Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2017 2:11:04 PM EDT
anyone have a suggestion as to which maker and model we should replace it with? Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just repair it?  It might be a truly trivial part.  Bit of a PITA to access, but certainly doable.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Bosch.

We actually have two dishwashers in the kitchen, a Bosch and a GE Monogram, and the Bosch cleans a little bit better than the Monogram.

Two dishwashers:

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not just repair it?  It might be a truly trivial part.  Bit of a PITA to access, but certainly doable.
View Quote
circuit board is fried, $220 w/o tax for a  new one. Not even sure that is the only problem. Not hard to access part but a new similar model dishwasher is going for $400 - $450. Like I stated in Original Post the washer is 11 years old, not so sure it's worth the investment. Not so sure we're going to reside here much longer, we will want a decent working washer for the sale.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Bosch is always the correct answer when it comes to dishwashers that don't have tits.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked up a maytag last year for $499 very happy with it. Stainless steel interior very quiet cleans well and no nasty ass filter to change it has a propped food chopper. Also has a dry setting which bosche does not, that might be fine in AZ but here in humidity i need a dryer and don't want rotting food in a mesh I have to empty.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
ITT, 87% of respondents will recommend Bosch. And they will all be correct.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
circuit board is fried, $220 w/o tax for a  new one. Not even sure that is the only problem. Not hard to access part but a new similar model dishwasher is going for $400 - $450. Like I stated in Original Post the washer is 11 years old, not so sure it's worth the investment. Not so sure we're going to reside here much longer, we will want a decent working washer for the sale.
View Quote
$220?  Yep, get a new one.  I fixed mine with a $20 impeller rebuild kit, but if a board or controller goes, it's a goner.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Bosch the 800 model, don't go below that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#10]
We just bought a Maytag from Home Depot.  My husband installed it, loaded it up and pressed go.  Then when back to reading on his Kindle.  After 10-15 minutes, he noticed it had not started and he was pissed, new dishwasher not working, until he realized it was that quiet.  It is a great machine.  From our receipt, it appears the model number is MDB4949SDZ0, NMFC code (whatever that is) 119540.  

I am sure you have seen all the Samsuck threads here on Arf.  When we went to look, he found a Samsuck he really liked the look of but I told him Arf says no.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why not below 800? My understanding is the 300/500 have the exact same wash mechanism, just fewer options and styles. 

But if you aren't stuck on having hidden controls or a 3rd rack or whatever, I think any of those models will get you to the same place as far as how clean your dishes get.

I have some version of the 500. Picked up one with a built in water softener. Couldn't be happier with how well it cleans.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Bosch all the dishes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well first off to prove I read the OP there is really one answer. SINCE YOU ARE SELLING SOON. Go to the nearest HD/Lowes/Frys/BestBuy and find a scratch and dent floor model, contractor grade DW for +/-$300. Install it and forget about it. When the new owners get in the house and it craps out on them in 7-8 years let them deal with it. Problem solved. Thank me now
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Not that it helps your situation but "11 years" and "finally" should not be together in the same sentence regarding an appliance's life span.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:22:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why not below 800? My understanding is the 300/500 have the exact same wash mechanism, just fewer options and styles. 

But if you aren't stuck on having hidden controls or a 3rd rack or whatever, I think any of those models will get you to the same place as far as how clean your dishes get.

I have some version of the 500. Picked up one with a built in water softener. Couldn't be happier with how well it cleans.
View Quote
I bought a 500 and it made a whining noise at times during the cycle, my friend's does the same thing, high pitched whine. 800 is dead silent. The wash mech may be the same, pretty sure the 800 has thicker/more insulation, I dunno. (Yep 42db for the 800 vs 44db for the 500... Massive difference lol)

Ours look(ed) different that what is currently offered... Looked more like the Ascenta. I'd roll with the 500 I guess, but the 800 isn't that much more. Keep in mind this was 6yrs ago, I'm sure they have redesigned/changed. My 800 was purchased 2yrs ago.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Not that it helps your situation but "11 years" and "finally" should not be together in the same sentence regarding an appliance's life span.
View Quote
the average lifespan of a consumer grade DishWasher is about 9 years according to many of the sources I've read. So, finally is probably the correct term.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:02:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
the average lifespan of a consumer grade DishWasher is about 9 years according to many of the sources I've read. So, finally is probably the correct term.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow.  Every appliance in my house is over 15 years old including my GE dishwasher. I think I'd be really pissed if something like a dishwasher only lasted 9 years.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Boshe; because who needs dry dishes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top