Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I enjoyed some of their songs although I doubt I could name any that didn't get radio play. That sucks.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Truth.  If you have nobody who depends on you then it's not the worst thing to kill yourself, but if you have a bunch of kids it's a kinda shitty.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you have 6 kids you are an asshole for killing yourself..
Truth.  If you have nobody who depends on you then it's not the worst thing to kill yourself, but if you have a bunch of kids it's a kinda shitty.
My father had two kids...me and my sister...

If he had not killed himself when I was ten he would be in prison still, and we would have been homeless/penny-less...

By him killing himself it left us with a large insurance payout that took care of us.

Chester Benningtons kids might be better off if for only the fact that they are not around a drug abuser (former or active don't know) anymore. Yes it is sad and yes it might even be selfish on some levels but no one here knows the whole story.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]
He was a talented vocalist for sure. I remember watching this show on him, and a recording engineer was talking about his unique voice. Every time he screams it's more like a chord than a note. Anyway, it's not good (that he died).
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm listening to Hybrid Theory and munching on some serious memberberries.

I haven't heard most of these non-single tracks in probably at least 10 years. I'm reminded of people, places, and things I haven't thought about in a long time.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I haven't heard most of these non-single tracks in probably at least 10 years. I'm reminded of people, places, and things I haven't thought about in a long time.
View Quote
I do that often lately, takes me back to times in high school and college. Then I text old friends with those memories, and start to remember other friends of that time. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Again, that's rational thought. Somebody about to kill themselves isn't rational. It's a very dark and desperate place that I hope you or I never have to find.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#7]
This does suck honestly.  I was a fan of LP back during my HS years and even now still appreciate hearing it from time to time.  The were a pretty talented group even if you didn't like their somewhat emo style of music.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They judge peoples outsides by their own insides.
Meaning, "Hey, everything is going well for me, what an asshole for killing himself"
View Quote
Yup. And "he's RICH, so he should be happy as hell!!!" Money (and drugs) won't make you get over being molested. Some people are able to "get over" that, but not very many.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yup. And "he's RICH, so he should be happy as hell!!!" Money (and drugs) won't make you get over being molested. Some people are able to "get over" that, but not very many.
View Quote
That torture in life is what created a lot of his music, same for a lot of artist.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Yet nickel back is running around all healthy and happy. In the end it doesn't even matter.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#12]
While not there biggest fan, sucicide is alwaysa sad situation.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Meteora is a good album.
View Quote
I liked a lot of their music.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn.

Just went to a funeral this past Sunday for a guy I knew from high school that ate his gun.  No one saw it coming but apparently he was dealing with many demons and finally chose to end it.  Great guy, no one could think of a negative thing to say about him and yet his mind was so trashed he decided to end it.

Suicide sucks.  Its a shame because while not a huge fan of LP's music you just hate to see someone go that route.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Dammit just when I thought they had FINALLY stopped playing their old worn out songs on the radio...  Now it's going to be all they play again for a few MORE years!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That torture in life is what created a lot of his music, same for a lot of artist.
View Quote
"In the End" really is fitting when you think about it.  Chester tried so hard, got so far, and in the end he just couldn't get over his inner demons
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Maybe having 6 kids doesn't have anything to do why he killed himself. Maybe he loved his kids but still didn't want to live. I've known 5 people that have killed themselves, one was my oldest brother. He has 3 daughters.The reason they kill themselves makes sense to them, not to me or you. Its mental illness.
View Quote
Yup. People with depression are good at convincing themselves to think that everyone would be better off if they killed themselves. I started down that rabbit hole way of thinking a few times when I was younger, but having been through a suicide... I didn't want to do that to my kids. But I wasn't molested, didn't have substance abuse issues, etc.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
selfish prick for doing that to his kids.

i have terrible days and deal with a ton of shit that makes me think about doing bad things, and then i remember my daughter and family. thoughts instantly go away.

their early stuff was good, after meteora it all sucked.
View Quote
Oh shit, you had a bad day so you now understand depression?

