Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Neither does taking asvice from ANYBODY on Howard Stern.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except this is home defense not back yard defense
Well then I hope the bad guys give me time to put the shotgun down and retrieve the rifle.

Or maybe I could just use the rifle to begin with?

Nah.

#sealz4lyfe
"hoping" doesn't seem like a smart tactic
Neither does taking asvice from ANYBODY on Howard Stern.
He has interviewed some pretty successful people over the years.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Pot just called the kettle black.

Other then starting this thread I don't think I started a single comment, only responded to attacks from angry people that hate shotguns, seals and me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what's the consensus. Grab the closest weapon to you? They both do the job when used properly.
I mean, a cinderblock to the noggen could work too but I'm not sure that's a great option.

Shotguns will, without a doubt, stop a badguy from doing whatever you don't want them doing. That's without dispute.

All that is being said, in all these various threads though-out the years, is that ARs have some advantages that make it a better option for home defense.

However, even suggesting this makes some shotgun fans freak out and go into a derp-vortex. Then we get fun threads and new memes.

So I guess that isn't all bad.

Other then starting this thread I don't think I started a single comment, only responded to attacks from angry people that hate shotguns, seals and me
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Robin quivers was a service member. A nurse I believe.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Robin quivers was a service member. A nurse I believe.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Actually I'm pretty sure you called out the service of every single person with a .mil icon who dared point out that being a SEAL or shooting Bin Laden doesn't make one a home defense expert, and demanded to know what was so special that they had done.  That might have something to do with some of us hanging around to continue to make you look stupid.  That, and because it's funny making you look stupid.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:31:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what's the consensus. Grab the closest weapon to you? They both do the job when used properly.
I mean, a cinderblock to the noggen could work too but I'm not sure that's a great option.

Shotguns will, without a doubt, stop a badguy from doing whatever you don't want them doing. That's without dispute.

All that is being said, in all these various threads though-out the years, is that ARs have some advantages that make it a better option for home defense.

However, even suggesting this makes some shotgun fans freak out and go into a derp-vortex. Then we get fun threads and new memes.

I really doubt anyone here hates you. I'm pretty sure no one cares about you at all. It started with guys trying to help you, but you doubled down and insisted that a disgraced seal was the only voice worth hearing.
No one hates you. That would imply that you and your opinion matter. Neither do. I'm here because I'm being entertained. It's at you expense.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Stern's dad was a green beret in ww2
View Quote

So?  What has that gotto do with anything?  My Uncle was in Korea. You think Mattis will let me advise him on the Norks?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Actually I'm pretty sure you called out the service of every single person with a .mil icon who dared point out that being a SEAL or shooting Bin Laden doesn't make one a home defense expert, and demanded to know what was so special that they had done.  That might have something to do with some of us hanging around to continue to make you look stupid.  That, and because it's funny making you look stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think I "called out" anyone,  I'm pretty sure my response to attacks was basically "if you know so much what have you done?"

Did you shoot OBL in the face?

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't think I "called out" anyone,  I'm pretty sure my response to attacks was basically "if you know so much what have you done?"

View Quote

Have you defended your house from a home invader?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I really doubt anyone here hates you. I'm pretty sure no one cares about you at all. It started with guys trying to help you, but you doubled down and insisted that a disgraced seal was the only voice worth hearing.
No one hates you. That would imply that you and your opinion matter. Neither do. I'm here because I'm being entertained. It's at you expense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was told i'll be thought of in the month to come so i'm pretty sure I matter to some.

And to you directly, i've mattered to you every time you replied
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I was told i'll be thought of in the month to come so i'm pretty sure I matter to some.

View Quote

Or you know, you could be old news and we'll have some other Shotty Mafia member to ridicule.  Or maybe we'll just get drunk, arm wrestle and eat crawfish.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP: Are you now aware that O'Neill didn't kill Bin Laden, and that he was PNG'd from his unit?

If not, this is like watching a kid write with his feces on the wall.

You yell at him to stop, but you aren't going to reach in and get in the way.
View Quote
So besides the other SEAL who else is saying that he did not kill UBL?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would any of us shoot a corpse in the face.

Maybe he thought UBL was a Zombie?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are we really going back to the beginning? Fine by me.

As I said many times before, getting to the OBL raid team is nothing to sneeze at and a guy on that mission, who shot OBL in the face, uses a SG for HD.

