BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a better idea: eat shit and grab your ankles commies, we're going in dry:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/214740/IMG-0192-258450.JPG
View Quote

Thanks, I needed that laugh. Your post and the coupon cracked me up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
LIMIT SENATE AND CONGRESS TERMS FIRST.
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Assuming that Steven Calabresi and James Lindgren are tenured law professors I propose that tenure at colleges and universities be limited to 6 years.  This will protect students from the creeping senility and insanity of far too many professors that seems to start at achieving tenure.  They should still receive their salary but be assigned to a park bench with a good view of clouds to yell at. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:44:39 AM EDT
[#5]
   LA Times.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Instead we should limit Ginsberg to 18 more weeks seconds.
View Quote
FIFY.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Notice that they didn't mention Sotomayor or Kagan for term limits? They are fairly young too. But then again they have the "correct" view point so they get a pass.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:06:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Dems never seem to understand that obstructionism to "new bright ideas" isn't a flaw in the Constitution, it's a feature.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Never gonna work because the dems would just stall the repubs nominations indefinitely and then get to nominate 4.  

I think a good  place to start term limitations is with justices newspaper editors who can't do their job anymore.   For example staying awake during work hours. That should be a no brainer.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Come on, Ginsberg....
View Quote
Don't fear the reaper...
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Can we retroactively remove RBG then?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:45:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'll give them credit for one thing, they stuck with commissioning a poll there the polling method (polling the same 400 people during the course of the campaign) predicted Trump winning or well within the MOA when all other polls showed Trump behind and below the MOA. They took a lot of heat from libtards both internally and externally for that.

The LA Time /USC Dornsife poll was the only poll from a major paper that had it right from the get-go.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'll give them credit for one thing, they stuck with commissioning a poll there the polling method (polling the same 400 people during the course of the campaign) predicted Trump winning or well within the MOA when all other polls showed Trump behind and below the MOA. They took a lot of heat from libtards both internally and externally for that.

The LA Time /USC Dornsife poll was the only poll from a major paper that had it right from the get-go.
I don't know if it was the same poll, but I saw it/similar (same people throughout) and it showed every little bump in the road that each candidate hit.  I thought it was interesting and as you state, proved to be accurate/correct.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Idiots need to be beosch slapped.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They know they are screwed

and

it's wonderful...............
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
yeah this too
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:25:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Can we get a fugly ban also?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:10:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can we get a fugly ban also?
View All Quotes
Renew...

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Assuming that Steven Calabresi and James Lindgren are tenured law professors I propose that tenure at colleges and universities be limited to 6 years.  This will protect students from the creeping senility and insanity of far too many professors that seems to start at achieving tenure.  They should still receive their salary but be assigned to a park bench with a good view of clouds to yell at. 
View Quote
Fuck yeah!

@DKprof

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good idea (not really [/sarcasm] and we'll start right away:  anyone who's been there longer than 18 years, raise your hand.

Kennedy, Thomas, Ginsburg and Breyer:  bye, bye.

President Trump, you have a few appointments to make.
View Quote
We'll keep him around a lot longer.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Can we retroactively remove RBG then?
View Quote
SOmebody inflate a lunch bag and pop it behind RBG!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Liberal thought is an exercise in hypocrisy Idiocy.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm in favor of term limits on anyone working in the government, elected or appointed. But since the LA Times is for it too they can fuck themselves and this term limit bullshit.

In all seriousness you have to realize that human beings have limits, and those limits get much shallower the older you get. Now a lifetime appointment sounds good and provides just enough theater for someone not paying attention to think it adds some impartiality and objectiveness to the position. If this were even remotely true why wouldn't we make congress a lifetime appointment? (like it isn't already) Hell if the voters thought you were hot shit in your late 30s or early 40s when they first elected you then after four decades removed from the strains of constantly pandering to the masses for your next paycheck must make you the bestest, mostest super honest guardian of civic honor in the world, right? ...

El-Oh-Fucking-EL

In reality the lifetime appointment is a nice election night bonus and boon for the party that happens to be in power. The only real check it has the at some point in time a functioning human (not RBG) will have had enough and hang it up. They can finally write a book, spend some time with family, or just spend all day in your underwear sitting on a lawn chair with your feet in a kiddy pool and a cold beer in your hand wondering what all the poor people are doing. Not bitterly clinging onto any shred of relevance they can get their hands on between catnaps and depends changes. The benefit of the lifetime appointment is only the person appointed knows when that day will come and it adds some valuable instability to our political process. But I'm not sure its a big enough benefit to give up a bench stacked with judges that weren't around when AM radios were high tech and fucking telegraph offices still existed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#24]
State Supreme Court Justices aren't lifetime appointments.
I'm not a big fan of lifetime appointments.  Many judges have to be put on the ballot for approval ever 6 or ten years.  Nothing special about the Supreme Court   They are just a bit more artful at being partisan.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
this is what needs to be done.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:38:49 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Dammit

Now I am going to think of RBG every time I see Holly 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:42:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Be afraid...be very  afraid.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#30]
The left is really losing their shit.  I wonder how much longer before the craziness boils over?  
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 4:15:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Levin said 12 years in the liberty amendments
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top