BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is the exact problem... no standards. Give someone who is high snacks but tell them they can only eat one...... or 1 bite or 1 little piece. Its stupid
View Quote
The problem is that people are disregarding the standards and thinking they can handle stuff they can't.  Treating THC edibles like regular snacks would be really stupid, but there's no indication that happened here.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Meh, these things happen when you normalize illicit drugs.

ZFG
View Quote
Yup.  

I don't know the details of the story other than what was mentioned in the linked article, nor do I know the drug usage history of each teenager who ingested the laced gummy bears.  But let's assume for a minute none of these teenagers had ever done drugs before.  Then they eat something that very unexpectedly fucks them up - wouldn't you be calling the medics if that happened to you?

But I see our resident potheads could give two shits less about anyone else's well-being, as usual.  Because it's all about legalizing weed and all other concerns are secondary.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yup.  

I don't know the details of the story other than what was mentioned in the linked article, nor do I know the drug usage history of each teenager who ingested the laced gummy bears.  But let's assume for a minute none of these teenagers had ever done drugs before.  Then they eat something that very unexpectedly fucks them up - wouldn't you be calling the medics if that happened to you?

But I see our resident potheads could give two shits less about anyone else's well-being, as usual.  Because it's all about legalizing weed and all other concerns are secondary.
View Quote
So you're assuming no prior drug use and they accidentally ate the gummy bears?  Sure, in that very far-fetched case it would be terrible.  

Pretty sure the reality is that they just ate too much, just like teenagers sometimes drink too much booze.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#5]
gotta watch those edibles, they'll sneak up on ya.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:23:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the drug warrior spin here with all the teen stuff.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ah, 11 brilliant folks did the old, "it has been over 30 minutes and we don't feel anything.  Let's take another one."

I read about that happening once before in the '70's.  Just once though, nobody has ever done it since...

View Quote
I have a friend in Colorado that did that, ate a item and was bitching about not feeling a thing and that it was a waste of money and they got ripped off, ate another one and about a hour later couldn't move lol

The friend that was with him started to get worried as he was freaking out, I was in tears when they were telling me the story and called them both dumbasses.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not saying people don't feel like they need to go to the hospital because of THC, but that as far as I know they don't need to go to the hospital.
What would they do for these people in the hospital besides reassure them that they aren't actually in danger?
View Quote
Nothing really.  Maybe some mild sedatives or something to take the edge off?  If anything a hospital is one of the worst places somebody could go if they got too high off edibles.  All the hospital staff can do is tell them about how they're in no danger to reassure them.  It's not that hard really.  Watch a funny movie or listen to some nice music while in a dim/calm environment
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yup.  

View Quote
List the potheads.  Who are they?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nothing really.  Maybe some mild sedatives or something to take the edge off?  If anything a hospital is one of the worst places somebody could go if they got too high off edibles.  All the hospital staff can do is tell them about how they're in no danger to reassure them.  It's not that hard really.  Watch a funny movie or listen to some nice music while in a dim/calm environment
View Quote
A sedative for a thc overdose?

A discount coupon to the hospital cafeteria would be much more effective.

"Eat lots of sweets, have the 72 ounce Coke. You'll be down and bummed in no time"

Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Dumb kids should stick to booze.  Nobody ever ends up in the ER from drinking too much.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:55:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yup.  

View Quote
I do actually agree that edibles need more regulation.  Edibles are not to be confused with standard cannabis usage.  They have a delayed onset and the potency is exponentially higher than smoked/vaped cannabis.  It's basically a recipe for disaster when inexperienced people try edibles.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I do think it's somewhat stupid how strong they make edibles.  They'll make gummy bears where a dose is like 2 gummies.  Chocolate bars where somebody is supposed to eat like 1/10 of the bar.  Cookies where you're supposed to eat like 1/4 of the cookie.  The people selling these should be required to set the dosage to amounts that people would actually eat.
View Quote
FWIW I think the prices tend to reflect the potency.  Higher potency is simply going to cost more.  While my sister was fighting cancer she got a candy bar - about the size of a Snickers bar - comprised of three small pieces.  Each piece was a good dose.  Now while you or I might be tempted to think in terms of eating the whole bar at one time, it was a $60 candy bar, or about $20 per piece.  Thats about the same cost as 1/8 oz. of very potent high quality weed.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Relevant image is relevant.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
All they needed was to sit in a dark room and listen to some greatful dead for about 6 hours.
Problem solved.
View Quote
Or Zepplin - or - shit I forgot the others
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:10:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Trying to find a reason to give a damn.  No luck so far.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife and I split ONE gummy bear.....we both thought it was a dud and went about our business......2 hours later we were baked beyond belief.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not saying people don't feel like they need to go to the hospital because of THC, but that as far as I know they don't need to go to the hospital.
What would they do for these people in the hospital besides reassure them that they aren't actually in danger?
View Quote
oh I know, I've smoked a ton of pot in my life. I guess my nephew had a panic attack, like I said he was born way early so he's a little slow and probably couldn't understand how he felt. I believe they just gave him something for anxiety
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have a friend in Colorado that did that, ate a item and was bitching about not feeling a thing and that it was a waste of money and they got ripped off, ate another one and about a hour later couldn't move lol

