Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 6/29/2017 9:59:31 AM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Trump will receive the options if North Korea carries out another nuclear test or tests a missile that could hit the US mainland, the officials said.

"What we have to do is prepare all options because the President has made clear to us that he will not accept a nuclear power in North Korea and a threat that can target the United States and target the American population," National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster said at the Center for a New American Security conference on Wednesday.

Attachment Attached File

“The threat is much more immediate now and so it’s clear that we can’t repeat the same approach – failed approach of the past,” H.R. McMaster, the adviser, said during a security conference with Homeland Security Chief John Kelly.

He said it would be insanity to continue to do the same thing the U.S. has done for years and expect a different result.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/29/military-option-for-north-korea-being-prepared-for-trump-mcmaster-says.html
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:03:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure the US military has had a wide variety of plans drawn up for NK for the last 60 years at least. How is this news?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty sure the US military has had a wide variety of plans drawn up for NK for the last 60 years at least. How is this news?
View Quote
Hell we probably still have plans to invade Canada.  Which isn't such a bad idea.......
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#4]
USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll

In the poll, taken Saturday through Tuesday, half of Americans, 49%, says the Trump administration should take some sort of action to punish North Korea; about a third, 35%, disagreed.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll

In the poll, taken Saturday through Tuesday, half of Americans, 49%, says the Trump administration should take some sort of action to punish North Korea; about a third, 35%, disagreed.
View Quote
I bet that poll nailed the 2016 election results too...
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I bet that poll nailed the 2016 election results too...
View Quote
Did any poll nail it?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hell we probably still have plans to invade Canada.  Which isn't such a bad idea.......
View Quote
Bring back our Garands
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:37:12 AM EDT
[#8]
US F-16s in South Korea and Japanese F-35s are both set to get long-range missiles that are ideal for striking North Korean mobile missile launchers.

The US Air Force in South Korea recently increased the range and strength of its aircraft with 10 Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missiles, or JASSMs, that can hit Pyongyang with 2,000 pounds of explosives from almost 200 miles away.

The JASSM allows US F-16s to safely strike nuclear infrastructure and targets deep into North Korea from secure locations near Seoul.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:39:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I wouldn't want to be anywhere near Seoul if things ever touch off
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#10]
it's a good thing I still have all of my plastic sheeting and duct tape.

I was narrowly missed in the crop duster sarin attacks of '02.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:41:52 AM EDT
[#11]
President Trump has a meeting today with S. Korea's President, who has an appeasement approach to N. Korea.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at that one.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Honestly I hope they did this for Obama too when Fatboy was purging internal threats to solidify power.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Can't blame Trump.  Right now they hold Seoul hostage, tomorrow could be LA
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
it's a good thing I still have all of my plastic sheeting and duct tape.

I was narrowly missed in the crop duster sarin attacks of '02.
View Quote

lol

I was just thinking about that BS the other day.....
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did any poll nail it?
View Quote
Yes. A few did.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Bring back our Garands
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring back our Garands
But FTC's Garands are made in Italy.  They're not "our" Garands to begin with.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:48:26 AM EDT
[#18]
 That one got me
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:49:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Any time any place?

Fat boy sounds like a middle schooler
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#20]
We fuck up north korea, they fuck up south korea, the whole place becomes a war torn wasteland full of nightmarish suffering and despair, we feel very sympathetic and resort to rationing our protein powder before going to the gym. The horror, the horror.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm guessing Trump's plans are much different than anything previous presidents would be willing to carry out. 
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#24]
I really don't want this country getting into another war, but with the NORKS... they earned this fucking prize!

Unleash Maddog Mattis!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup.

My nutty son (Army Infantry) WANTS to go there. He may get his wish.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Nuclear experts warn of a march to war with North Korea

A group of ex-nuclear commanders issued a strong warning on Wednesday that pointed out the world is at the precipice of a potential nuclear war, and urged America to open up dialogue with North Korea.

Hailing from China, India, Pakistan, Russia and the United States, the Nuclear Crisis Group determined “that the risk of nuclear weapons use, intended or otherwise, is unacceptably high and that all states must take constructive steps to reduce these risks.” They called on the United States and NATO to establish military-to-military talks with Russia and recommended that India and Pakistan set up a nuclear hotline.

