Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2017 8:36:44 AM EDT
Link

An off-duty Chicago police officer and a 27-year-old woman were killed in a high-speed crash in the Lawndale neighborhood early Tuesday, moments after the officer allegedly fled when other police tried to pull him over.

Police Supt. Eddie Johnson said, around 1 a.m. Tuesday, on-duty officers in an unmarked police SUV saw a vehicle matching the description of a vehicle that possibly had been used in an earlier crime and tried to pull it over. It wasn’t the right vehicle, but the driver did not stop, and instead sped away. Johnson said it does not appear the on-duty officers knew the driver was an off-duty cop.

Moments later, the off-duty officer’s Jeep hit a silver Nissan at a high rate of speed at the intersection of Roosevelt Road and Kostner Avenue. Johnson said the off-duty officer and the woman driving the Nissan were killed.
View Quote
Police have not released the off-duty officer’s name, but Johnson said the officer was approaching his fourth anniversary on the force. He said it’s unclear why the officer did not stop when the unmarked SUV tried to pull him over.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Cops enforce the laws not obey them. Everyone knows this
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#2]
In other news, Chicago PD hiring.

Similar thing happened in San Francisco when a deputy was caught fraudulently parking in a handicap spot.  He fled the parking control officer (meter maid) who jotted down his plate.  The Sheriff's Department learned of it and fired him.  He should have taken the ticket and paid the fine.  From a six figure income down to zilch (I think he found another job that pays substantially less).
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:24:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He said it’s unclear why the officer did not stop when the unmarked SUV tried to pull him over.
View Quote
I'm guessing postmortem blood & drug tests will explain it.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:33:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Stereotypical... Family - My officer didn't du nutin.

Chicago police officer Taylor Clark

http://abc7chicago.com/news/family-of-off-duty-chicago-cop-killed-in-crash-left-with-questions/2160821/
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He said it’s unclear why the officer did not stop when the unmarked SUV tried to pull him over.
Or the results of an ongoing IA or federal investigation.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Homicide Victim in Accident

Chequita Adams, 27

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#7]
"My cousin my brother"  

Was this Chicago or West Virginia?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
WTF is that thing?! Good god.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dude, I know it's GD but have a little respect.  Jeez, she was killed by a fleeing cop.  Ain't her fault.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That's a man baby!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Police have not released the off-duty officer’s name, but Johnson said the officer was approaching his fourth anniversary on the force. He said the officer was shit faced drunk it’s unclear why the officer did not stop when the unmarked SUV tried to pull him over.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:12:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote
Dirty inkie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top