Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 29
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
A member here has a good story about him and his wife seeing BF while driving. He's a ex NFL guy, can't remember his username.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
edited, saw your reply
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A member here has a good story about him and his wife seeing BF while driving. He's a ex NFL guy, can't remember his username.
View Quote
@crashburnrepeat

He's my 0.01%
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
edited, saw your reply
View Quote
Start here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Guys an idiot. I captured the only one alive. Trained it to clean my house, even wears an apron.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You disagree?
View Quote
Are you saying that she botched the DNA or is this meant as a general character assassination?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:30:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I remember reading his story .

There's actually a few members here that have had encounters or heard vocals that were unexplainable .

Most were outdoorsman that have heard elk , owls , cats , birds , moose , bears , hogs  before .

I wish I had a good story but mine can be explained by my mind I believe playing tricks on me in a stand while bear hunting over bait.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Didnt they have a T.V show and go on crazy adventures?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Them monkees is real, I seen't em.
Didnt they have a T.V show and go on crazy adventures?

hey hey
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@crashburnrepeat

He's my 0.01%
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@crashburnrepeat

He's my 0.01%
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Start here.
View Quote
This is an article on the very real politics of science.  The nuclear DNA is the key, but if they are close to us, they very well could fall within the margins of error.  At least that is my understanding.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There's actually an over abundance of scientific evidence that they do exist . Most people that say there's no scientific evidence have never spent time researching it.
View Quote
Sorry, I usually enjoy and agree with your post. But this is utter bullshit.

As a young boy seeing the Patterson film for the first time in the early 70's I was hooked on the idea of Bigfoot. I read all I could on the subject and on the Loch Ness monster. I understood that since cameras were rare and not always easy to operate that real footage or photos would be hard to get.

The early 90's brought about easy access to the internet, and thus information. Or mis-information. More and more sightings, even close to my home in East Texas. That is when I started to really search hard. Going to the areas of sightings and talking to people brought no information. Plenty of laughter though. I had hunted these same properties for deer for years, and never seen anything more exotic than a Bobcat.

Then the cell phone/camera/trailcam age began. I knew that within a few years there would be definitive proof that Bigfoot existed.

Nope.

In the last 20 years we have captured photos of Jaguars, Jaguarundi, Ocelots, mangy bears, Cougar where they shouldn't be. The list is large. These are critters that are extremely rare to see, yet we have photos of them all.

Physical evidence? I can take you out in the woods here in East Texas and find bones pretty quick. Every fence has deer and hog hair on it. Tracks are everywhere. Droppings last for quite some time especially during the summer when it dries out quickly. Has there EVER been any of that found for Bigfoot?

Nope.

And yes, we can know if something exist or not. Especially in North America. We know for a fact that Wooly Mammoth and Mastodon existed here. We have physical evidence of their remains. We also know they do NOT exist any more. Bigfoot has ZERO fossil record in NA and zero evidence of its existence now. No DNA, no hair, no definitive tracks, no remains, no scat and no photographs.

Bigfoot doesn't exist.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@crashburnrepeat

He's my 0.01%
View Quote
Hes one of the few people whos story I believe, I'm not saying he saw bigfoot but he saw something.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hes one of the few people whos story I believe, I'm not saying he say bigfoot but he saw something.
View Quote
Also  his wife saw the same thing .
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:53:02 PM EDT
[#15]
texasbagman nailed it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As a young boy seeing the Patterson film for the first time in the early 70's I was hooked on the idea of Bigfoot. I read all I could on the subject and on the Loch Ness monster. I understood that since cameras were rare and not always easy to operate that real footage or photos would be hard to get.

The early 90's brought about easy access to the internet, and thus information. Or mis-information. More and more sightings, even close to my home in East Texas. That is when I started to really search hard. Going to the areas of sightings and talking to people brought no information. Plenty of laughter though. I had hunted these same properties for deer for years, and never seen anything more exotic than a Bobcat.

Then the cell phone/camera/trailcam age began. I knew that within a few years there would be definitive proof that Bigfoot existed.

Nope.

In the last 20 years we have captured photos of Jaguars, Jaguarundi, Ocelots, mangy bears, Cougar where they shouldn't be. The list is large. These are critters that are extremely rare to see, yet we have photos of them all.

Physical evidence? I can take you out in the woods here in East Texas and find bones pretty quick. Every fence has deer and hog hair on it. Tracks are everywhere. Droppings last for quite some time especially during the summer when it dries out quickly. Has there EVER been any of that found for Bigfoot?

Nope.