Link

Wonder why they picked India to be the call center..
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
First rule of plans to invade Canada...
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:56:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.  There will be a lot of deaths and suffering if the Norks feel they have nothing left to lose.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OPLAN Eh!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Really, odd considering how badly you lost the last three times
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Really, odd considering how badly you lost the last three times
View Quote

Plus we have no plans to burn down the White House again.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:05:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Bring LIBERATE back our Garands
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bring LIBERATE back our Garands
FTFY . But I'm scared of Fluffy.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
US F-16s in South Korea and Japanese F-35s are both set to get long-range missiles that are ideal for striking North Korean mobile missile launchers.

The US Air Force in South Korea recently increased the range and strength of its aircraft with 10 Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missiles, or JASSMs, that can hit Pyongyang with 2,000 pounds of explosives from almost 200 miles away.

The JASSM allows US F-16s to safely strike nuclear infrastructure and targets deep into North Korea from secure locations near Seoul.
View Quote
Unpossible.  GD assures me that the F-35 is not only not combat capable, but that it is inferior to any former generation aircraft before it.

In all seriousness, I am looking forward to the ass kicking that it will be able to dish out.  I don't think we know even a fraction of its capabilities (because they are classified maybe?).
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#36]
North Korea warns US, rest of the world it will keep building up nuclear arsenal

By Associated Press

UNITED NATIONS — North Korea’s U.N. ambassador warned the United States and the rest of the world Wednesday that his country will keep building up its nuclear arsenal regardless of sanctions, pressure or military attack.

Attachment Attached File

Sounds like that only leaves us with one option.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Japan should not be concerned if Tokyo or their mainland is targeted by Norks. That missile will land 1/4 the way in the sea.

On the other hand, if Norks target Cali, that missile will also fall short, but may land actually very near Japan.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#38]
I am fucked if the Norks start launching stuff.   The Norks can target various installations even here according to the Minister of Defense.   South Korea does not want THAAD, move that shit over here.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#39]
I ask myself what is in the best interest of the USA, ie results in the least US deaths.. what I come up with is to completely pull out of South Korea Militarily.  I assume like Vietnam, we will be trading partners sometime in the next 50 years... why should Americas youth die for South Koreans that can and should defend themselves?  

And then if NK continues to threaten us with Nukes we destroy them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I ask myself what is in the best interest of the USA, ie results in the least US deaths.. what I come up with is to completely pull out of South Korea Militarily.  I assume like Vietnam, we will be trading partners sometime in the next 50 years... why should Americas youth die for South Koreans that can and should defend themselves?  

And then if NK continues to threaten us with Nukes we destroy them.
View Quote
If it comes down to protecting Americans and hundreds of thousands of citizens in South Korea/Japan, and millions more as they keep developing their ICBMs and nukes, I think the choice is clear. Kim has made his entire population expendable.

Push the button that shuts down their entire country instantaneously, without contaminating nearby countries, as much as possible.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Is this real?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Is this real?
View Quote

No  faketrumptweet.com
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#43]
What has S. Korea been doing the last 60 yrs. to defend itself from the North?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Is this real?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Is this real?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What has S. Korea been doing the last 60 yrs. to defend itself from the North?
View Quote
They have been building their economy while we foot their defense bill.

I don't think American foreign policy gives a shit about any of our allies.  They just serve as foreign military bases so we can enforce our petrol dollar policy and maintain our superpower status.  Which imho stabilizes our standard of living while also stealing our wealth through debt creation... it's a slow boil.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
North Korea warns US, rest of the world it will keep building up nuclear arsenal

By Associated Press

UNITED NATIONS — North Korea’s U.N. ambassador warned the United States and the rest of the world Wednesday that his country will keep building up its nuclear arsenal regardless of sanctions, pressure or military attack.
View Quote
This all but assures war.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
................................The JASSM allows US F-16s to safely strike nuclear infrastructure and targets deep into North Korea from secure locations near the rubble that used to be Seoul.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Nuclear experts warn of a march to war with North Korea

A group of ex-nuclear commanders issued a strong warning on Wednesday that pointed out the world is at the precipice of a potential nuclear war, and urged America to open up dialogue with North Korea.

Hailing from China, India, Pakistan, Russia and the United States, the Nuclear Crisis Group determined “that the risk of nuclear weapons use, intended or otherwise, is unacceptably high and that all states must take constructive steps to reduce these risks.” They called on the United States and NATO to establish military-to-military talks with Russia and recommended that India and Pakistan set up a nuclear hotline.

Link

Wonder why they picked India to be the call center..
View Quote
The issue is states like NK and Iran. Peaceful talks doesn't solve everything.

Maybe we should have taken out the NK leadership before they got nukes.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Is this real?
View Quote
Yes. 100%
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top