The friend that was with him started to get worried as he was freaking out, I was in tears when they were telling me the story and called them both dumbasses.
View Quote
That's the story I always hear. The person eats one gummy bear, doesn't feel anything an hour later, so they eat two more. Half an hour after that, they're tripping balls.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#20]
To the Mods:

All relaying of "experiences" in this thread are merely anecdotal, second or third hand accounts.

Nothing contained herein is an admission of, nor advocacy of any illegal activity.

This is a discussion of a current issue only, and should not be construed in any way as promoting, advoctating for, or condoning illegal activity of any kind,

In any place or at any time.

Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
When someone like Joe Rogan talks about how strong some edibles are, they're probably pretty strong.  Live and learn, I guess.
View Quote
They need the Joey Diaz training program... he's got Lee Syatt eating thousands of mg's per show now and it's kinda hilarious.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Morons. Edibles are no joke and will make you feel like you are dying. You won't though
View Quote
Drunken misread on a chocolate bar dosage (250mg) and the 12 hour cycle of:

Wheee!!!  Holy shit I'm baked
I'm gonna die
Can't die, wait it out
Wheee!!!  Holy shit I'm baked
I'm gonna die
Etc...
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Meh. Millions of teenagers have gone to the hospital after consuming more alcohol than they can handle. This is no different, except that you can actually die from too much alcohol.

Moderation, people; Use it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:00:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I thought I had been assured by GD that THC was perfectly safe, no side effects, good for you, health supplement?
View Quote
Stop being so dramatic. Every drug has side effects, isn't 100% safe and isn't good for you in large doses. Including Arfcom's beloved booze and Ambien.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yup.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ZFG
Yup.  

^ It's a literal "...think of the children!" post.

I have the feeling that you wouldn't have posted the same thing, if this were a thread about some teenagers who drank too much. Amirite?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Morons. Edibles are no joke and will make you feel like you are dying. You won't though
View Quote
Say...now that's my idea of the perfect recreational endeavor...making myself feel like I'm dying. Wheeeeeeee!   
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#27]
The article doesn't really make it clear if they knew what they were consuming and their potency. I can totally see a bunch if high schools kids passing them out unpackaged at a party and surprising the hell out of people... Hell booze is the same thing. At retail stores everything is well labeled along with recommended doses.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Regulations! We need regulations!  Let's get the officials involved, they will make it better.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Say...now that's my idea of the perfect recreational endeavor...making myself feel like I'm dying. Wheeeeeeee!   
View Quote
And to someone who doesn't drink, going straight to shots will make you sick puking all night and hungover the next day... It's really the same concept... A normal serving at recommended levels will not make you feel like you're dying. A beer or two won't won't either.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#30]
"Laced"

Cuck story.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What kind of candy assed 18yo needs to go to the emergency room for pot.  Rofl.
View Quote
From what I understand, these powerful new edibles are no joke. Like you eat 5 of these gummy bears and it's like smoking an ounce in 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I do think it's somewhat stupid how strong they make edibles.  They'll make gummy bears where a dose is like 2 gummies.  Chocolate bars where somebody is supposed to eat like 1/10 of the bar.  Cookies where you're supposed to eat like 1/4 of the cookie.  The people selling these should be required to set the dosage to amounts that people would actually eat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When someone like Joe Rogan talks about how strong some edibles are, they're probably pretty strong.  Live and learn, I guess.
In this case, "they" who made the gummies was most likely one of their friends, as marijuana is not legal medically or recreationally in Indiana, where this happened.

If you go to legal shops in states where it's legal, dosing info is on all the packaging of edibles to help prevent cases like this.

But what happened in regards to the news article was just some dumb kid who made gummies that probably had a 90+% THC concentration, which is obviously incredibly strong. It's very easy to extract THC from marijuana with products easily available to anyone. Mix that, with some kid who has no idea how to measure THC levels, and you have what happened in the OP.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

From what I understand, these powerful new edibles are no joke. Like you eat 5 of these gummy bears and it's like smoking an ounce in 5 minutes.
View Quote
Except, it's not. Completely different.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#34]
We're these from a legal recreational shop where they are regulated to 10mg per serving or an unregulated medical dispensary where they can be 100mg+ per serving?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Goddamn it, America!
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
He specifically mentions gummy bears on his latest Netflix special, "just eat a leg". Why the fuck do they make whole bears?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 3:15:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Fucking potheads...
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Fucking potheads...
View Quote
It wasn't pot.  It was gummy bears.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well that's only if you're a newb and have way too much.  Taking an appropriate amount responsibly will not result in uncontrollable paranoia.  What these dumb kids did was probably the equivalent of a teenager drinking 15+ shots in one go, and that certainly will result in unpleasant effects.  The difference of course is that mj won't KILL you if you have too much.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'll bet it wasn't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet it was more than "just" THC.