When did I ever say I know more then that?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm an AR guy for HD. But I still have a "fighting shotgun" ready as a backup. Yet I have a buddy who has citations for killing a number of haj with his M4 and now as a civilian he won't own a AR. He has a bunch of shotguns that he keeps ready. And the shotgun is one of the few weapons he never used to kill the enemy. Blows my mind.

He smoked a dude at 10ft with his M4 on a skt, but still is all about the shotgun.
View Quote
The thing you can say about the shotgun is one round of 00 buck center mass will end the problem. Seems some of these guys dont have as much faith in 5.56 (or even other rifle rounds) being as much of a show stopper.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:46:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Or you know, you could be old news and we'll have some other Shotty Mafia member to ridicule.  Or maybe we'll just get drunk, arm wrestle and eat crawfish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm betting a circle is somehow involved when you guys get together.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol...

You're being mocked and you think it makes you important. That's awesome.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Why would any of us shoot a corpse in the face.

Maybe he thought UBL was a Zombie?
View Quote
OP....... bringing "shot him in the face" back
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
And look who we found to be the pivot man.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Lol...

You're being mocked and you think it makes you important. That's awesome.
View Quote
Being mocked by a who? You?

You're just an angry dude that keeps coming back.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah, take it from GD
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't take advice from showboaters who make false claims about their exploits to land book deals.
Yeah, take it from GD
Selection is much broader with everything from legitimate people who have BTDT that don't blue falcon their buddies, to mongotards who insist on following Cleatus's gun counter advice.

Ever crack off a round of 12 GA in the house before?

12 Gauge 28" barrel 151.50dB.
26" barrel 156.10dB
18" barrel 161.50dB

.223, 55GR. Commercial load 18" barrel 155.5dB

Both will cause permanent hearing loss unsuppressed, as well as temporary disorientation in a high-norepinephrine blood level scenario.

Suppressed SBR AR with appropriate ammunition is the way to go if you can, like O'Neill's unit prefers in the house.  You know, the guys that PNG'd him for lying about the Bin Laden raid and writing a book about it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP: Are you now aware that O'Neill didn't kill Bin Laden, and that he was PNG'd from his unit?

His whole Squadron, who then PNG'd him for lying about it, while the actual shooter keeps his mouth shut.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#24]
OP has "shot him in the face" assigned to a hotkey.  Bet on it.

I've never seen a thread where someone so obsessed with the act of shooting someone in the face.  Hell I don't think most bukkake websites are this obsessed with shooting someone in the face.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you are actively searching for a pivot man.

Whatever floats your boat just be safe and use condoms because Fox news did a report saying the gay community is at a higher risk of catching sexually transmitted diseases.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Angry about what?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Eh, I go back and forth on this. I usually keep a pistol bedside, but I've switched between 870 Express and AR. I've leaned towards the AR because of lower recoil and more ammo, but I dunno... The shotgun does have advantages.

If the guy that killed OBL says the shottie is the way to go, thats speaks pretty loudly to me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
His whole Squadron, who then PNG'd him for lying about it, while the actual shooter keeps his mouth shut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know his squadron png'd him did they tell you? Did they write a book?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Cool
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:04:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Whatever floats your boat just be safe and use condoms because Fox news did a report saying the gay community is at a higher risk of catching sexually transmitted diseases.
View Quote
Ahh the tried and true high school insinuation that someone is gay. Good one kid.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
OP has "shot him in the face" assigned to a hotkey.  Bet on it.

I've never seen a thread where someone so obsessed with the act of shooting someone in the face.  Hell I don't think most bukkake websites are this obsessed with shooting someone in the face.
View Quote
It seems to bother you and make you angry.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Arfcom is spying on my phone and giving me ads for shotgun now
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ahh the tried and true high school insinuation that someone is gay. Good one kid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Are we really going back to the beginning? Fine by me.

As I said many times before, getting to the OBL raid team is nothing to sneeze at and a guy on that mission, who shot OBL in the face, uses a SG for HD.