And yes, we can know if something exist or not. Especially in North America. We know for a fact that Wooly Mammoth and Mastodon existed here. We have physical evidence of their remains. We also know they do NOT exist any more. Bigfoot has ZERO fossil record in NA and zero evidence of its existence now. No DNA, no hair, no definitive tracks, no remains, no scat and no photographs.

Bigfoot doesn't exist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's actually an over abundance of scientific evidence that they do exist . Most people that say there's no scientific evidence have never spent time researching it.

Nope.

Nope.

Bigfoot doesn't exist.
Meanwhile, only recently has evidence began emerging that supports the eastern mountain lion exists.  But the same idiots in here that say BF can't exist say the same about the eastern mountain lion.

How many of our self proclaimed avid outdoorsmen here recommended getting an RV in a tent thread?

But remember, we know what is on every square inch of ground in our country and none of it is undisturbed.  Just forget about finding 100 year old rifles leaning against trees and stuff, that's a fluke.  But muh science knows everything!

I am neither a believer or a denier.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nope.

Nope.

Bigfoot doesn't exist.
View Quote
Believe me I understand your apprehension to still believe . I just disagree with your assessment of the anatomy presented by Meldrum
in his research of track evidence .  He explains it based only on science not tales or stories he might have heard or read.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Start here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
edited, saw your reply
Start here.
Just read it, but from what I gather thats exactly what Ketchum posted on her web page. That she was made fun of and told to knock it off.

From your link

"They do state that they did not publish her paper “due to recommendations from the editorial board, peer reviewers, referees, editorial staff, and other associates.”"

on ketchum's website it says due to the above circumstances she went through an anonymous journal review due to the above mentioned.
So that link basically just confirms what I copied from Ketchum's website.

did she do any other work that you are referring to?

With the way things are today, even if someone had real evidence they would probably want to hide it instead of expose it because of all the negativity surrounding the subject.

A good example of this is take a look at that little Alabama girl, Hannah Barron. so many people hate on her saying her noodling to catch catfish is fake, when in reality she isnt faking anything.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Believe me I understand your apprehension to still believe . I just disagree with your assessment of the anatomy presented by Meldrum
in his research of track evidence .  He explains it based only on science not tales or stories he might have heard or read.
View Quote
Tracks are the most common physical evidence found.  Its laughable to suggest that there is no good data here.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I know there are a ton of hoaxers out there and what footprints of different wildlife looks like in mud,dirt,snow etc, both fresh and old but the one thing i would like to know is what is really making "foot prints" miles from anywhere in some rough hard to reach country.
Not the ones found by people with an agenda to make money, just a guy out with friends or family for a hike and find some big ass footprints. you can tell the fakes from the ones that make you go hmmmm pretty easily on most of the ones people are claiming they found.

and also who is walking around barefoot in the middle of nowhere as well, i recall a few members here posting about finding normal sized barefoot prints way out in the back country while camping

I have heard some weird shit in the woods but i don"t think its Bigfoot every time i hear something i cant explain but there has been a few wtf moments

And i would really like to know what the hell it was a few of the well regarded members here really saw
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I know there are a ton of hoaxers out there and what footprints of different wildlife looks like in mud,dirt,snow etc, both fresh and old but the one thing i would like to know is what is really making "foot prints" miles from anywhere in some rough hard to reach country.
Not the ones found by people with an agenda to make money, just a guy out with friends or family for a hike and find some big ass footprints. you can tell the fakes from the ones that make you go hmmmm pretty easily on most of the ones people are claiming they found.

and also who is walking around barefoot in the middle of nowhere as well, i recall a few members here posting about finding normal sized barefoot prints way out in the back country while camping

I have heard some weird shit in the woods but i don"t think its Bigfoot every time i hear something i cant explain but there has been a few wtf moments

And i would really like to know what the hell it was a few of the well regarded members here really saw
View Quote
Of course.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Tracks are the most common physical evidence found.  Its laughable to suggest that there is no good data here.
View Quote
Agree

It's just misfortunate of the abundance of people who hoax videos , tracks , tell tall tales .

It keeps the majority of the scientific community away from any real  research due to be being branded a crack pot  , crazy  etc..

But as was said there are some scientists  who have spent the time researching and looking at the evidence presented while facing scorn or ridicule
in their fields of expertize .
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Its all those white sharks patrolling the shoreline.
View Quote
Bullshit.  All the white sharks moved up the Mississippi to Kentucky Lake
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#24]
So, tell me, how are they avoiding game cameras?

Why have none been hit by a car?