I'll bet it wasn't
+1

Maybe they weren't aware they were consuming a drug, but edibles can be powerful.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Booze is far worse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ZFG
Booze is far worse.
Its easy to slip someone drugs in food or drink. You know when you're drinking alcohol
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Damn, had no idea.

Why do people do that to themselves?

I suppose it is the same as someone wanting to drink another shot after consuming ten beers and already having a few shots.  What's one more right?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Its easy to slip someone drugs in food or drink. You know when you're drinking alcohol
View Quote
Had that happen once back in the day.  A coworker took my joking about needing some speed to keep awake far too serious...his last day and I got a very real Mt. Dew.  Holy shit. 
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Fucking teens. Grow up and do Meth like an adult.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:44:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"Laced"

Cuck story.
View Quote
My thoughts exactly. Manufactured by a company who advertised as such.

Shit makes my "friend" paranoid. He'll stick to good ol' beer.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Cop Eats Pot Brownies Calls 911 (Full)
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yup.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ZFG
Yup.  

People are responsible for their own actions right, or does that only apply when you feel like it does?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 4:54:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Damn, had no idea.

I suppose it is the same as someone wanting to drink another shot after consuming ten beers and already having a few shots.  What's one more right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Damn, had no idea.

With 10 beers you're already feeling it and that extra shot is going to hit you in like a minute tops.

With edibles, it'll take maybe up around 45 minutes or so before you begin to feel the first effects.

Not a good plan for the impatient!

I know a guy that went through some medical problems a few years ago. Guy grew up in the '80's and hit his fair share of reefer back then and quenched the cotton mouth with "Beer" beer. Been around the dipshit block more than once but never got around to having any edibles back in the day. He got his shit together and became a regular Joe, you know with a house and kids and a good job and responsibility and all that shit. So the dude is stuck at home for months and is trying to taper off of all the Rx dope and a buddy we both know and I dropped in on him. The guy I was with dropped him off a small bag of home made brownies for later when we left.

Dude told me later he ate one and tripped balls for hours. Next morning, he gets to thinking that was bull shit since he'd already had pain meds so he decides he isn't going to take any pain meds unless he begins hurting bad and instead will just eat a brownie to get a good baseline check on what's actually happening.

He ate one while doing some house keeping chores and says he's about a half hour in when he decides he was right, it *was* all bull shit and eats another.

Well, as he's cleaning the last of that brownie out of his teeth he says the *first* one hit him all at once. All he could think of was "oh man, I am SOOOOOOO fucked!" and then sat down on the couch with a giant hospital water jug/cup thing and fell asleep in fornt of the xbox for the next  8 or 9 hours
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

With 10 beers you're already feeling it and that extra shot is going to hit you in like a minute tops.

With edibles, it'll take maybe up around 45 minutes or so before you begin to feel the first effects.

Not a good plan for the impatient!

I know a guy that went through some medical problems a few years ago. Guy grew up in the '80's and hit his fair share of reefer back then and quenched the cotton mouth with "Beer" beer. Been around the dipshit block more than once but never got around to having any edibles back in the day. He got his shit together and became a regular Joe, you know with a house and kids and a good job and responsibility and all that shit. So the dude is stuck at home for months and is trying to taper off of all the Rx dope and a buddy we both know and I dropped in on him. The guy I was with dropped him off a small bag of home made brownies for later when we left.

Dude told me later he ate one and tripped balls for hours. Next morning, he gets to thinking that was bull shit since he'd already had pain meds so he decides he isn't going to take any pain meds unless he begins hurting bad and instead will just eat a brownie to get a good baseline check on what's actually happening.

He ate one while doing some house keeping chores and says he's about a half hour in when he decides he was right, it *was* all bull shit and eats another.

Well, as he's cleaning the last of that brownie out of his teeth he says the *first* one hit him all at once. All he could think of was "oh man, I am SOOOOOOO fucked!" and then sat down on the couch with a giant hospital water jug/cup thing and fell asleep in fornt of the xbox for the next  8 or 9 hours
View Quote
Wow.  Learn something on Arf everyday.  I suppose that explains my BiL's behavior when such things came up.  One of his friends mentioned something to do with "brownies" and my BiL just shook his head and seemed embarrassed.  I think I might know why now...
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#50]
lol
thc laced...bunch a limp wristed losers
what is wrong with kids today?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top