When did I ever say I know more then that?
View Quote

You're the one who seems to think shooting Zombie Bin Laden in the face qualifies one to pass ultimate judgement on HD and questioned my creds (Which are non-existant except for a year billeted as a Rifleman in Golf 3/23 4th MarDiv and then a hitch with VMGR-352 3rd MAW El-Toro)).  I'm just trying to establish yours.  You sneer at BTDT types that have kicked in doors and shot people in the face so what HSLD unit were you with that gives you som much more insight that them?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gary Oldman "EVERYONE!!!"
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:15:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Eh, I go back and forth on this. I usually keep a pistol bedside, but I've switched between 870 Express and AR. I've leaned towards the AR because of lower recoil and more ammo, but I dunno... The shotgun does have advantages.

If the guy that killed OBL says the shottie is the way to go, thats speaks pretty loudly to me.
View Quote
When did he say that the "shottie" is the way to go? He probably just has one sitting around the house like me and every other American.

No one uses a shotgun for clearing buildings, that is what should speak loudly to you.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Can you elaborate specific reasons why?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Remember when we had a cool pit that was not a sad husk of it's former self. Trolls used to die honorable deaths in battle.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It seems to bother you and make you angry.
View Quote
Nope, not really.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Remember when we had a cool pit that was not a sad husk of it's former self. Trolls used to die honorable deaths in battle.
View Quote

Thanks Obama.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:21:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
One is self immolating pretty well right here before our eyes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I hate to bring more logic here, but wouldn't the guy that killed OBL have killed him with a shotgun if they were so good at shooting people in houses? It isn't like DEVGZRU can't get any small arm they want. Why did he use an AR variant.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

One is self immolating pretty well right here before our eyes.
View Quote
But doing it out in GD is indecorious.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:27:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I hate to bring more logic here, but wouldn't the guy that killed OBL have killed him with a shotgun if they were so good at shooting people in houses? It isn't like DEVGZRU can't get any small arm they want. Why did he use an AR variant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's almost like the M16/M4/AR is a really versatile weapon that can both engage in combat situations (not applicable to us civi types) and can effectively make bad guys stop doing bad things at very short ranges inside structures  (100% applicable to us civi types in a home defense situation).

Unless there are bears. Then you are just proper fucked. And there's always bears....
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Matt Bisonette never claimed to have killed UBL.
View Quote
But doesn't he claim to have been the second guy in the stack and claims to have put rounds into OBL after another shooter did?  Was he shooting a corpse?  Or does he claim a third or later shooter finished OBL off?

That's what's confusing about it all.

Both Bissonnette and Oneill claim to have been #2 in the stack.  I think most accounts agree that the pointman shot at someone but couldn't confirm hits or who was the target.  Some accounts claim it was OBL that the pointman shot at and some say it might have been OBL's youngest wife.

Oneill's account says OBL was standing behind his wife, apparently the same one that might have been the person shot at by the pointman.  I think I've seen it atttributed to Oneill both that he thinks the pointman shot at the wife and wounded her, but also that he's sure the pointman missed whoever he shot at...which seems inconsistent.

I think Bissonnette's account was that OBL was down on the ground when he fired into him.  But that could actually line up with Oneill's account if the pointman and Oneill had already entered the room and put rounds into OBL and THEN Bissonnette came in and put rounds into OBL.

Oneill apparently now acknowledges that three people, including Bissonnette, fired their weapons.

So was it really Oneill who was #2 and Bissonnette came in after Oneill had dropped OBL and then Bissonnette puts rounds into him but is careful not to claim "killing" him because he knows OBL was mortally wounded if not yet confirmed dead before he put his rounds into him?

What I keep seeing is double talk about who is lying.  A lot of the criticism isn't addressing what actually happened, it's directed at Oneill and Bissonnette speaking out in the first place.  While I can appreciate the code of silence, anger over speaking out seems to get confused with whether or not Oneill or Bissonnette or both are actually lying about how things went down.

So whose valor did Oneill steal?  If not Bissonnette's, then it must be this unnamed pointman.  But it seems pretty uncontroverted that the pointman shot at a figure who leaned out from behind concealment, but the ID of the figure isn't certain and whoever it was retreated back behind concealment so no hit could be confirmed.

I agree that it's crappy for both Bissonnette and Oneill to try and grab the spotlight, but I don't know that this proves that Oneill is claiming something false.  Who do you think killed OBL?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

But doesn't he claim to have been the second guy in the stack and claims to have put rounds into OBL after another shooter did?  Was he shooting a corpse?  Or does he claim a third or later shooter finished OBL off?

That's what's confusing about it all.