How many do you hypothesize are in the US?  How many states?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Bullshit.  All the white sharks moved up the Mississippi to Kentucky Lake
View Quote
I think you meant to say Bull Shark.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Meanwhile, only recently has evidence began emerging that supports the eastern mountain lion exists.  But the same idiots in here that say BF can't exist say the same about the eastern mountain lion.

How many of our self proclaimed avid outdoorsmen here recommended getting an RV in a tent thread?

But remember, we know what is on every square inch of ground in our country and none of it is undisturbed.  Just forget about finding 100 year old rifles leaning against trees and stuff, that's a fluke.  But muh science knows everything!

View Quote
You can't possibly think your comparison has any merit. We know Cougars exist, and we have proof they exist.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
All good questions .
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Some speculate because they can see IR, hear camera noises, smell it, observer it, etc...  Me personally, I think they are able to sense electrical energy.  

You don't know that, you are making assumptions.

There are reports in 49 states that have been vetted by a third party.  So I will go with that.  I don't know on population size, but I believe it is far bigger than most could imagine.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Nope.

Bigfoot doesn't exist.
It is not apprehension, they simply don't exist. And Meldrum uses the Patterson film for foot structure and gait data. That film was a hoax. Meldrum is an accomplice in the lie and uses fake data for his lie.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
And tracks are the easiest to fake.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It is not apprehension, they simply don't exist. And Meldrum uses the Patterson film for foot structure and gait data. That film was a hoax. Meldrum is an accomplice in the lie and uses fake data for his lie.
View Quote
Of course it is.  BTW, the Patterson film is the oldest known footage in existence, it continues to stand the test of time of modern scrutiny.  The hoaxer claims have never panned out.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some speculate because they can see IR, hear camera noises, smell it, observer it, etc...  Me personally, I think they are able to sense electrical energy.  

You don't know that, you are making assumptions.

There are reports in 49 states that have been vetted by a third party.  So I will go with that.  I don't know on population size, but I believe it is far bigger than most could imagine.
View Quote
Except IR cameras don't put out IR unless they have sensed motion - at which time bigfoot is stuck trying to evade the sub .1 second trigger time and IR exposure of modern cameras.  They don't make any noise until they go off.  Smell it, maybe, but then they would have to know to always walk behind it - or over 75ft away - both unlikely.  Sense electrical energy - seems really likely, I mean those 8 AA batteries in a machine that only uses enough energy to take 2000+ shots.  I'm sure that would stand right out.

Where is the fur/blood/dna/pictures from the road kill?  Especially if they're in 49 states.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Actually he uses foot morphology and locomotion in monkeys  which is his expertize .
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm going to come clean here after 30 years.
In the '80s I may have shucked my boots once or twice in the Southern Oregon Cascades and walked along the muddy banks of a few creeks.
I have a distinct flaw in my left foot from an accident [4 toes] and thought it was a wonderful gag to pull on hiking California tourists.
I'm not convinced either way about the existence of bigfeets, but be aware there are smart-asses out there like me who are not above fucking up the research.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:08:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Except IR cameras don't put out IR unless they have sensed motion - at which time bigfoot is stuck trying to evade the sub .1 second trigger time and IR exposure of modern cameras.  They don't make any noise until they go off.  Smell it, maybe, but then they would have to know to always walk behind it - or over 75ft away - both unlikely.  Sense electrical energy - seems really likely, I mean those 8 AA batteries in a machine that only uses enough energy to take 2000+ shots.  I'm sure that would stand right out.

I have met several people who have reported having their electronic batteries drained similar to people that investigate paranormal stuff.  I can explain infrasound, I can't explain that.  They seem to have a unexplainable sense of when tech is in play.  I can't explain it and don't know, its just an assumption.

Where is the fur/blood/dna/pictures from the road kill?  Especially if they're in 49 states.
They don't have fur.  Hair and blood samples associated with their activity were submitted in the DNA project.  Just because you are not aware of it, don't assume that it couldn't have happened.  There are stories of this happening, but that doesn't make them true either.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

In the '80s I may have shucked my boots once or twice in the Southern Oregon Cascades and walked along the muddy banks of a few creeks.
I have a distinct flaw in my left foot from an accident [4 toes] and thought it was a wonderful gag to pull on hiking California tourists.
I'm not convinced either way about the existence of bigfeets, but be aware there are smart-asses out there like me who are not above fucking up the research.
View Quote

you are the reason we can't have nice things.

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:11:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL

i was more talking about the places where only the hardcore backpackers or hunters go and have found stuff, not weekenders and the like.
the type of places where you have to climb over a mountain and then cross a dozen rivers and through some thick bush

That's funny

When the Blair witch project first came out a friend and i would go hiking and hang a few of the totems from tress to freak people out, once even had the park rangers show up at the one metro park we did it at because it scared some snowflake
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have met several people who have reported having their electronic batteries drained similar to people that investigate paranormal stuff.  I can explain infrasound, I can't explain that.  They seem to have a unexplainable sense of when tech is in play.  I can't explain it and don't know, its just an assumption.