I guess since I skipped lunch today I completely understand anorexia.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
INDEED! Most artists are tortured souls. It's what gives them the passion to create their art. But those feelings are still in there. I know that I wrote my best material when I was going through emotional turmoil. Most artists do. Non-artistic people don't understand that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dammit just when I thought they had FINALLY stopped playing their old worn out songs on the radio...  Now it's going to be all they play again for a few MORE years!!!
View Quote
The only way it could get worse would be if Amy Lee and the singer of Three Days Grace kill themselves next.  I remember in my youth it seemed like LP, TDG and Evanescence were like of half the songs on the radio.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Oh shit, you had a bad day so you now understand depression?

I guess since I skipped lunch today I completely understand anorexia.
View Quote
triggered....
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:59:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yet nickel back is running around all healthy and happy. In the end it doesn't even matter.
View Quote
Damn... is is hypocritical to admit that my butthurt would be nonexistent if Chad Kroger was the one who offed himself.

But I wouldn't think of him as a selfish asshole for doing it. In fact, him choosing to end OUR suffering would be quite selfless.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Bummer.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
View Quote

Too soon?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
About. Fucking. Time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
About. Fucking. Time.
Quoted:
Who?

Still don't care.
Quoted:
Quoted:
Six pages of mourning a guy I never heard of until now.
Did I miss anyone?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Well.....looks like I won't be seeing them perform in Houston.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:10:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Never been there
View Quote
Hipsters at Stanford University made me feel like a douche for not knowing about or being into LP back in 2010 and they were "Burners", so I just assumed that based on the "We're so cool and you're not" talk that everyone under the sun but me was into their music
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#29]
In this thread: Those that have no understanding of depression.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well.....looks like I won't be seeing them perform in Houston.
View Quote
You dodge a bullet
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#31]
His whole musical career was one tired cliche from start to finish.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Hipsters at Stanford University made me feel like a douche for not knowing about or being into LP back in 2010 and they were "Burners", so I just assumed that based on the "We're so cool and you're not" talk that everyone under the sun but me was into their music
View Quote
My exwife liked them,every time they came out with a new whiny bitch song I'd have a few weeks of bullshit in my relationship,Glad he's dead.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My exwife liked them,every time they came out with a new whiny bitch song I'd have a few weeks of bullshit in my relationship,Glad he's dead.
View Quote
Keepin it classy
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#34]
I just saw this. It really sucks, I like Linkin Park's music.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Keepin it classy
View Quote
Guy was a crybaby bitch who put out shitty music.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I liked Linkin Park..Hybrid Theory is an excellent album...they have a few tracks that will long be remembered and played.

Hopefully, the music industry will start holding itself and it's enablers accountable.

He was a talented vocalist.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Damn, that's crazy.  He was the reason why I listened to them. I never cared for the other guy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
a bit rough isn't it? for a stranger you don't know who wasn't a pedo or some piece of shit?

or are you always that guy?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:21:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

a bit rough isn't it? for a stranger you don't know who wasn't a pedo or some piece of shit?

or are you always that guy?
View Quote
Usually I'm not that guy but I really hated him and his shitty music.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Everyone got your point the first few times you said it.  Edgy as fuck.  He still made a lot of music that a lot of people like, even though you don't.  RIP.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why did you hate 'him'? Did he effect your life or bottom line? Then why did you listen to it?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Seems like he was a big influence in your life that you have to come into a thread and trash people who have a differing opinion than yours of his music. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Why did you hate 'him'? Did he effect your life or bottom line? Then why did you listen to it?
View Quote
I didn't my exwife loved them.So I had no choice but to hear them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They were close friends
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cornell copycat?
They were close friends
And CC's B-day
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Seems like he was a big influence in your life that you have to come into a thread and trash people who have a differing opinion than yours of his music. 
View Quote
People do it in my threads all the time

C'est la vie
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I do that often lately, takes me back to times in high school and college. Then I text old friends with those memories, and start to remember other friends of that time. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Music, just like smells, can transport us to other places. I think it one of the reasons that people are sad when someone like Bennington/Cornell/Hutchence kills themselves. Even though we didn't know them personally their music was a part of our lives. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Dang. I listened to Hybrid Theory and Meteora a lot in junior high.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:31:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yea you are that guy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#50]
I guess he just couldnt break the habit
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top