Both Bissonnette and Oneill claim to have been #2 in the stack.  I think most accounts agree that the pointman shot at someone but couldn't confirm hits or who was the target.  Some accounts claim it was OBL that the pointman shot at and some say it might have been OBL's youngest wife.

Oneill's account says OBL was standing behind his wife, apparently the same one that might have been the person shot at by the pointman.  I think I've seen it atttributed to Oneill both that he thinks the pointman shot at the wife and wounded her, but also that he's sure the pointman missed whoever he shot at...which seems inconsistent.

I think Bissonnette's account was that OBL was down on the ground when he fired into him.  But that could actually line up with Oneill's account if the pointman and Oneill had already entered the room and put rounds into OBL and THEN Bissonnette came in and put rounds into OBL.

Oneill apparently now acknowledges that three people, including Bissonnette, fired their weapons.

So was it really Oneill who was #2 and Bissonnette came in after Oneill had dropped OBL and then Bissonnette puts rounds into him but is careful not to claim "killing" him because he knows OBL was mortally wounded if not yet confirmed dead before he put his rounds into him?

What I keep seeing is double talk about who is lying.  A lot of the criticism isn't addressing what actually happened, it's directed at Oneill and Bissonnette speaking out in the first place.  While I can appreciate the code of silence, anger over speaking out seems to get confused with whether or not Oneill or Bissonnette or both are actually lying about how things went down.

So whose valor did Oneill steal?  If not Bissonnette's, then it must be this unnamed pointman.  But it seems pretty uncontroverted that the pointman shot at a figure who leaned out from behind concealment, but the ID of the figure isn't certain and whoever it was retreated back behind concealment so no hit could be confirmed.

I agree that it's crappy for both Bissonnette and Oneill to try and grab the spotlight, but I don't know that this proves that Oneill is claiming something false. Who do you think killed OBL?
View Quote

IDK but I'm pretty sure the instrument was 5.56 and had a 30 rd mag.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You're the one who seems to think shooting Zombie Bin Laden in the face qualifies one to pass ultimate judgement on HD and questioned my creds (Which are non-existant except for a year billeted as a Rifleman in Golf 3/23 4th MarDiv and then a hitch with VMGR-352 3rd MAW El-Toro)).  I'm just trying to establish yours.  You sneer at BTDT types that have kicked in doors and shot people in the face so what HSLD unit were you with that gives you som much more insight that them?
View Quote
Not much surprise that we lose good members who have BTDT, who simply get tired of being frustrated trying to use real world experience in explaining things, because it's not worth their time to beat their head against the wall anymore.  It's a shame, because I like learning from people like that.  

FWIW, I'll take the suppressed SBR any day of the week and twice on a Tuesday night.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How do you know his squadron png'd him did they tell you? Did they write a book?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an official Navy statement, aside from his Squadron mates.

Sources who know and worked with O’Neill, who was first identified by the special operations blog SOFREP, said his version of events showed cracks almost from the night of the raid itself. One former special operations official said that O’Neill didn’t identify himself as the main shooter in the “hot wash” debriefing that operators conducted immediately after the raid at an air base in Afghanistan. But upon his return stateside, O’Neill identified himself as the trigger-man to members of the public while drinking in some favorite SEAL bars in Virginia Beach, VA. (This account was independently verified by a second source.) O’Neill’s behavior prompted his superiors to counsel him that the operation was classified, the former official said.
Bin Laden shooter story is FUBAR

The Daily Beast asked Fox News about O’Neill’s version of events and how the filmmakers corroborated it for the documentary. The channel said that those questions would be answered in the film, which will air over two nights. Peter Doocy, the 27-year-old Fox reporter who scored the O’Neill interview told the network on Thursday, “We asked Rob O’Neill why his version of the story was a little bit different than what we’d heard before, and he does explain that in the special.”
Nutshell.  After every mission, you conduct an After-Action Review to determine what happened from everyone's perspective, what was supposed to happen, and what can we do to improve.

O'Neill never said anything about him being the shooter during the AAR, as he was assigned to another clearance route on the OBJ, and the guy who first saw and shot Bin Laden isn't saying anything in public.  O'Neill and Bissonette are not that guy.  O'Neill doubled down that there were only 2 people in the room, him and Osama, and Osama can't vouch for him now.  It's retard hour clown shoes that we're even hearing about all this in open sources, let alone who the unit was that was in the slot for the mission.

Like I said, 4th Infantry Division is the official unit that captured Saddam Hussein.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top