They don't have fur.  Hair and blood samples associated with their activity were submitted in the DNA project.  Just because you are not aware of it, don't assume that it couldn't have happened.  There are stories of this happening, but that doesn't make them true either.    
View Quote
That's why I don't even try to tackle those questions . It's an unknown creature that might have senses we aren't aware of. Its the equivalent of people speculating on echolocation
in certain mammals before science knew what it was.

edit

but don't take my post the wrong way , all good theories

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:25:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I wanted to answer the question if they are real, and I did.  Now I want to know what they are, and what type of threat they pose to us, especially with an increase in their population density.
View Quote
Zero.  Zero is the threat they pose to us.

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've always liked  this part . The curse of bigfoot , 48 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPlc9UY2iuQ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have spent many wasted hours with 3 different groups. I really wanted to believe, I wanted to believe my friends actually saw something amazing. BUT I went in pretty skeptical and while other considered themselves skeptical, they were wishful thinkers more than anything else.. Moneymaker and his cult DO NOT like real skepticism. Want to be alienated and have a piece of shit like him try to character assassinate? Be skeptical of shaky evidence.

There is no evidence but wishful thinking.

I truly hope you guys found somethingthough. I really do
I've always liked  this part . The curse of bigfoot , 48 seconds in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPlc9UY2iuQ
Blair Squatch Project?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Blair Squatch Project?
View Quote
I think it's the same producers , shaky camera ,check

Not the best film but it's entertaining to watch if you have any interest in the subject
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Are you saying that she botched the DNA or is this meant as a general character assassination?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You disagree?
There first must be character for one to assassinate it.  

She's a joke.  

You really want to go down the Melba Ketchum rabbit hole?

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:47:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

There first must be character for one to assassinate it.  

She's a joke.  

You really want to go down the Melba Ketchum rabbit hole?

View Quote
I don't really care.  She lead the project but there were other PHDs involved.  The work that they did have also been conducted by other independent groups, this one got the attention because of the sample size.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My impression as well.
View Quote
He certainly seems......familiar.

I wonder if he owns any llamas
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just read it, but from what I gather thats exactly what Ketchum posted on her web page. That she was made fun of and told to knock it off.

From your link

"They do state that they did not publish her paper “due to recommendations from the editorial board, peer reviewers, referees, editorial staff, and other associates.”"

on ketchum's website it says due to the above circumstances she went through an anonymous journal review due to the above mentioned.

With the way things are today, even if someone had real evidence they would probably want to hide it instead of expose it because of all the negativity surrounding the subject.

A good example of this is take a look at that little Alabama girl, Hannah Barron. so many people hate on her saying her noodling to catch catfish is fake, when in reality she isnt faking anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
edited, saw your reply
Start here.

From your link

http://historum.com/blogs/ghostexorcist/1380-melba-ketchum-s-bigfoot-dna-study-questionable-ethics-creating-journal.html

http://www.csicop.org/sb/show/the_ketchum_project_what_to_believe_about_bigfoot_dna_science

She's a fraud.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

He certainly seems......familiar.

I wonder if he owns any llamas
View Quote
Who doesn't?

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Certainly the same posting style

But who knows, maybe he has some common animal skull thats rotted that he wants to show us
View Quote
It just boggles the mind that some of the people here looked at that pic and that was enough to convince them of Bigfoot's existence and ONS' credibility
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Agree

Many  sightings that have happened were not research groups going in the field on expeditions . In fact most of those fail .
A creature this large needs a lot of water during the hotter months . They won't move as much during the heat either just like most other large animals in the heat.

If they do exist and I think they do. They will visit rivers  , lakes during the cover of darkness to drink and just cool off. I bass fish at night and have seen deer , black bear , even seen a few cows go into the river to cool off on at night. Those had gotten loose from a near by farm but where did they head in the heat?  A river to cool off

A bass boat with it's trolling motor and set up with thermal i. Like I said I think they do
View Quote
weren't you one of the people OKson sent photos too?

If so, do you still have them?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
some of you guys sure get your manties in knots trying to disprove what you don't believe in....it's rather comical.
View Quote
And some people will believe the stupidest, most Unlikely stuff on the basis of zero evidence and pure folklore.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
you know why there is growing evidence for the mountain lions in the east?  because there actually is fucking evidence for them, pics, scat, fur, tracks etc
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top