.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#27]
So is he in heaven or hell?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#28]
For fuck's sake, what a fucking nightmare of a thread.

I used to be one of those who thought suicide the coward's way, that you were a selfish prick. Even more so if you were better off than I am financially and such. Then something happened that made me change my mind about that, complete 180. Its a very dark place that most of us should be thankful that we do not know about. Its a place that we don't let ourselves cross into. But for people like Bennington, Cornell, Williams, etc., etc. its the only solution they can think of. Its sad when someone succumbs to those demons. It doesn't matter if you like the person and their work or not, its a sad outcome. I, as well as GD, hate Amy Schumer and if she were to hang herself tomorrow because the demons got her it would be a sad outcome. I would not be sad, but the circumstance is. To think that some one with that much fame, fortune, and resources can only find answer in death...

As for Bennington...guess that explains a lot of his lyrics. Him and Shinoda wrote most, if not all, their lyrics and if you really listen to it, you can hear the demons yelling. And his tribute to Cornell on Kimmel is almost foreboding.

Side note, contemplating a few "clicks" after this thread.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I was never a huge Linkin Park fan, but they had a few really good songs and I've seen them live twice, opening for other bands.  They were outstanding live.  Sad to hear about this.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I agree completely with you on that statement
View Quote
Well here's your boy sharing the stage with the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNEG5qaflnU
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Infinitely better a musician, though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh, what's this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_v1SLIt01Q
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Audioslave was awesome
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
Pretty much what happened.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She supervised the extermination of over 6 million people + millions more of casualties? Hyperbole much?

Christopher Hitchens was a charlatan.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn. RIP

Quoted:
damn. i never got to see them live. one of the last bands on my list i wanted to see.
View Quote
I saw them in 2001 at the Family Values Tour. They were meh. STP stole the show that year.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Cornell had more talent in his pinky.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cornell copycat?
Cornell had more talent in his pinky.
Agreed.

But I think @tifosi was talking about the suicide methods.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#39]
He lived in Palos Verdes Estates? That's where rich old people go to retire. I guess when he was off the road he preferred a quiet home life. Not much happens there.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#40]
I liked their old music. He was very much abused when younger and it is sad to see him do this even if you don't like his music.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I love seeing members who think their god's gift to the site bury themselves.
View Quote
You still post here? Seems I couldn't open a thread without seeing a post by you pre-early November to mid January. Haven't seen shit since.

Guess you don't have much to say now that you-know-who's in the White House.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#42]
I really like Linkin Park.   Err...  "Liked".  

Damned shame.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Audioslave was awesome
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Audioslave was awesome
Cornell's rendition of Ave Maria is in my top 5 Christmas songs.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You still post here? Seems I couldn't open a thread without seeing a post by you pre-early November to mid January. Haven't seen shit since.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love seeing members who think their god's gift to the site bury themselves.

He fucking ignores me on skype too the cheeky cunt.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Audioslave was awesome
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Audioslave was awesome
Completely agree.  They were my favorite Cornell band.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
He lived in Palos Verdes Estates? That's where rich old people go to retire. I guess when he was off the road he preferred a quiet home life. Not much happens there.
View Quote
Nope. It's pretty slow.

I grew up there.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#48]
If he wrote the lyrics to Papercut it's pretty obvious he had psychological or drug problems. Or The Catalyst "And when I close my eyes tonight
Two symphonies of blinding light"
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Powerful.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Hybrid Theory is arguably the best rock album of this millennia. Unarguably the best debut. Reanimation had some good ones in there and Meteora was mostly good. Everything since has been really bad, unfortunately.

Even if you were a fan of Linkin Park, chances are good you have never heard the Hybrid Theory EP. Hybrid Theory was the band name before Chester joined and this album sounds the most like Linkin Park's debut Hybrid Theory. Original copies of this album go for around $750 and there are fewer than 1000 copies of it. Enjoy

https://youtu.be/KKvyRic5N6g

(Embed fail)
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top